Question about Build of the Month

This might be a really dumb series of questions, but I'm building my first PC so I don't want to mess it up:

Do I have to buy anything other than exactly what's listed on the build of the month to successfully build a PC? Cables? Screws? What kind of screwdriver do I need?

Also, what is the best way to install an OS on a built PC? DVDs? Is there anything pre-loaded on the PC parts I'm going to buy?

And are there any good resources as far as a step by step guide to building my first PC?

Thanks in advance for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cbe2093 View Post
    This might be a really dumb series of questions, but I'm building my first PC so I don't want to mess it up:

Do I have to buy anything other than exactly what's listed on the build of the month to successfully build a PC? Cables? Screws? What kind of screwdriver do I need?

Also, what is the best way to install an OS on a built PC? DVDs? Is there anything pre-loaded on the PC parts I'm going to buy?

And are there any good resources as far as a step by step guide to building my first PC?

No, all the parts needed to assemble are included with the parts you buy, so a case has cables and screws, GPU has cable to monitor (usually) or a monitor has a cable. In rare cases you might need to buy a display port cable if your monitor comes with HDMI cable (some monitors have issues over HDMI)

If you buy a 'no tools' case, you won't even need a screwdriver.

For OS install, you can buy a key and use a USB stick with a downloadable setup from Microsoft (if you go with Windows), you can also buy a Windows DVD, but then you need a DVD driver for it. Plenty of stuff on youtube, just when watching videos, apply thermal paste on the surfice where CPU contacts cooler equally(if you use intel stock cooler it comes with paste already applied, so no need to worry about it), most of videos I've found only put a drop on the middle of chip.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by cbe2093 View Post

- Phillips head screwdriver #2, preferably with magnetic head.
    - Cable ties, if you dont want to buy a lot of them use black 2.5x150mm ones.
    - Anti-static wrist wrap or rubber/nitrile gloves. A lot of people dont use those but it's recommended.

As far as video help Paul's Hardware and Bitwit on Youtube both have step-by-step guides how to build a PC.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B