Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this thread is still here when I wake up. Hilarious shit, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    You just want to say that is overpriced?
    That's literally all, lmao. People got too offended at me calling Blizzard greedy, I guess, although there's much more behind that statement than simple store mounts, but that's for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    Cool story I just spent $100 for a ppv fight recently and got nothing from it after. Please tell me more.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'm not low on funds though, despite you constantly trying to spin it that way. The mount could be $1 and I still wouldn't buy it. You'd be delusional if you think I lack even that.

Why is it that you preach that each individual can decide their own price, but when I decide that it's too high for the little value gained, you immediately assume that I'm poor?

I don't think any mount is worth $40. I don't think any mount is worth $25. I don't think any mount is worth $1. I simply think that for the money we give them for expansions and subscription fees, that it's fair for them to give us all of the content.
    Happy to hear you're doing ok.
    I support you in buying or not buying whatever makes you happy.

Deleted
    That's literally all, lmao. People got too offended at me calling Blizzard greedy, I guess, although there's much more behind that statement than simple store mounts, but that's for another thread.
    Well ok, but that's kinda subjective in this case, don't you think?

It's not black and white, let's be honest. Now if the price was 300 dollars, yeah ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 2-seat flying mount, practically at the price of $20 each if you only count virtual goodies. Same price as Blizzard store mounts, as it has been for quite a few years now.

You don't pay for the mounts, you pay for the virtual ticket.

No one has ever forced you to pre-order or buy other Blizzard games, JUST to get the goodies in WoW. The same goes for other video games.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-09-14 at 09:12 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not low on funds though, despite you constantly trying to spin it that way. The mount could be $1 and I still wouldn't buy it. You'd be delusional if you think I lack even that.

Why is it that you preach that each individual can decide their own price, but when I decide that it's too high for the little value gained, you immediately assume that I'm poor?

I don't think any mount is worth $40. I don't think any mount is worth $25. I don't think any mount is worth $1. I simply think that for the money we give them for expansions and subscription fees, that it's fair for them to give us all of the content.
    Here's the problem: you say Blizzard should give you everything they create for their games for free, and they think they should put them in a shop where people have to buy them. A lot of people are more than happy to do this, so they make a crapton of money from it. As long as people are doing that and it's making them a crapton of money, they have absolutely zero incentive to take any other course of action. They're a company, and companies exist to make money. Sure they love making games and sharing them, but they can't just do it for the satisfaction of a job well done and a pat on the back as we consume everything they create without giving anything back.

And there is certainly an argument to be made that buying the expansions and paying the subscription fee entitles you to every mount, pet and service ever made, but here's the other thing: in accordance with the terms of service you agreed to when you started playing the game and to which you agree every time the game updates, the only thing the subscription fee gives you is access to Blizzard's servers and the ability to play the game. That's it. Nothing else. You can read the ToS all you like, but nowhere in there is it mentioned that your monthly fee gets you any mounts or pets.

Is this unfair? Almost certainly. I honestly think that microtransactions should never have become a thing. But they're a thing now, and they make ludicrous amounts of money, so every company that wants to make it anywhere in their field has to get with the times or get left behind.

Personally I've never had a problem with the cost of the virtual ticket for what I get for it. Not only do we get the in-game stuff and access to the panels, but usually my wife and I get some friends over, grab some snacks, and make a weekend of it with snuggles and blankets. It's an awesome experience that transcends the value of the ticket I paid for.

Deleted
    I don't think any mount is worth $40..
    You get more than just the mount for the $40, why are you kids ignoring that fact? It's been like this since they first introduced the virtual ticket, just because it's a mount this year the tears are real.

The mount could be $1 and I still wouldn't buy it.
    Considering how much you're crying over this mount I call bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this thread is still here when I wake up. Hilarious shit, so far.

In other news, water makes things wet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    In other news, water makes things wet.
    Breaking news: inside every person is a whole human skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by Trihan View Post
    Breaking news: inside every person is a whole human skeleton.
    This thread officially just got TOO SPOOKY.

This is probably a stupid question, but how long is the virtual ticket available for?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Clearly you don't know how stealing works ....

WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    What??? What relevance is that?? my £3.45 beer is a month of wages in some currencies. You are literally clutching at straws to make an argument.

Personally, I think the Virtual ticket is better value this year than it ever has been. And of course they've added the mount in to get people to buy it, but its called business. You don't have to buy it if you don't want or can't afford it.

I don't think I'll be buying it as money is tight this month but I'm not flipping my lid because of the price

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You get access to game servers for that money. Certainly, prepaid services aren't a new concept for people, right?

I also find it funny that people consider 40$ a somehow serious sum of money. 40$ equals what, 3 beers in a pub? We're not in 1900s anymore, guys.
    now now - different people are from different parts of world - there are still countries where people make 150-200$ a month - so ofc for them it seems expensive.

but this doesnt change a fact that is someone cant afford something thats just that - that service is not for him

i wish i was driving a ferrari but i know that i cant afford it yet :P so i dont whine why ferrari is so expenvice compared to i.e mazda cx5 which i drive when both of them are technicaly "just cars " which are meant to drive you from point A to point B - its just what it is - that life for you.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-09-14 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Can someone help me please how much euro is a token from AH? I know 1 token = 1 month but in euro? 15? or to be exact is it 2 tokens for the ticket?

And on topic: If you are playing for years and you like this mount (or both of them) it would be silly to not buy them for reasons like omg p2p etc. 100% worth their price. At the end of the day if some nice mounts are keeping the game alive its a win win for everyone without imbalancing the game. Far from a daylight robbery.
    1 token = 13€

WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

This this and so much this^

It sickens me how people immediately let go of all moral and post "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" -meme and hype this up. Jeez, its because of brainless consumers that blizzard keeps doing SHIT like this.

These mounts are indeed very nice, cool and unique looking. Imagine if, instead of fucking entering your (or as I believe in many of the MMOCs users case, their mothers) credit card information, these mounts were instead obtained ingame, after a long and challenging questline? Or perhaps the end reward of a slow reputation? Or some rare drop of a mob or boss?

In any other case i'd be hyped too, but now i'm disgusted and pissed. Blizzard are showing this infront of our face, and then demand 39$ for it, and "people" clap their hands. Good job goys.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Not where I live if you're paying adult ticket prices

If you see a movie at Village cinemas and get a popcorn, drink and an icecream you're looking at 40 bucks.
    Adult prices at the reading cinema, https://readingcinemas.com.au/ are $10 a ticket.

You're choosing to look at the more expensive aus places, and compare them to the cheaper US+EU places,

The equivilent of our $20 places costs US like $15-16, which is basically $20 in Australian dollar.
    And EUs equivilent of our $20 places, is 10-15 euro, so $16-$22 Aus.

It varies from place to place.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-09-14 at 12:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They have something to sell, so they do. How immoral.... NOT. People should stop whining about basic business practices, it's pathetic.

I didn't even blink when I bought it lol that is nothing to me

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

As a staunch critic of Blizzard...no, this is not an issue.

They are providing remote access to events, discount on a goody bag, and a mount. It is not $40 for a mount. Just because the only thing you might value out of the package is the mount does not make the mount that expensive.

There are many, many things to complain about how Blizzard does things. This is not one of them.