Mage Speculation for Next Expansion

Title basically says it all. With expansion speculation on the horizon, we may as well start thinking about our class. What are you guys expecting/hoping to see next expansion as far as mage mechanics go? After all, they did say the entire point of the prune was to build back up.

If my memory serves me correctly....I remember seeing a blue post not long ago that they weren't all that pleased with the Mage specs from a gameplay standpoint...which I would agree with. The specs just dont play ALL that much different when you compare it to the other pures.

Fire is in a solid spot gameplay-wise, imo...but I think the class in general is long overdue for some love...all 3 specs. Anything in particular you guys are hoping for?
    Last edited by Shullski; 2017-09-23 at 02:01 AM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Assuming the specs keep the artifact spell (pheonix flames, ebonbolt, moa) but none of the legendary effects. I think frost and fire are in ok spots, haven't played much arcane this expansion so won't comment on that.

Just some random thoughts.
    I would like to see Icy floes baslined into the class again, maybe with only 1 charge so its not quite so op.
    Having recently got the fire head have to say its a lot of fun and would like its effect to be included in alex fury talent.
    I'm worried that frost without the t20 4 set is gonna be really dull but I guess we will see next patch if thats the case.
    Kinda odd mages have very little in the way of actual self healing, only fire has that small heal on blink.
    Unstable magic needs to go, most boring useless talant ever.

Fire really needs to keep the legendary bracer proc. It makes the spec much more fun to occasionally hardcast throw out huge pyros.

The legendary fire DB helm is really fun too, and I think could be rolled into Alexstraszas fury, perhaps with a slightly reduced range bonus.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike the frost gameplay atm and would like to see the pet make a comeback.

And please more BF proccs...

Deleted
    Make AO baseline for Arcane, and rework mastery so it is not so trashy as it is now