Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you suffer from Trypophobia?

Trypophobia - The irrational fear of holes, pods, circles, or cracks.

I have Trypophobia its something that has gotten worse thanks to the internet.

I threw up and had massive anxiety when somebody posted lotus tit on 4 chan years and years ago and its something i cannot stand even to this day.

Iam not sure why a cluster of holes repulses me so much and makes me wanna vomit and come out in hives.

I bring this up cause CNN brought up this article and it sent me into a panic http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/health...ers/index.html

***warning it contains stuff Trypophobiacs will hate

I honestly threw up seeing the article cause of the pics it chose to represent so are you like me?

***PLEASE MODS DONT LET PEOPLE POST IMAGES***
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-14 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright no images. I think the patterns are both gross but fascinating.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-09-14 at 03:27 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I have it a little bit. My reaction is more of a whimsical horror. It used to make me feel odd, like skin crawling, but right before you react to your skin crawling. So I OD'd myself on pictures of it. Although when I first realized complex patterns wierded me out, there was no name for it. It's because of "tree man" and the shot that grew all over him. I was horrified but couldn't look away. It was hard to find stuff back then to get that feeling.
    Now it's so much easier that when I need that feeling again, that dump off adrenalin it gives me, I go seek out the images these people keep making. But nothing works like it used too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes my skin crawl but I don't lose my shit when I see a lotus head or the knees of someone who was kneeling in pebbles or something like that.

The over-the-top artificial pictures, or colossal infestations of ticks on animals...that stuff is spine-chilling.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

0/10 does nothing, spiders however 10/10 even pictures or videos can fuck right off, big ones only those tiny spiders it's like meh looks like an ant.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time I felt weird with something similar was playing Bioshock for the first time and using the insect swarm plasmid. It repulsed me and I had the same feeling of itchiness and anxiety for unexplainable reasons other than seeing that ability.

Over time I got used to it while playing and even enjoyed using it. Pictures especially photoshopped ones do make me feel uneasy but that's about the extent of it.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Isn't it that phobia that almost everyone says they have when they actually don't? Not trying to offend.
    And yeah, sorta am- sorta not I guess. More visually displeasing than actual fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    My wife is deathly afraid of pictures with a bunch of little holes in a human hand
    Some of the ones of holes in faces or hands make me a bit uncomfortable but that's just because it's like... wounds: there are not supposed to be holes like that in you, it's just missing the blood.

Holes themselves don't bother me though, not in the flowers or any of that stuff. I think some of the pictures actually look cool, like the lotus ones.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

But this is so fucking good

<snip>

Seriously, don't do that. No pictures to freak people out. Last warning.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-09-14 at 03:48 AM.

FUCK i knew i shouldnt come back to this thread!!

That picture!!

I knew people would post that shit oh why did i think we could discuss this without people posting images!!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-14 at 03:42 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post

Trypophobia - The irrational fear of holes, pods, circles, or cracks.

I have Trypophobia its something that has gotten worse thanks to the internet.

I threw up and had massive anxiety when somebody posted lotus tit on 4 chan years and years ago and its something i cannot stand even to this day.

Iam not sure why a cluster of holes repulses me so much and makes me wanna vomit and come out in hives.

I bring this up cause CNN brought up this article and it sent me into a panic http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/health...ers/index.html

***warning it contains stuff Trypophobiacs will hate

I honestly threw up seeing the article cause of the pics it chose to represent so are you like me?

***PLEASE MODS DONT LET PEOPLE POST IMAGES***
    No but I've seen some pictures that make me really, really uncomfortable.

What's there to be afraid of? They're just tiny holes. You people would make awful pedophiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Some people can't help but jump at the opportunity to upset others. Pretty sad.
    I know thats why i had 2 minds making this thread but i had hoped people wouldnt post pictures!

I know thats why i had 2 minds making this thread but i had hoped people wouldnt post pictures!
    almost 9.9k posts, yet you seem new to the internet lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to be clear, with a new post here, don't post just to link photos intended to trigger people who might have trypophobia. It's no different than posting spider pics in an arachnophobia thread.

Not afraid but definitely stimulated by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    What's there to be afraid of? They're just tiny holes. You people would make awful pedophiles.
    i spat all over my computer screen i laughed so hard, thanks.

on topic though, ive never heard of that particular phobia, so i guess i learned something today. its never bothered me, and never crossed my mind as something that would bother me
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    almost 9.9k posts, yet you seem new to the internet lol.
    I aint new its just i know how to avoid certain images like i said its a fear i never knew i had till i saw certain images years ago and certain things i saw before the internet and it really, REALLY gets to me so i have learnt to avoid it.

Like i said do you have this phobia?
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-14 at 03:56 AM.

I aint new its just i know how to avoid certain images
    clearly you don't because you made this thread on mmo-c, result being images you hate lol.

if i make a thread going, IM AFRAID OF TREES, guess what images are going to be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just to be clear, with a new post here, don't post just to link photos intended to trigger people who might have trypophobia. It's no different than posting spider pics in an arachnophobia thread.
    Ridiculous and overreacting.

Was not intending to trigger people with Trypophobia especially when they shouldn't be in this thread.

I posted a picture of how the Plant that triggers trypophobia is a very popular chinese dish and doesnt even look as similar when its plated