Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Go for it. Make sure you're recording the discord
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That's the whole premise behind the attack is because its not to be expected. Do you think that the Starks expected to get killed at the Red Wedding they were invited to? Hell no. That's what its all about is attacking your enemy when they least expect it.
    But the problem is that you can't attack them in SW, unless they voluntarily flag themselves for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The original poster has stated that it would be far more then simple attacking the memorial.
    And he may put himself in jeopardy if he follows through, but simply obliterating a memorial Serenity Now style will result in zero punishment. Settled already.

That's the whole premise behind the attack is because its not to be expected. Do you think that the Starks expected to get killed at the Red Wedding they were invited to? Hell no. That's what its all about is attacking your enemy when they least expect it.
    Except you openly discussed your hilarious scheme on the very realm forum thread devoted to the topic, so I'm not sure what's 'not to be expected' about it.
    Although congrats on the attention!

I'm not trying to disrupt their memorial service.
    So that leads me to my question. Is it wrong to put a raid group together and raid SW around the time that they want to have this little shindig? I mean like killing the King and then moving over to where they said they plan on ending the event at and killing any/all Alliance along the way that are flagged.
    Yes, you are trying to disrupt it. Doesn't matter that you cannot attack them, your just being there is a disruption at that point. You purposely chose the location and time to interfere with the memorial service, as well.

Quit lying to yourself. You're trying to hurt people for your own amusement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Which means that the horde raid can't do anything to them.
    There's more ways to disrupt something than just directly attacking people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's more ways to disrupt something than just directly attacking people.
    Sure, but they are nowhere near as effective, not to mention that holding the memorial in SW means it will be disrupted by random alliance players the whole time. A raiding party will hardly make a difference.

It's a moral gray area, so that parts up to you. Game wise? It's not against ToS and it won't get you banned /shrug, just have to make your own decision I guess.

Edit: and blizzard's stance would probably "you knew what you were getting into rolling on a pvp server" seeing as they fully support griefing.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-09-16 at 02:44 AM.

CRASH THAT SHIT. DO IT. IT'S THE ONLY REASONABLE THING TO DO.

Caps for enthusiasm.

Deleted
    I can only hope people in this thread are trying to be as aloof and edgy as they can because they're teenagers.
    If not uh, wow. You're kind of sociopaths.

Either way, it's not impressive. You're just kinda creepy and disturbingly out of touch with... Basic humanity.

inb4 "but its a game :^^) haha for le horde" at least own up to being a cunt you cowards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    If you don't want your memorial to turn into a PvP-fest, stay out of contested areas. It's as simple as that. Hold your memorial in SW, IF, or any of the starting areas and you are safe.
    It is been held in SW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    But that's the wonderful thing about games. I am not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior.
    So you're really a sociopath? Congratulations on proving the point why PvPers have the stereotype of antisocial immature tools. You just basically admitted you enjoy being a dick

- - - Updated - - -

Its a game! Don't like it... don't hold the memorial there. Normal social rules don't apply when we are talking about a medium that REWARDS you for killing people who don't look like you. REALITY CHECK!
    If normal social rules didn't apply then Blizzard wouldn't ban people for extreme antisocial behaviour

- - - Updated - - -

These cereal box psychologists are just popping out of the woodwork.
    You don't need to be a psychologist to see blatant messed up behaviour

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Do it. For the Horde!

Deleted
    This thread is a perfect example for

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oming-a-A-Hole

But that's the wonderful thing about games. I am not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior.
    That's only true for single player games. Multiplayer games are no different from any other social context.

Deleted
    At least get some Alliance toon to go warn them, first. It's neither funny nor admirable to raid characters that are unprepared and ungeared. Your only reason for doing this is to be a dick and that's pretty pathetic, honestly. Make it a fair fight or don't do it at all.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's wrong. But yes you should absolutely do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I think you upset him, @A dot Ham.

He called you names and you're a bad guy now. Oh no, what will we ever do if adam82shadow doesn't of approve of us?! OH NO. I guess my life will just go on as it always has. Man, to think his opinion of us means absolutely fuck all.

Fuckin' snowflakes man... Someone infract this kid for being too sensitive.
    You sound triggered...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    You're not violating any rules, so it's allowed. You can't ban people for simply playing the game. Is it a dick move? Sure. But it's not breaking any rule.
    He asked if it's wrong not if it's bannable.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Yep.

Do you think it is wrong for the hate group Westboro Baptist Church to protest at someone's funeral? Of course it is...anyone with any sense of decency knows this. What you propose is no different.
    Of course it's different. This is a video game where pvp is a large part of the game. If he wants to raid stormwind he can. He has no moral obligations to some random dudes holding a funeral.

If they really wanted to hold the funeral without disturbance they can do it in a sanctioned area like dalaran or something. If they don't then they're open to whatever happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    If they really wanted to hold the funeral without disturbance they can do it in a sanctioned area like dalaran or something. If they don't then they're open to whatever happens.
    Exactly, if he's gonna do it it's perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Couldn't be further from triggered by your witless commentary, fool.
    You keep telling yourself that