Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    Buy it with gold. Seriously is there nothing of importance to complain about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You know that within a matter of hours or days, all the info and most of the video will likely be all over the internet, right? Unless you absolutely have to have the virtual random pets and toys, there's not much of a loss here.
    And yet people are complaining about a meagre sum to watch stuff immediately and get some in game freebies. Funny, that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Seriously is there nothing of importance to complain about?
    I wish you understood how funny this is coming from you.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really pissed off aswell, i want a murloc instead
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Rather get the info from the horse's mouth than some (oftentimes poorly worded) summary on the MMO-C front page, and virtual goodies in games I play to boot! 40 bucks is nothing.
    I was talking about direct quotes or replays of the actual video footage, not misquoted synopsis.

But it's not that $40 is a lot of money(because it's really not). It's just that there are so many other things you could get with that money if you just have the patience to wait a little bit and avoid getting run over by the hype train. $40 is a full AAA game on sale, or 3-4 smaller games on steam. It's also nearly 3 months of sub to wow, or two wow tokens(and all the gold those are worth).

So like I said, unless you absolutely have to have the virtual loot, just wait a little bit and spend that money somewhere better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    I'm really pissed off aswell, i want a murloc instead
    I don't even play WoW anymore and I'd rather have a Murloc instead. It just feels wrong to have a BlizzCon and not get a Murloc...

Deleted
    I made the mistake of paying for the virual ticket once, never again. Paying money to watch Blizzard promoting a product I already pay for is fucking stupid, should never have done that. Also the actual value was pretty shit in the last years and a mount won`t change that. But maybe I´m just getting old.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.
    But, the price isn't just for a mount, no need to be outraged there. You should see the rest of what you get.

And yeah, the mount is deliberately made so unique that we feel we need to buy it.
    The mounts are deliberately to be a product to sell, you wanting it is on you. You aren't forced to purchase anything.

But I could buy Total War Warhammer 2 for that money, or other triple-AAA retail game.
    Then you go do that, off you go! No one will hate on you.

And remember that this is $39.99 in USD. There's no provisions for local currencies. In some currencies, $39.99 USD is a month's wages.
    And it is 29.99 Euro as well, not that much for the package you get.

Again, you aren't forced.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I was talking about direct quotes or replays of the actual video footage, not misquoted synopsis.

But it's not that $40 is a lot of money(because it's really not). It's just that there are so many other things you could get with that money if you just have the patience to wait a little bit and avoid getting run over by the hype train. $40 is a full AAA game on sale, or 3-4 smaller games on steam. It's also nearly 3 months of sub to wow, or two wow tokens(and all the gold those are worth).

So like I said, unless you absolutely have to have the virtual loot, just wait a little bit and spend that money somewhere better.
    We can just agree to disagree then :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serj Tankian View Post
    I don't even play WoW anymore and I'd rather have a Murloc instead. It just feels wrong to have a BlizzCon and not get a Murloc...
    The mount engines are run on rampaging murlocs on a hamster wheel.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    WTF.

$39.99 USD for a mount.

its 40$ for the virtual ticket, the mount is just an added part...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Think it is a fair pricing (and it is good that it is actually a mount instead of a lousy pet) its a step forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    This complaint is almost a decade too late.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

We can just agree to disagree then :P
    Please don't misunderstand me! I think it's perfectly fine if people want to throw down the $40 for the virtual ticket. All I was pointing out is that it's not a great tragedy if you can't or don't want to.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-09-13 at 08:15 PM.

Please don't misunderstand me! I think it's perfectly fine if people want to throw down the $40 for the virtual ticket. All I was pointing out is that it's not a great tragedy if you can't or don't want to.
    Oh, I never thought you were being negative about it, you were just providing a different side of an argument. Arguments have to have 2 sides and all, or its just yelling!

What goodies for their other games?

I looked at the ticket contents on the Blizzard website. You get jack shit apart from the mount and the ability to watch streams. Ooo only Blizzard makes you pay through the nose for twitch/youtube.
    They won't release the other goodies until later on. If you really think these 2 mounts are the only goodies then I don't know what to say.

Also it's been 40 dollars for years. Quit being so dramatic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Buy it with gold. Seriously is there nothing of importance to complain about?
    Oh the irony.

Oh, I never thought you were being negative about it, you were just providing a different side of an argument. Arguments have to have 2 sides and all, or its just yelling!
    What is this! Courtesy and understanding on an internet forum! How dare you, sir(or madame)! Get out, I say! OUT! ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Cable/PPV shit is always expensive regardless of what it is. Some people pay that much just to watch a single UFC fight; why are we shocked when a two day event that also includes in-game rewards costs that much?

I mean, then do that instead.

You'll get all the information free online anyway. This option is purely for people who find the cost worth the entertainment obtained from it.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but I think it's pretty simple concept to only buy things that you think are worth what they cost, and don't buy things that you don't think are worth their price.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    About 700k gold in EU. I think that's cheap for unique mount. Bought one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Sounds good, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I agree. They're once again forcing players into uncomfortable decisions.

Very Blizzlike.
    Lmao, you are not being forced to buy it. You are just weak and will buy anything blizz wants to sell.