[Balance] LF help with DPS, logs included

Hello everyone!

I mainly play as a tank, but I would also like to keep my OS relevant. I've gathered up some gear and legendaries, learned the rotation, but the result was kind of awful.

Armory link.
    The latest logs.

Please, note, that I played as DPS only on 3 last bosses in Normal: Maiden, Avatar and KJ. Logs from other fights are irrelevant, since I tanked them.

I tried to analyze logs myself and used auto-analyzers, but didn't find any major mistakes (apart from not using a few Empowerment buffs). But fixing them shouldn't increase my DPS by 100k-200k. I don't have the best legendaries and trinkets, but still I believe my gear should be capable of doing better damage. On the other hand I have a hunter alt, which is 20 ilvls lower, but he's already doing better.

Thus I'm asking for help from experienced players :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like you're using the Emerald Dreamcatcher legendary. This helm complicates your gameplay quite a bit, so you'll need to master it to maximize your damage output (or pray you get the IFE ring). In-between Starsurges you'll want to try your best to fit in as many empowered casts as you can. Your haste is high enough to capitalize on this legendary so you'll want to work on using the right abilities in-between those SS casts. If you haven't seen it already, here's some excellent information on using this legendary: clicky

Hello Aiko, thanks for suggestion! I've read all info about ED I could find. Have you noticed any major mistakes in my logs?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I don't have much experience with ED since I got it late (after OI/IFE) so I'm struggling to spot out anything glaringly wrong. However on Fallen Avatar normal I was able to spot a few occurrences of casting SS early; for example, I see a few points where your cast sequence is SS, SW, SS instead of something like SS, LS, SW, SS. You could also push some dps by using a better opener (you generally will open by casting SW/NM at max range before pull, before applying dots and popping Incarn). There was an instance where you accidentally cast Sunfire twice as well.

All small things, but it is of course possible for small things to add up. So if anything I would say you might be playing ED a bit safe. Try to fit as much as you can in between SS casts, while doing your best to minimize your unempowered casts.

I have a question for the opening rotation. When the countdown timer is at 2 or 1, cast solar wrath with the prepot, followed by sunfire and moonfire, new moon, half moon, incarnation and full moon? Or does it work if you pop incarnation after solar wrath followed by sunfire and moonfire, new moon, half moon, and full moon?

prepot>solar wrath>new moon>sunfire>moonfire>incarn>half moon>full moon

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    prepot>solar wrath>new moon>sunfire>moonfire>incarn>half moon>full moon
    Depending on starting distance you can solar wrathx2 at start, with new moon hitting right at pull. Also if because of trash your moon cycle is off (such as you are starting with full moon). Then usually I just dot after the wrath's on initial pull, then incarn -> moons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Depending on starting distance you can solar wrathx2 at start, with new moon hitting right at pull. Also if because of trash your moon cycle is off (such as you are starting with full moon).
    Yup, this is absolutely possible just be careful. My raid leader doesn't let me do that anymore because of all the times I pulled a little early