Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Argus questline for alts

I thought they said in their interview that I don't have to do the questline EVERY FUCKING TIME on every alt. I just want the recipe for the Jewelcrafting crowns.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did they say that?

My memory is hazy as well, but I thought they'd said that you only need to do the Broken Shore questline once, and from that point, all of your alts would be able to progress straight to Argus.

I'd be surprised if they had already implemented a skipping mechanism for the current patch content. It's generally only the previous steps that get the shortcuts.

It's just the crucible that is unlocked on every toon once you unlock it once.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Portals and Crucibal are unlocked.. rest is up to you to do, exactly like Suramar.

And you actually need to unlock the greater invasions on all bosses.. that part is a bit sad, but oh well.

Great for altoholics like me, I need to do it 11 times. The issue here is I am rather going to abandon the game until the next expansion instead of doing the chore that the Argus questline is for my 10 other characters.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Great for altoholics like me, I need to do it 11 times. The issue here is I am rather going to abandon the game until the next expansion instead of doing the chore that the Argus questline is for my 10 other characters.
    They really want us to focus on only 1 character.

and WQ it's also unlocked for all?

They said progress on Argus is account wide, not that the questline is. Netherlight Crucible/Dungeon/Teleports are account wide, World Quests/Treasure Chests aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah it's a pain in the ass.

It's forcing me to focus on one character again because I just can't keep up with alts without burning out.

12 110 characters need to go through that flipping questline.

Not a huge fan either, but don't be so entitled. This is how ts always been. You don't get a free 110 after you level the first time. The whole quest line takes like two hours anyway.
    Really, you shouldn't be worried about that right now. The ap grind is real again. Go get them crucible traits unlocked. If anything, that's what people should be complaining about. Getting 75 traits in alts seems near impossible.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I have 11/12 @ 110 but only keep 3 active. But I realy only manage 2 currently because I don't enjoy spending time on Argus.

After some time on Argus I always feel like "fck it, I play PVP instead", then lose 4 games in a row and call it a day. Sometimes I quit after the first win to not be too depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    and WQ it's also unlocked for all?
    No, to unlock all WQs areas you need to do the complete questline, including the dungeon. It's fantastic, especially because judging from the last three weeks the new areas seem to be quite often the emissary.

Deleted
    Maybe they think if we have time to play 12 characters, we will have time to do an extra 2 hours content questine.

I understand you because i feel so overhelmed with my alts that i deleted 4 of them (110 with 2-3 legendarys and campaigns done)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I thought they said in their interview that I don't have to do the questline EVERY FUCKING TIME on every alt. I just want the recipe for the Jewelcrafting crowns.
    Why would you want the recipe anyway? Checked prices for a few days and costs more to make the crowns than they sell (my realm at least).
    Also, you don't need to do the full questline to get them, though you'll probably need access to the WQ to get more bloods.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop playin 8+ chars if thats too much for you then
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Portals and Crucibal are unlocked.. rest is up to you to do, exactly like Suramar.

And you actually need to unlock the greater invasions on all bosses.. that part is a bit sad, but oh well.
    Heya, sorry, question here- the exactly like suramar bit- I rerolled DH at launch, played through to nighthold release, then IRL forced a break. When i came back I decided to play my DK instead- I had opened all of the portals in Suramar, but did not have them on the DK- was there a certain point in the campaign there I have to reach to unlock them?

(Purely curiosity at this point since I can fly now, but yeah; that)

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    stop playin 8+ chars if thats too much for you then
    yeah, it bothers me when people want to play alts and want certain content (in this case, their free 930 weekly world boss and world quests) but refuse to go through the means of unlocking them.

but i suppose they won't stop until they are just getting gear/ap mailed to them on their alts

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Really, you shouldn't be worried about that right now. The ap grind is real again. Go get them crucible traits unlocked. If anything, that's what people should be complaining about. Getting 75 traits in alts seems near impossible.
    That's not really an issue. We will reach AK 55 mid december, and just playing the app and the daily emissary you should easily reach AP 75 mid february, probably even earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Not a huge fan either, but don't be so entitled. This is how ts always been. You don't get a free 110 after you level the first time. The whole quest line takes like two hours anyway.
    you'll have it for Antorus. Don't underestimate AK's compound interest. You also don't need to have everything right now. they just left the 75 trait thing out so people can't complain that they are hard time-gating something again.

it takes about 3 hours to do the questlline on a char
    do it one char per every other day
    4 weeks and your done ,there at a minimal 1.5 hours a day

btw back in BC (Dont know why i said cata) you had to level chars without heirlooms, and had NO HELP for their reps and on each and every character you had to do the whole atonement process.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-09-14 at 03:47 PM.