Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ..at the very least how the hell could she have been so stupid as to think an entire baby was going to fit down the toilet when a good hard stare and a wad of toilet paper clogs it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboard View Post
    ..at the very least how the hell could she have been so stupid as to think an entire baby was going to fit down the toilet when a good hard stare and a wad of toilet paper clogs it.
    I think you underestimates the giant shits the toilets at McD's are supposed to handle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Eh what? Clearly she didn't know she was pregnant (which yes, it's a real thing), gave birth and panicked since she didn't want to have the baby and didn't know about the Safe-haven laws.

Yes, what she ended up doing was morbid and horrible, but it was out of panic and desperation. People here are acting like she's the new Breivik or something.

It's sickening.

Especially since my husband and I are trying to have a baby, and having issues. Considering adoption, more than likely going to happen. There are a lot of couples out there who would have been more than happy to adopt the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Man, a lot of y'all get super angry and irrationally violent over this. Sterilization? Hammers to the head? Execution? Wut?

She is obviously in crisis. She needs empathy and help.
    Exactly. Some of these suggestions scares me way more than what the woman actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yes, what she ended up doing was morbid and horrible, but it was out of panic and desperation. People here are acting like she's the new Breivik or something.
    Moral panic + misogyny.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'd guess that there are some mental health issues involved for certain. Are we supposed to collectively crucify the crazy person?
    I also think there are mental health issues and of course the pitchfork and torch mob here wants blood but they obviously do not understand the never ending torture of real mental illness. This person could also have had an extremely screwed up childhood that combines with physical mental illness to make a nightmare that the justice system will never be able to solve. Believe me when i say that putting her in jail and throwing away the key is an improvement for her mental state but the justice system wants to cycle people through the system, not prevent them from going out and causing more problems. Welcome to the American republic that is over the hill and undermined by the momentum of greed and power of a justice system that has long forgotten how to improve a community.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I stabbed a little old lady last week, but don't worry guys, it was just a cry for help. I'm in crisis over here understand me!
    A new born baby with no memories or experience and no cognitive capabilities versus a fully functional adult with hopes and dreams. In terms of functionality a baby like this is no different from a fetus, and abortions happen. Yeah, you're having a moral panic.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-09-14 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    A new born baby with no memories and no cognitive capabilities versus a fully functional adult. Yeah, you're having a moral panic.
    Wow, I actually agree with Fojos. ^5, mate.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why free abortion on demand is essential.

I feel really bad for her. I hope she gets the help she needs.
    Not that I disagree, but if she didn't realize she was pregnant then she wouldn't have thought to get an abortion. Now, more ready access to long term contraceptives, however...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    It's sickening.

Especially since my husband and I are trying to have a baby, and having issues. Considering adoption, more than likely going to happen. There are a lot of couples out there who would have been more than happy to adopt the kid.
    Sure there are but I think we can be pretty sure that someone who goes to work at McD and has her baby there before trying to flush it might not be totally rational. It doesn't take a whole lot of thinking to call in sick (or go home) when you are having a baby and you want to keep it a secret.

I love that you are trying to morally justify murdering a helpless baby.

And you aren't the only one. I get you people like to argue and shit, but wow. Just wow.
    A baby is essentially still a bag of flesh working on instincts. Do you eat other animals (I do)? There's no reasonable difference between the two. No, I am wrong, the animals we eat are actually more advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    A baby is essentially still a bag of flesh working on instincts. Do you eat other animals (I do)? There's no reasonable difference between the two.
    So do you eat babies as well?

Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    Just to clarify. You are trying to justify her actions of giving birth in the bathroom stall, drowning the baby and trying to flush it down the toilet?
    Are you suggesting what is basically a false dichotomy?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.
    How the fuck is it not an actual person? Is a newborn kitten not an "actual" cat? Is a newborn puppy not an "actual dog?" It's a living, breathing human with almost all of its biological function. If it's not an actual human, please enlighten us as to what it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that you are trying to morally justify murdering a helpless baby.

And you aren't the only one. I get you people like to argue and shit, but wow. Just wow.
    By @Fojos logic, if someone murdered a ward full of newly born babies, it's not as bad as us having baked chicken for dinner. One of the most unbelievable posts I've ever read.

@Celista, being the OffTopic legal expert, what do you make of this?

- - - Updated - - -

The law says otherwise. Human nature says otherwise. Are you living on a different planet?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenswood View Post
    How the fuck is it not an actual person? Is a newborn kitten not an "actual" cat? Is a newborn puppy not an "actual dog?" It's a living, breathing human with almost all of its biological function. If it's not an actual human, please enlighten us as to what it really is.
    I didn't say human. I said person. ...no life experience, no personality, no memories...

I didn't say human. I said person. ...no life experience, no personality, no memories...
    so is that the criteria by which you value life? so with your logic, killing a human in a lifelong, persistent vegetative state shouldn't carry the same consequences as killing an "actual human" right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    @Celista, being the OffTopic legal expert, what do you make of this?
    I have barely used my degree since graduating. That being said, not sure what the question is but yes trying to kill your baby after giving birth by flushing it down the toilet is illegal.

Glad I could help.