Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If you are a casual player, no.

Argus is by far the worst zone they have ever made. I am always the guy that defends current content btw and can't stand when people put their rose tinted "BC was amazing" specs on, but not this time. The monotonous terrain combined with no flying makes is hard to navigate and you keep asking yourself why you bother...and log off. This is the reason I have played a total of maybe 4 or 5 hours since Argus came. I usually play 2-4 hours a day and has done so since 2005..up til now.

I don't really raid or pvp much anymore so unable to comment on that for this patch..or xpack even.

7+ Year Old Account
    I make almost 10k per day, I don't shop in the AH, and farm my own stuff. Game is just fine. Not sure what most of these people are talking about.

Deleted
    All the true fans still play and enjoy. The moaners also still play, yet maintain post quota on MMO-C to complain about how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    If you haven't played for 2+ years, it means you haven't touched the Legion content at all.
    On top of that, the catchups mechanics are really strong, and you will have very little problem with jumping straight into current content even if you haven't played Legion at all.
    PvP still faces same problems as ever. Normal BGs are clown fiestas and nobody cares about them. Also: Rangeds get completely demolished by melee. Demon Hunters as flag carriers are literally unstoppable. Certain classes/specs dominate in arena and others are completely useless etc.
    P.S. Yes, the inflation is severe, but gold making is also easier than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    PvP has had no content to speak of, sure we got a snowy version of Arathi Basin (Which can be fooled If you use the Black potion from Darkmoon anyway), Eye of the storm that has weird gravity whatever, 1 cap Warsong Gulch, that's not new PvP content that's the same content but changed up a bit. It's obvious to me as a 12 year long veteran of the game they had no Intention of giving PvPing anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Economy has kept on scaling at the same rate it's done during the previous expansion. Whether you like that or not is up to you, but having millions of gold now is not anything uncommon. I've personally made well over a million in profit during Legion after having spent lots on potions, flasks, darkmoon trinkets etc. It's a bit ridiculous but it's also very easy to make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    I agree. If you haven't played for a long time then you have a couple of months worth of content to enjoy at your own pace.

However, you should also take into account the following:

1) Class design has never been worse. And never means never. As a result, PvP is in the worst state it's ever been. Boring, unrewarding, frustrating... you name it.
    2) Gearing is too RNG dependant, and they even seem to have nerfed the legendary drop rate in 7.3.
    3) Argus is quite ugly. The only redeeming zone in terms of visuals (Mac'Aree) lacks polish and somehow feels unfinished.
    4) The main objective of the current dev team seems to be maximizing the time spent online by players (however tedious it may be) rather than providing us with fun, engaging content.
    5) WoW has never been a sandbox game, but the extent to which it now follows the "theme park" design model would have been unthinkable only a few years ago.

So OP, why don't you try it out and tell us what you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    PvP feeeeeels more balanced- just cuz they normalized all the stats and such. I dont think it feels the same as it used to (where you could burst and destroy someone) and thats something that really defined the experience for me so you'll have to check it out yaself...

AH market is definitely 'inflammed'. In cata, for example, i bought dragon soul level BoEs for 25k-35k... A mythic level item now goes for like 350k+. woosh.

Always a good time to come back when a new major patch drops/a new raid comes out. So come back now, get yo character geared to 910ilvl-930ilvl, check out tomb before its redundant- then come back in novemeber for the new raid. If thats yo thang, of course.
    (Many more quotes would be necessary but I don't want to make this post as high as Mt. Hyjal)

Just replying to all

I don't have Legion of course but my guess is that I can't touch any Legion related content at all, not even a single quest if I don't buy the exp and pay at least for 2 monthly fee. So far I can just read about it online and watch youtube but we all know it's different, especially with all this RNG and time gating talk as everyone feels it in different ways.
    (Personally I faced RNG from my very first day in WoW, those Gnarlpine Ursas in Teldrassil had to drop an item but they weren't, after two days and lots of kills I had to make a ticket - gm said keep trying - few more kills and it dropped (...) . So it's not that I dislike it, I just hate it since then which is more or less 11y.)

-But what exactly do you mean guys when you say that now even items are too much RNG related? Do they all have random stats of sorts or what?

-From all your insights I get that PvP is completely screwed up, unbalanced mostly and a clothie better run when meets a melee but in one of your comments I read that pvp players stats are now, normalized? Do they scale up and down the players ilvl enchants and so on regardless of their pvp/pve armor ilvl ? I was hoping to get in and at least have some fun with my tons at 100 and make of them sort of twinks although I'm not sure in which lvl bracket they'd fall, then slowly decide about progressing into Legion.

-Many of your kind replies are PvE related but it's not clear if you can "live" without raids completely, same as for the legendaries (I don't know if it's one or multiple items or a sort of upgrade of choice), do these two components affect a class specialization together with the artifact power? In the past we have had class quests and you wouldn't get certain abilities if not by completing the quests. Is this mechanism back?

Overall:
    -How's the game slowing you down? I mean, is it in like everything? Professions lvls, gathering, personal xp, quests per day etc?

-Garrison mission system is still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    (Many more quotes would be necessary but I don't want to make this post as high as Mt. Hyjal)

Just replying to all

Overall:
    -How's the game slowing you down? I mean, is it in like everything? Professions lvls, gathering, personal xp, quests per day etc?

Why items are related to RNG? You already got general explanation, so I guess you want details. The system was explained by Watcher in his post from before Legion. You can read it here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=253854/t...stem-in-legion

But that's only part of the problem, because the recent patch added Netherlight Crucible. And it... well: http://www.wowhead.com/netherlight-c...crucible-works . As for artifact power... actually yes, its kind of like class quests of old, some abilities are gated behind specific artifact level, which needs to be grinded. Although, to be fair, these abilities work rather as "bonus" to your spec and not having them doesnt influence your playstyle, other than dps or survivability.

And on top of that add legendaries. Legendaries affect the way some key abilities of your spec work, and sometimes the difference of dps between otherwise equally geared ppl, with exception of one having a specific legendary, can be as high as 20%. Legendaries are of course very rare, and there is no way of looting this specific one thats best for you - its completely random.

You got generally good idea of how PvP in Legion works. That's what normalized means.

As for garrison mission system - yes and no. Its similar to WoD but compressed times 20. Shortest missions are 6h instead of 30 minutes, you have 6 followers instead of 25, you get to choose between 6-7 missions with significant rewards instead of between 50 with shitty rewards etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

For PvE it's pretty decent right now (imo at least).

For PvP lol???

Let's just say that I quit, since I refused to be part of the absurd joke that is the current class balance, or total LACK of class balance that is.

Free kills on this level isn't even close to epic and thrilling.

It is absurd and idiotic, and not absurd in a good way mind you.....
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

From all your insights I get that PvP is completely screwed up, unbalanced mostly and a clothie better run when meets a melee but in one of your comments I read that pvp players stats are now, normalized? Do they scale up and down the players ilvl enchants and so on regardless of their pvp/pve armor ilvl ? I was hoping to get in and at least have some fun with my tons at 100 and make of them sort of twinks although I'm not sure in which lvl bracket they'd fall, then slowly decide about progressing into Legion.
    I haven't done a lot of PvP myself but basically each character that enters organized PvP (arena, bg) is fitted with a stat template. In that template, all of your stats are predetermined (mainstat, stamina, haste, crit, mastery, vers etc), all stats present on your gear irrelevant and all legendaries/setbonuses/trinkets disabled. Furthermore, your template scales lightly with your item level, so equipping a higher item level item regardless of stats (since they are already pre-determined) is going to be an upgrade in instanced PvP. A character with item level 800 has slightly less of everything than a character with item level 900, but not to the point that it's completely gamebreaking.

However, in world PvP everything's carnage. Classes with high burst can basically kill someone in a global, and casters are in general at a huge disadvantage.

My opinion - no, not at all.

But it's upto you - your choice.

5+ Year Old Account

Just replying to all

I don't have Legion of course but my guess is that I can't touch any Legion related content at all, not even a single quest if I don't buy the exp and pay at least for 2 monthly fee. So far I can just read about it online and watch youtube but we all know it's different, especially with all this RNG and time gating talk as everyone feels it in different ways.
    (Personally I faced RNG from my very first day in WoW, those Gnarlpine Ursas in Teldrassil had to drop an item but they weren't, after two days and lots of kills I had to make a ticket - gm said keep trying - few more kills and it dropped (...) . So it's not that I dislike it, I just hate it since then which is more or less 11y.)

-But what exactly do you mean guys when you say that now even items are too much RNG related? Do they all have random stats of sorts or what?

-From all your insights I get that PvP is completely screwed up, unbalanced mostly and a clothie better run when meets a melee but in one of your comments I read that pvp players stats are now, normalized? Do they scale up and down the players ilvl enchants and so on regardless of their pvp/pve armor ilvl ? I was hoping to get in and at least have some fun with my tons at 100 and make of them sort of twinks although I'm not sure in which lvl bracket they'd fall, then slowly decide about progressing into Legion.

-Many of your kind replies are PvE related but it's not clear if you can "live" without raids completely, same as for the legendaries (I don't know if it's one or multiple items or a sort of upgrade of choice), do these two components affect a class specialization together with the artifact power? In the past we have had class quests and you wouldn't get certain abilities if not by completing the quests. Is this mechanism back?

Overall:

In reguards to the 'normalized' PvP stats, its just a basic template for your character (im not sure of that mathematics behind it) when you zone into a BG/Arena. iLvl still matters but, i think it was something like, past ilvl 900 you get a small increase to your power. Trinkets dont have their procs enabled. Concordance (a buff you get when you max your artefact wep) does proc so thats nice. So its not like ilvl 840s are gonna get 1 shot. They still get a little shredded, but its not like, a green/blue geared caster going up against a full purp gladiator in wrath and getting absolutely smoked. You can tear assholes in World PvP tho- good lord is that ridiculously fun for geared ppl LOL.

101 twinking is actually a thing. ie- lvl 100 purps are like ilvl 740ish... but you can buy 101 boe gear purps that are 830-860 ilvl !! (you'll need some gold tho, lol). I havent done it myself but i briefly spoke to a boomy doing it and they said its a tonne of fun in bgs/queing dungeons for shits and giggles. Some ppl use twinking to farm shit more easily in the broken isles too, so, whatever floats your boat.

Game feels 'too' RNG just because now theres technically a lot more versions of the same types of gear. For example, titanforging/warforging means its not just lfr-normal-heroic-mythic. You can do lfr and possibly be lucky enough to get 930 titanforged or something ridiculous, so some ppl who want to min/max everything feel like they have to run all versions JUST in case. Legendaries on the other hand are like the HOLY GRAIL of RNG. Hate em, personally. When you get to 110, just dont even think about them and play the game. Dungeons, world quests, lfr, BGs, and your first 2 will fall into your lap. After you get that little boost of ilvl, you can start cursing blizz about how theyre not the BIS for your spec.. (i found it particularly annoying when i went boomy... the shoulders, for example, give a considerable boost for your aoe damage. It made me feel a little salty and useless cause i can't control whether i get them or not. As a healer it doesnt matter as much but i still dont have that Velens trinket.. 15% increase to healing is a no brainer and i will forever condemn this system for it :P). Please, god, no legendaries next expansion.

Overall: Not sure what you mean by slowing down... Grinding the same raids/world quests after every patch does eventually get boring but it always does so, just gonna appreciate the content whilst its new. And the garrison mission system is like a nicer, ghostly version of its self. It doesnt make me have PTSD back to WoD everytime i see it, which should show a lot about how that system has been mellowed out. Ya go back to your mission table maybe once every day, but it only gives u tiny bonuses (a bit of AP, like 600-900g, maybe a random quest for something random...)

10+ Year Old Account
    YES AND [Veiled Argunite] MAKES IT EASY TO GEAR UP

do battlegrounds first to get to 880-890

then from there you do argus quests to get 910-925
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

I turned my game time to be the casual of casuals, i must say i enjoy it coz im focused only on my main doing stuff i like. Even if my friends do raids and M+ dungeons im in comms with them and nothing more. I do only lfr and only the last boss of the raid. As many said depends what you are after to do. If you want to see the story then go for it.No need to grind nothing about AP. Game will give you all the AP you want for start. BUT if you need to do proff also, then be prepared to do other kind of grinding.