Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
  1. #301

  2. #302
    I can only hope people in this thread are trying to be as aloof and edgy as they can because they're teenagers.
    If not uh, wow. You're kind of sociopaths.

    Either way, it's not impressive. You're just kinda creepy and disturbingly out of touch with... Basic humanity.

    inb4 "but its a game :^^) haha for le horde" at least own up to being a cunt you cowards.

  3. #303
    Merely a Setback adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    28,530
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    If you don't want your memorial to turn into a PvP-fest, stay out of contested areas. It's as simple as that. Hold your memorial in SW, IF, or any of the starting areas and you are safe.
    It is been held in SW

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    But that's the wonderful thing about games. I am not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior.
    So you're really a sociopath? Congratulations on proving the point why PvPers have the stereotype of antisocial immature tools. You just basically admitted you enjoy being a dick

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Its a game! Don't like it... don't hold the memorial there. Normal social rules don't apply when we are talking about a medium that REWARDS you for killing people who don't look like you. REALITY CHECK!
    If normal social rules didn't apply then Blizzard wouldn't ban people for extreme antisocial behaviour

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    These cereal box psychologists are just popping out of the woodwork.
    You don't need to be a psychologist to see blatant messed up behaviour

  4. #304
    Titan Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Silvermoon City, last bastion of the North-Eastern Horde
    Posts
    11,381
    Do it. For the Horde!

  5. #305
    Merely a Setback adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    28,530
    This thread is a perfect example for

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oming-a-A-Hole

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    But that's the wonderful thing about games. I am not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior.
    That's only true for single player games. Multiplayer games are no different from any other social context.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It is been held in SW

    - - - Updated - - -



    So you're really a sociopath? Congratulations on proving the point why PvPers have the stereotype of antisocial immature tools. You just basically admitted you enjoy being a dick

    - - - Updated - - -



    If normal social rules didn't apply then Blizzard wouldn't ban people for extreme antisocial behaviour

    - - - Updated - - -



    You don't need to be a psychologist to see blatant messed up behaviour
    I think you upset him, @A dot Ham.

    He called you names and you're a bad guy now. Oh no, what will we ever do if adam82shadow doesn't of approve of us?! OH NO. I guess my life will just go on as it always has. Man, to think his opinion of us means absolutely fuck all.

    Fuckin' snowflakes man... Someone infract this kid for being too sensitive.

  8. #308
    At least get some Alliance toon to go warn them, first. It's neither funny nor admirable to raid characters that are unprepared and ungeared. Your only reason for doing this is to be a dick and that's pretty pathetic, honestly. Make it a fair fight or don't do it at all.

  9. #309
    It's wrong. But yes you should absolutely do it.
    For the Horde!

  10. #310
    Merely a Setback adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    28,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I think you upset him, @A dot Ham.

    He called you names and you're a bad guy now. Oh no, what will we ever do if adam82shadow doesn't of approve of us?! OH NO. I guess my life will just go on as it always has. Man, to think his opinion of us means absolutely fuck all.

    Fuckin' snowflakes man... Someone infract this kid for being too sensitive.
    You sound triggered...

  11. #311
    The Lightbringer Erinhia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    You're not violating any rules, so it's allowed. You can't ban people for simply playing the game. Is it a dick move? Sure. But it's not breaking any rule.
    He asked if it's wrong not if it's bannable.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Yep.

    Do you think it is wrong for the hate group Westboro Baptist Church to protest at someone's funeral? Of course it is...anyone with any sense of decency knows this. What you propose is no different.
    Of course it's different. This is a video game where pvp is a large part of the game. If he wants to raid stormwind he can. He has no moral obligations to some random dudes holding a funeral.

    If they really wanted to hold the funeral without disturbance they can do it in a sanctioned area like dalaran or something. If they don't then they're open to whatever happens.

  13. #313
    Stood in the Fire Metallourlante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    If they really wanted to hold the funeral without disturbance they can do it in a sanctioned area like dalaran or something. If they don't then they're open to whatever happens.
    Exactly, if he's gonna do it it's perfectly fine.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You sound triggered...
    Couldn't be further from triggered by your witless commentary, fool.

  15. #315
    Merely a Setback adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    28,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Couldn't be further from triggered by your witless commentary, fool.
    You keep telling yourself that

  16. #316
    Scarab Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Of course it's different. This is a video game where pvp is a large part of the game. If he wants to raid stormwind he can. He has no moral obligations to some random dudes holding a funeral.

    If they really wanted to hold the funeral without disturbance they can do it in a sanctioned area like dalaran or something. If they don't then they're open to whatever happens.
    It's not like they would be majorly disturbed in Alliance zone anyways. Can't attack players in their home cities.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You keep telling yourself that
    Don't have to tell myself anything, unlike you. You're like a flea, nothing more than a nuisance or at best someone to laugh at.

  18. #318
    Banned A dot Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    America, you great unfinished symphony.
    Posts
    6,164
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's only true for single player games. Multiplayer games are no different from any other social context.
    No its true for any game that isn't a simulation of real life.

    Take any FPS:
    In a civilized society is never okay to murder someone for fun. So there are certain societal rules/laws/norms that get ignored in the context of a "game". Killing each other being the most glaringly obvious.

    The second is the level of shit talking that is accepted, expected, and encouraged.

    So at this point both you the player, and the developer are picking and choosing what societal norms carry over into gameplay and player interaction.

    Today its not okay, tomorrow we'll see.

    If you and your Halo buddies have a mutual friend who dies in jeep/offroading accident, and you decide the best way to honor him is by launch a warthog sky high, but the opposing players just want to kill you (as is part of the game) that doesn't make them assholes. Whether they had previous knowledge of your intent or not. Whether after realizing what you are trying to do they continue or not.

    The REAL assholes are the ones who think they get put the game on pause, get special treatment, and/or establish new "rules" while they grieve the loss of their friend. Like I said before flowers are cheap, a card is even cheaper... if you REALLY care... send the REAL people in his/her life some encouragement. THEY are grieving... you (these folks throwing the "memorial") are playing house, pretending.

  19. #319
    Merely a Setback adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    28,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Don't have to tell myself anything, unlike you. You're like a flea, nothing more than a nuisance or at best someone to laugh at.
    You require venting?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    No its true for any game that isn't a simulation of real life.

    Take any FPS:
    In a civilized society is never okay to murder someone for fun. So there are certain societal rules/laws/norms that get ignored in the context of a "game". Killing each other being the most glaringly obvious.

    The second is the level of shit talking that is accepted, expected, and encouraged.

    So at this point both you the player, and the developer are picking and choosing what societal norms carry over into gameplay and player interaction.

    Today its not okay, tomorrow we'll see.

    If you and your Halo buddies have a mutual friend who dies in jeep/offroading accident, and you decide the best way to honor him is by launch a warthog sky high, but the opposing players just want to kill you (as is part of the game) that doesn't make them assholes. Whether they had previous knowledge of your intent or not. Whether after realizing what you are trying to do they continue or not.

    The REAL assholes are the ones who think they get put the game on pause, get special treatment, and/or establish new "rules" while they grieve the loss of their friend. Like I said before flowers are cheap, a card is even cheaper... if you REALLY care... send the REAL people in his/her life some encouragement. THEY are grieving... you (these folks throwing the "memorial") are playing house, pretending.
    Common human decency isn't a myth as much as some gamers wish to believe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •