Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I love that you are trying to morally justify murdering a helpless baby.

    And you aren't the only one. I get you people like to argue and shit, but wow. Just wow.
    A baby is essentially still a bag of flesh working on instincts. Do you eat other animals (I do)? There's no reasonable difference between the two. No, I am wrong, the animals we eat are actually more advanced.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    A baby is essentially still a bag of flesh working on instincts. Do you eat other animals (I do)? There's no reasonable difference between the two.
    So do you eat babies as well?

  3. #83
    Immortal matheney2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of the Border
    Posts
    7,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    A baby is essentially still a bag of flesh working on instincts. Do you eat other animals (I do)? There's no reasonable difference between the two. No, I am wrong, the animals we eat are actually more advanced.
    Now you are saying you eat babies?

  4. #84
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.
    7777

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    Just to clarify. You are trying to justify her actions of giving birth in the bathroom stall, drowning the baby and trying to flush it down the toilet?
    Are you suggesting what is basically a false dichotomy?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.
    How the fuck is it not an actual person? Is a newborn kitten not an "actual" cat? Is a newborn puppy not an "actual dog?" It's a living, breathing human with almost all of its biological function. If it's not an actual human, please enlighten us as to what it really is.

  7. #87
    Banned Tennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    You wish you lived here
    Posts
    11,772
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I love that you are trying to morally justify murdering a helpless baby.

    And you aren't the only one. I get you people like to argue and shit, but wow. Just wow.
    By @Fojos logic, if someone murdered a ward full of newly born babies, it's not as bad as us having baked chicken for dinner. One of the most unbelievable posts I've ever read.

    @Celista, being the OffTopic legal expert, what do you make of this?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.
    The law says otherwise. Human nature says otherwise. Are you living on a different planet?

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    How the fuck is it not an actual person? Is a newborn kitten not an "actual" cat? Is a newborn puppy not an "actual dog?" It's a living, breathing human with almost all of its biological function. If it's not an actual human, please enlighten us as to what it really is.
    I didn't say human. I said person. ...no life experience, no personality, no memories...
    7777

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I didn't say human. I said person. ...no life experience, no personality, no memories...
    so is that the criteria by which you value life? so with your logic, killing a human in a lifelong, persistent vegetative state shouldn't carry the same consequences as killing an "actual human" right?

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    @Celista, being the OffTopic legal expert, what do you make of this?
    I have barely used my degree since graduating. That being said, not sure what the question is but yes trying to kill your baby after giving birth by flushing it down the toilet is illegal.

    Glad I could help.

  11. #91
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    so is that the criteria by which you value life? so with your logic, killing a human in a lifelong, persistent vegetative state shouldn't carry the same consequences as killing an "actual human" right?
    In theory no it shouldn't. Someone in a persistent vegetative state, that is to say a Terri Schiavo-esque PVS, is functionally dead already.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    In theory no it shouldn't. Someone in a persistent vegetative state, that is to say a Terri Schiavo-esque PVS, is functionally dead already.
    In theory? What theory would that be? Certainly not a legal one.

  13. #93
    A McDonald’s employee gave birth at work and then tried to kill the baby ... by feeding it McDonalds.

    That was the punchline I was expecting.

  14. #94
    Deleted
    The lesson here being:
    Always lock your toilet stall people!

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The lesson here being:
    Always lock your toilet stall people!
    New lesson: Always read the article before posting.

    "The second employee walked into the bathroom, peered over Lockner’s stall and “saw a newborn baby face down in toilet bowl,” prosecutors said."
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  16. #96
    Coke and cookies, that's nuts. I pity the baby, even if it couldn't remember. I pity the lady too, especially if she didn't realize she was pregnant and that was a big freak-out.

    But yeesh, bash her head with a hammer? Sterilize her? The hell is wrong with you people? If you actually acted on that stuff, you'd be 100 times worse than her. Get some therapy, people.

  17. #97
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    In theory? What theory would that be? Certainly not a legal one.
    Someone with Terri Schiavo's PVS is functionally already dead. You cannot murder someone who is already dead. What is it you find difficult to understand?
    Speciation Is Gradual

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Someone with Terri Schiavo's PVS is functionally already dead. You cannot murder someone who is already dead. What is it you find difficult to understand?
    What are you having trouble understanding? You keep using this phrase "functionally dead", as if its either accurate or relevant to the discussion. I was simply using PVS to question Elba's view on the value of human life.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persis...ate#Definition

    "Unlike brain death, permanent vegetative state (PVS) is recognized by statute law as death in very few legal systems."

    So, what's your point again?

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Sure there are but I think we can be pretty sure that someone who goes to work at McD and has her baby there before trying to flush it might not be totally rational. It doesn't take a whole lot of thinking to call in sick (or go home) when you are having a baby and you want to keep it a secret.
    What I suspect happened was that she was in hardcore denial and couldn't afford to call in sick.

  20. #100
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    20,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How utterly despicable!
    What kind of person does this?

    Sick of these people claiming how "they didn't know" they were preggers as well. How can you not know? Never had a biology class? Unbelievable!

    Severe brain damage likely....who knows what life awaits this poor baby.
    Sooo since you've failed biology. Here to help you because obviously you are clueless about the topic:

    Bleeding during pregnancy is quite normal and can be misinterpreted as period bleeding. Also depending on your body weight you might not see a difference because well, you're already large.
    http://www.pregnancy-info.net/spotti...pregnancy.html

    And to answer what kind of person does this? Either someone who has serious mental issues for a while or someone who has a mental breakdown because they just gave birth to a baby in a toilet at work without knowing they are pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before.

    A bunch of times actually.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •