Thread: Mega Man MMO?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Mega Man MMO?

Would you play a Mega Man MMO? there have been so many mega man games with different characters and environments, what would that look like in an MMO format?

Would you play such a game?

10+ Year Old Account
    HELL AND YES, one of my favorite franchises of all time Mega Man 3 FTW!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    I don't see how you could make that an mmo, unless you mean one of those free mobile games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    HELL AND YES, one of my favorite franchises of all time Mega Man 3 FTW!
    I know, i have fond memories of all the Mega Man games I played back in the day. Would be cool to see the franchise be brought to the big boys table and made into an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I don't see how you could make that an mmo, unless you mean one of those free mobile games.
    It would just need to be similar to Megaman Legends rather than the original Megaman games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    It would just need to be similar to Megaman Legends rather than the original Megaman games.
    Do you think they could make it into an open world sandbox type game?

There was going to be one, at first people thought it was gonna be the bridge between the original and X series. But it was something like the very distant future with nothing similar to Mega Man, trouble arises and the people make copies of Mega Man, Proto Man, X, Zero, etc. I remember seeing once that it was a sidescroller, but don't remember how it would have worked.

yes and also make it virtual reality
    hit & run posting lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    There was going to be one, at first people thought it was gonna be the bridge between the original and X series. But it was something like the very distant future with nothing similar to Mega Man, trouble arises and the people make copies of Mega Man, Proto Man, X, Zero, etc. I remember seeing once that it was a sidescroller, but don't remember how it would have worked.
    Wow thats pretty awesome. I'd love to explore the world of Mega Man in an open world type sandbox though.

I've had a dream once of a 2d Snes style Megaman X MMO. Had an open world part and then instanced multiplayer missions. Different classes like ranged and melee combat, repair/support, cyberspace magic and mech rider. Multiple gear slots with stats like wow; shoulder slots could be servo arms, extra cannons or little satellites that fly around you that can shoot or take damage.

Too bad it was only a dream...

Edit: also check out Megaman X Corrupted, fan made game that's supposed to be open world Metroidvania style, been in development for 10 years but the creator has been streaming lots of development of it on Twitch recently (https://www.twitch.tv/jkbgames/videos/all).
    Last edited by JCD000; 2017-09-13 at 04:45 PM.

Jay while I normally agree with you I'm going to have to say no on this one.

I have a feeling it would be a Japan only one for starters due to it's popularity mostly still lingering there. And that's already irritated me with Phantasy Star Online 2.

As for the other reason I can't see it being an MMO. Just so used to the side scrolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I know, i have fond memories of all the Mega Man games I played back in the day. Would be cool to see the franchise be brought to the big boys table and made into an MMO.
    Yeah, Mega Man 3 had me hooked and then on, until the SNES series then they did that Mega Man X shit and got into some kind of weird ass fucking anima stuff, but up until then I was really a huge fan, and still was after.

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-13 at 04:48 PM.

Sadly I grew up a Mega Drive kid so I never got into Mega Man until later. First one for me was Mega Man 2. Sounds obvious but eh people kept telling me to play that one first so I did. And I still think the best Mega Man of the NES era is 5 imo. Best SNES one is X hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you play a Mega Man MMO? there have been so many mega man games with different characters and environments, what would that look like in an MMO format?

Would you play such a game?
    No thanks but could maybe believe in a Mega Man Action RPG.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I doubt any one will agree with me but the only mega man mmo I'd want would be a battle network game. Only megs man games I've ever really liked and been able to beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No thanks but could maybe believe in a Mega Man Action RPG.
    They did something like this on N64 it was pretty horrible. Maybe no so much the RPG aspect, but Mega Man is an action game with a compelling story backdrop

10+ Year Old Account
    They did something like this on N64 it was pretty horrible. Maybe no so much the RPG aspect, but Mega Man is an action game with a compelling story backdrop
    Indeed but I can't see Mega Man as a thriving MMO, unless we go MMOFPS that is.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Indeed but I can't see Mega Man as a thriving MMO, unless we go MMOFPS that is.
    Yeah I would imagine maybe something like that, so long as it kept the basic elements that kept it fun without going too over the top and delivering on neither it's original theme or any promised content going forward.

Maybe something like Overwatch, but I've not played Overwatch really, but going by the specs and what I have seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I would imagine maybe something like that, so long as it kept the basic elements that kept it fun without going too over the top and delivering on neither it's original theme or any promised content going forward.

Maybe something like Overwatch, but I've not played Overwatch really, but going by the specs and what I have seen.
    Just don't think I would even touch it.. I am a side-scrolling Mega Man lover, can't really accept much of it in other way.