Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Asking for ilvl is not about discriminating low ilvls. A group of 930 who spetnt enough time to get that gear, wants another player who wont pull back the team with his lower dps / less experience in the content. Its that simple, spend time, get gear, dont expect others will carry you for your nice eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    As a casual it feels so nice to finally be respected by the elite group that was "Mythic + Dungeons"
    You know you can make your own groups, right? I regularly (before stopping playing) created +10s and +15s in gear 20-30 ilvls below the accepted level. Your group, your rules.

i quit wow 2 months ago and i think my pally was ilvl 916 bro so just quit and chill like me

I have 6 toons. My lowest geared is still 938 bag I lvl. I don't even raid anymore and haven't for a while, just casual world content, pvp and mythic+ for last couple months. If you're getting discriminated against it is not your I lvl it's your lack of experience with the game. Only bads will accept you just for I lvl anyways, but all that being said if you can't even get your main as geared as my alts (my demon hunter I've barely played, for example is 938 equipped and no I didn't get carried to gear or anything) you're just not playing the fucking game.

I like the way gear works currently. After only a couple of weeks doing some casual world content (did LFR tomb just to see the bosses tthere). I am around 911 I level. With a bit more effort I will jump up a bit more, all this with out doing Normal or Heroic current raids? pretty darn good to play the game in anyway I choose.

Hell not touched M+ since before tomb came out so will probably have to give it a whirl again for some easy rewards. Really like what blizzard has done in regards to how you can gear. AP is a bit too grindy though but meh still having fun!

At least you admit that you're casual. 920 is pretty bad these days and I wouldn't bring anyone under 930 into a 10 or higher. That being said it's nice to see casual players trying to improve and progress into more difficult content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's nice to have a relevant item level for once. Need to boost it up as much as possible so I can get into heroic Antorus on day one. Then it's praying to the RNG gods that something decent drops to boost it up even more and hopefully I can remain at a stable, accepted item level and down Argus on heroic in a pug for the mount at some point in the future.

If you can get your foot in the door early and boost that item level up, you usually find pugs always pick you. Otherwise you're fucked unless you get titanforged gear.

At 922 so far. Need 935-940 before Antorus hits.

Yeah this is the catch up window really. In about a month, month and a half, it will be 930 so so invite and 940 auto invite.

I am now 936. Be 935 or GTFO m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    ...In about a month, month and a half, it will be 930 so so invite and 940 auto invite.
    That's how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Why are you seeking validation from random nobodies in a game?
    Just because he likes been accepted into groups doesnt mean he is " seeking validation ", maybe stop psycho-analysing people, its not a good trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Doesn't it feel demotivating though? I mean if you wait you can skip this content too and get even higher iLvl when the next patch comes out.
    And then you'll be behind again.

You need to ride the item level train or you'll never be allowed to do anything group-PvE endgame related in this game. DPS and knowledge of tactics mean fuckall if you're behind on item level required to get into a group because you took the 'better' relic with the lower Ilvl count.

I am the same.

Had kids and had to go casual.

So I rely on TF procs and farmable gear to get into high M+ pugs.

Obviously when the next raid comes out, raiders will go massively ahead in item level. But for now, the gap is closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And then you'll be behind again.

You need to ride the item level train or you'll never be allowed to do anything group-PvE endgame related in this game. DPS and knowledge of tactics mean fuckall if you're behind on item level required to get into a group because you took the 'better' relic with the lower Ilvl count.
    One relic or trinket choice doesn't make a difference in the long run. If you're shit (which it seems like you are) it will be very obvious regardless of your relic choices. A simple wow armoury or wowprogress search will reveal a lot more than IL will. Instead of blaming relics you could accept the fact that you're bad and either get better or make your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    It's ok. They'll start seeing that once they invite you they will see that you have all relinquished gear on and kick you out again and say "GET YOUR GEAR LEGIT SCRUB! NO WELFARE EPICS ALLOWED!"
    Actually relinquished gear looks like a mix of dungeon and raid gear. Always has. I've gotten raid tier, pvp trinkets, dungeon relics...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Maybe not, but achievements mean much more than ilvl. I would take a 920 with ToS AotC over a 935 without it.
    LOL haha achievements mean so much more my ass xD. U can buy ur AotC lol without even knowing tactics...
    People who think achievements mean a thing aare just as stupid as people that think ilvl matters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    One relic or trinket choice doesn't make a difference in the long run. If you're shit (which it seems like you are) it will be very obvious regardless of your relic choices. A simple wow armoury or wowprogress search will reveal a lot more than IL will. Instead of blaming relics you could accept the fact that you're bad and either get better or make your own group.
    They won't look at your Armory regardless if you're Ilvl 939 instead of 940.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    I am the same.

Had kids and had to go casual.

So I rely on TF procs and farmable gear to get into high M+ pugs.

Obviously when the next raid comes out, raiders will go massively ahead in item level. But for now, the gap is closer.
    The kid thing I get, in terms of the time you don't have as much to spend on the game. But, I would recommend that you don't rely on pugs. Push your own key and do it enough so you never start with a key below 10 every week. I mean why bother trying to get into M+ pugs when you can make your own? I rarely pug unless it's a dungeon I want to farm for specific gear, otherwise it is 100% a waste of my time to rely on other people and just a greater chance I'm going to end up in a group with people who are not very good.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-09-13 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    One: Play a class/spec that's needed
    Two: 920 ilvl equipped is what normal ToS pugs ask for before auto declining people
    Three: You can always start your own groups for Heroic ToS/Mythic+ (10 or higher obviously)

If someone is looking in group finder and sees 10 people, ranging from 870 to 940, and they give or take 5 ilvl because they know it's likely that person doesn't have what they really queue up with (I for instance queue up with 942 bag ilvl, but I only have 937 equipped) - My point is that if you have a choice between a bunch of random people that have low ilvl or high ilvl.. why would you take the people that have LIKELY put in a lot less effort?

I myself.. I've spent 40 days in game since I hit 110.. on ONE character: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...oore/dacoolest - I've cleared hundreds and hundreds of mythic+'s, and TONS of raids - we are talking likely spending 4-5 of those 40 days since I hit 110 a year ago: IN A RAID.

If you're having issues: Start your own group - it's not blizzards job to hand out gear for only playing 1 hour a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    All of this. My main for example, it can get to 938 I lvl, but on my main I have not had the most immaculate gear drops for every slot. However I have all the gear I need to do dps that is more than at par for *any* content in this game. I can without hurting my dps wear 4 piece t20 and 2 piece t19, and I have really good trinkets for my class and so on, and even mainly bis relics...and for all 3 specs to boot, plus I will have all legendaries for my class before Antorus drops. However I am only 924 equipped with my best gear on right now, I can't raid anything high end because of computer issues right now, as well as the lack of desire to even look at Tomb of Sargeras which I was bored of months ago. So my hp is a little lower, my agility is a little lower, but my stats are not significantly lower than if I were decked out in full 930+ gear, but my dick is huge and it's like it's made out of brain matter.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-09-13 at 09:31 AM.