Question Few questions about legion pvp

Never really did much of arenas before, except got like 1.9k as priest/mage in Cata. So I want to get into pvp as a dk or mage. Whats an easy comp to go with in 2v2? How hard is it to get to 2k for example? Any good websites/guides for talents and pvp talents and some basic info.

Could someone confirm or deny things im not sure about below please.

Legendary affixes dont work but people still wear them for 970 ilvl pieces
    Argus questline gives a bit of a buff.
    There are no other resources or ways to find a parthner except just spamming general

P.S. How is legion pvp in general since they have template for each spec now is it better or worse then before?
    Last edited by Nephcyte; 2017-09-12 at 05:18 PM.

pvp is simply horrible atm, mostly due to ability prune and a complete lack of anything resembling balance

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Never really did much of arenas before, except got like 1.9k as priest/mage in Cata. So I want to get into pvp as a dk or mage. Whats an easy comp to go with in 2v2? How hard is it to get to 2k for example? Any good websites/guides for talents and pvp talents and some basic info.

Could someone confirm or deny things im not sure about below please.

There are no other resources or ways to find a parthner except just spamming general

P.S. How is legion pvp in general since they have template for each spec now is it better or worse then before?
    Whats an easy comp to go with in 2v2?

Melee + healer (disc would be the best one) is likely the easiest comp you can play in 2s. In 3s I would DK / Warrior / Healer (Monk / Druid) would be the easiest one.

How hard is it to get to 2k for example?

Doable if you put some effort in it.

They don't work (nor do trinkets, even pvp ones). In pvp you have a base template and your stats are increased by 0.1% for each ilvl you have above 800 (ilvl 850 gives you 5% stats improvement).

They do increase your weapon ilvl, hence they do give you a very small buff.

Guilds, LFG tool, friends.

As said, ilvl is the only thing that matters. You have the PVP talents as well. I liked it better before where I could choose where to spend my points (ie: mastery or crit), IMO pandaria was the best expansion when it came to gearing, I really miss gemming, enchanting and reforging my gear, as well as picking a profession to customize my character.

The main thing that affected PVP is legion is actually the massive ability pruning, it absolutely shattered the CC vs survival vs damage distribution (which was already broken in WoD).

Overall I find PVP to be in a general bad place right now, the rewards are very low compared to PVE and the overall balance is still pretty much off. I liked Pandaria and WotLK much better than it is now.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-09-12 at 09:12 PM.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Thank you for comprehensive answer Knolan.

Would you know if i should go frost or unholy? And maybe what websites are good as a baseline pvp guide if such exists other then noxxic/icyveins since i think those are often inaccurate. I just need to know the right talents/pvp talents and maybe light spell priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Thank you for comprehensive answer Knolan.

Would you know if i should go frost or unholy? And maybe what websites are good as a baseline pvp guide if such exists other then noxxic/icyveins since i think those are often inaccurate. I just need to know the right talents/pvp talents and maybe light spell priority.
    According to http://www.arenamate.net/ frost is more popular. Probably it is more about your comp, as unholy has stronger rot while frost has stronger burst, also they have different CC. Keep in mind that Frost is way easier to play.

As for resource, I would look what top players are using, I also always look at youtube to have some idea of what I should be doing. Legion has a lot a situational talents so I would look more into understand where to use each talent rather than which is the cookie cutter build.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

I would go unholy, more range, better survival , better sustain, better utility. Play TSG and go Unholy

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If you're like me btw, just getting them 100 wins in for the achieve (turns into feat) [also you automatically get challenger now, another feat] - it's a lot of fun. If you're a true high level pvper: I couldn't tell you lol, a lot of people are enjoying it just fine.. I think pve is in a better place, so all of my friends who strictly pvp'ed prior xpacs: we are all pve'ing for gear for pvp lol..

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Affixes, stats (both primary and secondary), enchants, gems and so on don't work
    The only thing that matters is item level