Deleted

Cool The downward spiral of Martin Shkreli continues

https://apnews.com/fb8d75c32c704f5190996f81c8c69f2b
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/b...l.html?mcubz=1
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/13/news...ond/index.html

Now he has been jailed after his bail was revoked, for apparently urging people to procure a hair (with a follicle, for DNA or some such, who knows) from Hillary Clinton, thus posing a threat to Clinton, and thus violating his bail.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-09-14 at 01:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Good, for the shit he done he should be put to death.
    Lol ok.

This is pretty funny, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is yet another reminder that the answer to the question of "Can people really be this stupid?", is yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I wouldn't wish prison rape on anyone, not even him.

I hope he contemplates his life choices while in prison and comes out a better person.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wouldn't wish prison rape on anyone, not even him.

I hope he contemplates his life choices while in prison and comes out a better person.
    Guy is probably a sociopath, so doubtful.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So he's going to be jailed until January before he gets an official sentence for his crimes?

Tasty. I hope he isn't allowed access to any type of social media either since he seems to value attention above all else. Without being able to troll he'll probably go insane within a week and that could go either way seeing as how he's already a sociopath with a dash of psychopath.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-09-14 at 01:52 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    he seemed to be such a chirpy boy.
    sad.

Much as I dislike Hill-dawg That's way past creepy af and I'm glad they got his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be OK with a few of these CEOs being "made an example of". Might stop some of them from being psychopaths for a generation or so.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    I'd be OK with a few of these CEOs being "made an example of". Might stop some of them from being psychopaths for a generation or so.
    Yup. The guillotine is a great anti capitalist tool.

Everybody needs an ego check once in awhile.

I'm not really sure he has done anything "wrong".

Most people only know him for the HIV drug home. From what I've read, if you couldn't afford insurance his company provided the drug for free. And if you could afford insurance, you never see the real cost. That pricing was to suppliers, not patients.
    I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the guy anymore. It's easy to fall by the way side and go with the media's bountiful negativity on him.

His parents were Albanian immigrants, his father was a door man... Shkreli is the American dream, he's a self-made millionaire, laughed in congress's face, and has beefs with rap artists.

Granted what he is being charged with now is different, but it's not really why he is infamous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I'm not really sure he has done anything "wrong".

Most people only know him for the HIV drug home. From what I've read, if you couldn't afford insurance his company provided the drug for free. And if you could afford insurance, you never see the real cost. That pricing was to suppliers, not patients.
    I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the guy anymore. It's easy to fall by the way side and go with the media's bountiful negativity on him.

His parents were Albanian immigrants, his father was a door man... Shkreli is the American dream, he's a self-made millionaire, laughed in congress's face, and has beefs with rap artists.

Granted what he is being charged with now is different, but it's not really why he is infamous.
    Because insurance companies would never ever EVER pass on that cost to consumers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Because insurance companies would never ever EVER pass on that cost to consumers.
    In this instance it doesn't. And really this is one of very few drugs that this sort of strategy can work for.
    The drug is used by HIV/Aids patients, but not all of them. Extremely small marketplace, it's the only drug that works, and his company are they only patent owners.
    Again, I don't know if he did it on purpose or it was accidental. But it very readily holds a mirror up to the biggest issue faced by our health Care system, while not damaging anything. Instead of anyone taking a look at what happened, everyone spends all their demonizing Shkreli.

It's as if someone poisoned all the water in NYC. And we catch the guy and all we do is bring him to justice and that's all everyone talks about is this guy. And no one sits back and asks why it was so easy to poison the population of NYC.

Not saying any of that is Shkreli's intent, but we haven't learned any lessons yet, and it's already happened again with the asthma inhalers.

It's as if someone poisoned all the water in NYC. And we catch the guy and all we do is bring him to justice and that's all everyone talks about is this guy. And no one sits back and asks why it was so easy to poison the population of NYC.
    Or when a plane made an emergency landing on the white house lawn... and it was hardly news, except I was left wondering how the heck it was so easy for a plane to fly so close to the White House...

and then a few weeks later planes started flying into the Pentagon... and the Twin Towers....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yup. The guillotine is a great anti capitalist tool.
    He should really change his ways before this whole thing comes to a head.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

In this instance it doesn't. And really this is one of very few drugs that this sort of strategy can work for.
    The drug is used by HIV/Aids patients, but not all of them. Extremely small marketplace, it's the only drug that works, and his company are they only patent owners.
    Again, I don't know if he did it on purpose or it was accidental. But it very readily holds a mirror up to the biggest issue faced by our health Care system, while not damaging anything. Instead of anyone taking a look at what happened, everyone spends all their demonizing Shkreli.

Not saying any of that is Shkreli's intent, but we haven't learned any lessons yet, and it's already happened again with the asthma inhalers.
    All costs from drugs that insurance companies pay are passed on to the purchasers of that insurance. To argue differently is basically ignoring what insurance companies are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

It's honestly incredible how loose this guy's screws are. Twitter is just making that public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah how dare he fuck with corporations. QUICK GUYS, PUT HIM TO DEATH BECAUSE SOME RICH DUDES LOST SOME MONEY!

god you people are pathetic.

Also, seems like a pretty petty thing to throw him in Prison for. Though it doesn't surprise me people are still trying to make him out to be this big evil guy, pretty surprising how rabid sheep can get when the Media reports on half truths.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-09-14 at 08:02 AM.