Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Who is responsible for lore and story right now in Wow?

Last it was Kosak right? But he moved on to Hearthstone. Who is it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a team of multiple persons. And with Golden hired she may be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Omg please no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Omg please no.
    yes, it happened.

Afrisiabi is the one in charge of the creative direction now that MEtzen has left. And i think it is a mistake to have void elves on the alliance and nightborne on the horde, should be the other way round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg please no.
    May actually be a good thing. She is great at characterization, her weakness is action scenes, which in a video game wouldn't have to be written.

Deleted
    Who is part of that team?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    May the lord have mercy on our soon-to-be departed souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, wasn't she just hired for writing? I mean, she isn't really that bad.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    May actually be a good thing. She is great at characterization, her weakness is action scenes, which in a video game wouldn't have to be written.
    Her dialogue is so wooden and unnatural though. Would like her contributing to big arcs but not the nitty gritty. Her prose is shit too, not that that matters in vidya games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    yes, it happened.

Afrisiabi is the one in charge of the creative direction now that MEtzen has left. And i think it is a mistake to have void elves on the alliance and nightborne on the horde, should be the other way round.
    not really, the nightborne were much, much closer to the blood elves then the night elves, and the night elves have a hatred of the nightborne because they ditched them during the war of the ancients instead of helping. The blood elves wished to help because they knew what happened with the nightborne and wished to help, and well needed to, the night elves chose only to help because they had to, and tyrande wanted the city she once called home to be purged of the betrayers. Also on the vindicaar the blood elves and nightborne seem to get close to one another.

So no, nightborne on alliance would make no sense, on horde it is exactly what it shoudl be
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

A monkey with a typewriter.

Why all the Golden hate? She has the best WoW books out there. She puts way more love and care into her books than Knack ever did.

More on topic, if anyone does put together a list of people we know are working on lore make sure to include the historians. They might not be writing lore but they're a key part in making sure that established lore doesn't get retconned accidentally.

Omg please no.
    Why not? Her novels tend to be good to very good. I mean she has some weak ones (like Knaak) but I enjoyed most of her WC books.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Omg please no.
    Why exactly is that a problem? She writes pretty well. Any problem with the events in her stories isn't really her fault. The story wasn't hers after all.

Or do you really think she wrote what she wanted instead of what Metzen/Kosak wanted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, wasn't she just hired for writing? I mean, she isn't really that bad.
    Not sure, that's why i wrote "she may be".

I don't get the hate for her. Though all books from her i read were translated so i can't judge on the original

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    War Crimes was in and of itself a war crime.

It should never have existed. The fact that the person who wrote it is on the writing team doesn't bode well. Especially with an expansion featuring that bitch Jaina on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    War Crimes was in and of itself a war crime.

It should never have existed. The fact that the person who wrote it is on the writing team doesn't bode well. Especially with an expansion featuring that bitch Jaina on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    Or do you really think she wrote what she wanted instead of what Metzen/Kosak wanted?
    Osiria makes a good point here. Is your beef with her the writing style, or the plot decisions? Because there's a high chance the plot choices were not hers to make, only the characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Osiria makes a good point here. Is your beef with her the writing style, or the plot decisions? Because there's a high chance the plot choices were not hers to make, only the characterization.
    Thats also a problem though. Because this is different than a book and I want someone who is able to come up with good story and not just fill in the blanks, you know? I've never read her books and I don't know about their quality of writing but I do want someone who's able to give some original stories.

Looks like a lot of people are channeling their hatred for Jaina towards this specific writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Thats also a problem though. Because this is different than a book and I want someone who is able to come up with good story and not just fill in the blanks, you know? I've never read her books and I don't know about their quality of writing but I do want someone who's able to give some original stories.
    How do yo know she is incapable of that? Novelists don't become novelists just by writting what other people tell them to write. Gotta give people a chance. We probably won't see any of her stuff until late next expansion or the expansion after given when she officially was added to the creative team.