Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Worth to play WoW again?

It's 2+ years I don't play WoW and I wasn't even be able to play regularly to/or afford stuffs, my realm's economy was fu**ed up despite it was dead.
    How's the game treating you guys?
    Is PvP (bg) still regularly unbalanced?
    Have things in the AH gone that expensive as the token is over 250k?
    Last edited by Teslac0il; 2017-09-14 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Title typo

Don't bother, it's horrible now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely! There is so much to do now and story to bet told. If you're a fan you must love it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Either you are in the world first race where you try to kill the end raid boss on mythic within 2 weeks of the raid's release, or you are a casual. There's no middle ground. If you want to achieve anything else besides world firsts, the optimum strategy is to wait until it gets nerfed into the ground.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The whole world/questing system is still a huge mess and it feels as each expansion is a seperate game without being attached with the rest. The engine is horribly outdated and it runs worse than newer mmos due to bad optimization while having average graphics. PVP has always been unbalanced because they are still using the outdated faction system instead of shuffling random players of both factions in the bgs which is the only way of balancing it. Also the only non-ugly playable model is still just blood elves. So overall its still worth playing although the sub fee is starting to become very questionable as time moves on.
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-09-14 at 05:00 PM.

If you are into the story of the game, subbing for a couple of month is definetely worth it.

If you will like the game itself depends mostly on you. The game got alot better at doing what it does, but in the end you have to enjoy the whole killing things for magic points to kill other stuff for more magic points and so on. And lots of people who quit were probably just sick of that.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    I'd say yes - I only played during the summer (apart from launch) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

That being said, there is a lot of grind. I don't mind it, but many do.

Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    It's 2+ years I don't play WoW and I wasn't even be able to play regularly to/or afford stuffs, my realm's economy was fu**ed up despite it was dead.
    I would wait until new exp details are announced then decide to come back or not. Because right now, unless you love constantly recycled world quests and ENDLESS AP grind, there are much much better games to be playing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    The whole world/questing system is still a huge mess and it feels as each expansion is a seperate game without being attached with the rest. The engine is horribly outdated and it runs worse than newer mmos due to bad optimization while at the same time having worse graphics.
    No - WoW always had a cartoony style. If it were to be made on UE4 it would suck. All newer games based on it feel horrible to the eye and the combat is a mess. WoW reigns king in terms of smoothness and gameplay by a long shot.

As for the quests, they have become much better since WoD - but it depends on many factors here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    PVP has always been unbalanced because they are still using the outdated faction system instead of shuffling random players of both factions in the bgs which is the only way of balancing it. Also the only non-ugly playable model is still just blood elves. So overall its still worth playing although the sub fee is starting to become very questionable as time moves on.
    Hmm, merging the factions would be devastating in terms of role and current gameplay. The whole story is based around it. Besides, you get to play with both factions in RBGs (the BGs that matter) so that you can go as Alliance v Alliance. Same in arena as far as I remember. So minor one.

The PvP issues lie in class balance, not faction balance per se (again BGs are really not important enough to make any divergence a big issue).

Definitely! Just came back - had a hiatus since the start of Legion - and man I'm amazed... So much to do in the game right now. I'm happy to see the story line got more serious and epic than ever! I haven't even unlocked the Broken Shore and I've yet to see Argus yet, but it's just me - I don't want immersion to be ruined by jumping forward in the story line. So i'm still doing the base campaign of Legion with my pally. Also, class campaigns are a fantastic thing for those interested in storylines and lore.

I've been playing since vanilla with some minor breaks and I think this is the best expansion so far.

For somebody that's never played legion yet I'd say most assuredly yes. There is a ton of stuff to do. Can't speak for PVP (not interested in it) nor AH (differs from realm to realm).

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Either you are in the world first race where you try to kill the end raid boss on mythic within 2 weeks of the raid's release, or you are a casual. There's no middle ground. If you want to achieve anything else besides world firsts, the optimum strategy is to wait until it gets nerfed into the ground.
    Are you implying that fewer and fewer people bother to chase the endgame (mythic) in time before any next tier ? Or is that close to almost nobody?
    To say there's no middle ground seems really a lot, I remember that somewhere there still were solid guilds who were happy to achieve those goals even with more relaxed times but still before the next tier, have they all gone mostly extinct ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    No, not really.
    You are so far behind at this point that catching up is next to impossible unless you are really lucky and play 24/7.

Also, Legion is not really a good expansion. Just time gates, RNG and frustrating design choices all over the place.

AH is like it has always been and PvP, I'm pretty sure they almost gave up on.

The catch up mechanics are easier than ever now......

Have to agree that they've taken RNG to a whole new level this expac.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My advice rather than listening to the replies in this thread since the bulk of them have their own agendas, decide for yourself if you want to play WoW or not as it is entirely up to you..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-09-14 at 10:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, not really.
    You are so far behind at this point that catching up is next to impossible unless you are really lucky and play 24/7.
    With what exactly?
    Did you even play the game lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrwler View Post
    The catch up mechanics are easier than ever now......

Have to agree that they've taken RNG to a whole new level this expac.
    I suppose you mean it's worse than before, right ?

15+ Year Old Account
    The best Xpac for me, tbh, vanilla player

I dont understand why people cry cuz of RNG or grinding... Like it wasnt like this for ages, lol.
    Yeah, timegateing is really sad "feature", but it doesnt make the game bad for me.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    With what exactly?
    Did you even play the game lately?
    Legendaries, among other things.
    And yes, I play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, not really.
    You can easily get 60 traits and ~910-920 in a week just playing a couple hours a day.
    That should mean you're capable of doing heroic