Page 1 of 3
LastLast

North Korea threatens to nuke Japan

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ashes-darkness

"North Korea has threatened to sink Japan and said the US should be “beaten to death like a rabid dog” after the two countries spearheaded fresh UN security council sanctions in response to the regime’s recent nuclear test.

The Korea Asia-Pacific peace committee, which oversees North Korea’s relations with the outside world, described the UN security council, which passed a new round of sanctions on Monday, as a “tool of evil” in the pay of Washington, and called for it to be broken up.

'Quite backwards': Chinese tourists gawk at impoverished North Koreans

It is the first time that Pyongyang has issued an explicit threat to Japan since it fired a medium-range ballistic missile over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido at the end of last month, triggering emergency sirens and mass text alerts."

I'm just wondering apart from thoughts, if they do launch a nuke, does Japan have any means to intercept it? Also is there a significant US population inside Japan btw

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    At this point I wish they would just get on without or bugger off so we don't need to keep hearing about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    At this point I wish they would just get on without or bugger off so we don't need to keep hearing about it.
    Nah, Japan doesn't need to be nuked three times over.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Poor Japan.

Nuked twice, fukushima.. The nuclear wasteland of the Earth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Nah, Japan doesn't need to be nuked three times over.
    I'm sure Japan is willing to take one for the team so we can get this out of the way.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh japan a country so lovely they nuked it thrice

Shouldn't that be: "North Korea threatens to nuke Japan for the fifth time"?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Doubt anyone would shed a tear should North Korea suddenly disappear from the face of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Doubt anyone would shed a tear should North Korea suddenly disappear from the face of the planet.
    Neither for Japan despite what the world tells you otherwise IMO. I get the feeling China is conspiring with North Korea to at least remove Japan before its destruction as Japan is seen as a nuisance to China.

We've sold the equipment, missiles, and other things needed for them to protect themselves (SM-3 Missile Defense System). They'd be fine if North Korea actually went through with a threat.
    and then he cupped my balls...

7+ Year Old Account
    A few on this forum would, who think violence is never the answer and that you can reason with madmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Shouldn't that be: "North Korea threatens to nuke Japan for the fifth time"?
    But it's the first time since last month!!!!!

Barking dogs do not bite and they have been barking since forever... not sure who is impressed anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ashes-darkness

"North Korea has threatened to sink Japan and said the US should be “beaten to death like a rabid dog” after the two countries spearheaded fresh UN security council sanctions in response to the regime’s recent nuclear test.

The Korea Asia-Pacific peace committee, which oversees North Korea’s relations with the outside world, described the UN security council, which passed a new round of sanctions on Monday, as a “tool of evil” in the pay of Washington, and called for it to be broken up.

'Quite backwards': Chinese tourists gawk at impoverished North Koreans

It is the first time that Pyongyang has issued an explicit threat to Japan since it fired a medium-range ballistic missile over the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido at the end of last month, triggering emergency sirens and mass text alerts."

I'm just wondering apart from thoughts, if they do launch a nuke, does Japan have any means to intercept it? Also is there a significant US population inside Japan btw
    Weird, @Dsc @BuckSparkles @Stormdash all sound like North Korea when speaking of United Nations.

Oh can't forget @supertony51

Deleted
    I thought the US had an agreement to defend Japan, If this is the case, would that also mean that the US would have to intercept any missile that directly threatened Japan ?

China would.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Yes, millions of people need to die so your little self can stop being bothered by this subject.

Deleted
    North Korea always talks a lot but in the end never gets anything done, they're quite like Trump, empy threats.

What they have seen from satellite images is that what they think are their nukes, are quite large, and still not small enough to put it on any kind of missile. Not to mention they don't have proper missile guiding tech, which is quite important to have with missiles equipped with nuclear capacity.

I don't think North Korea is stupid enough to launch a nuke in any direction of any of the Western allies, because it would pretty much make sure that China and Russia will not defend North Korea and USA and allies would just bomb the country until it's barren wasteland where nothing will live on for a century or longer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Yes, millions of people need to die so your little self can stop being bothered by this subject.
    See this guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    China would.
    Only if the US tries to occupy it. That's as far as China's feelings towards NK goes.