10+ Year Old Account

Food, sounds and smells - What are your senses 'blessed' with?

Heya all!

So, I am a big lover of cooking. Mostly for other people and I have taken notice to personal reactions that made me curious about people more.

We know not everyone can cook, or know much of a kitchen. We also know some love to cook, or have a 'handler' when they try to cook.

What do you find divine within the kitchen and world of food?

Examples of smells:
    • Freshly brewed coffee?
    • Freshly brewed tea?
    • Freshly baked bread?
    • Sizzling bacon?

Examples of sounds:
    • Brewing coffee?
    • Crunch of cereal?
    • Sizzling bacon?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The smell of baking bread is number 1 for me. Soon as it comes out of the oven I like to slice of a piece and spread real butter all over it. Yum!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The smell of baking bread is number 1 for me. Soon as it comes out of the oven I like to slice of a piece and spread real butter all over it. Yum!
    Oh, it is on my top too. Generally love to bake.

The odd thing for me is, the sound of brewing coffee and the scent, yet I don't like drinking it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The best thing is that first splash of onions in the wok, smells 1000x better than it tastes.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Smells:
    • Brewing Coffee/Tea
    • Baking Bread
    • Cooking Steaks
    • Sautéing vegetables
    • Baking cookies/sweets

Sounds:
    • Loud sizzle when adding a liquid to a sautéing dish
    • Whirring noise from the mixer
    • Chopping sounds
    • Rumble of simmering soups/sauces

Feelings:
    • Rush of hot air to the face, from the oven, on a cold winter's night
    • Heat of fresh, well cooked food
    • Chill of a cold beverage after a bite of hot food
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds:

• When garlic first starts cracking/popping in a skillet/wok.
    • The clanging and clatter of pots and pans being taken off/put on the fire.
    • The rhythmic sound of a skilled hand chopping and mincing (This one is my favorite; it's like music to me)

Smells:

• Like with sounds, when the garlic first starts to crack the scent in the kitchen is fantastic.
    • The smell of my little apartment herb garden; basil, rosemary, and oregano playing and dancing together.
    • freshly zested citrus peel.
    • The smell that fills the house after having a good curry or chili going in the crock pot all day on getting home from work.

So many more I could add to this list.....man you're killing me with this kind of question. I'm happiest when I'm cooking; especially for other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    ass
    ass
    ass
    that smell after finishing some anal sex