Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Surgical international cooperation pin point and overwhelm their command facilities and strategically hit ever point of offensive capabilities. All at once. Minimizing or eliminating any threat to civilians.

What I'd like to see first and foremost defense of any vulnerabile targets as in evacuation before going in.

Buildings and cities can be rebuilt just protect people on both sides as much as possible.
    Precision and humanitarian bombing, ah both myths in one post.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Precision and humanitarian bombing, ah both myths in one post.
    Exactly. Do people even watch war videos? Do they understand needs to happen? I just have a feeling it's a bunch of nerds with no realistic view point of war in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Surgical international cooperation pin point and overwhelm their command facilities and strategically hit ever point of offensive capabilities. All at once. Minimizing or eliminating any threat to civilians.

What I'd like to see first and foremost defense of any vulnerabile targets as in evacuation before going in.

Buildings and cities can be rebuilt just protect people on both sides as much as possible.
    I just don't see how that could be done without them having enough time to react (although I'm not particularly well versed in warfare so maybe I'm missing something). Even evacuation could tip them off, as they undoubtedly have spies in the South.

I like the ex Navy Seals' idea.
    Drop 25 million iPhones into Nth Korea .

Then put satellites above Nth Korea to give them free WiFi

Let the Nth Korea people see what they are missing out on, so they will overthrow Kim.

When Jocko Willink‏, a former US Navy SEAL who is now an author and occasional Business Insider contributor, was asked on Twitter how he would handle the North Korean crisis, he gave an unexpected answer that one expert said just might work.

Willink's proposal didn't involve any covert special operation strikes or military moves of any kind. Instead of bombs, Willink suggested the US drop iPhones.

"Drop 25 million iPhones on them and put satellites over them with free wifi," Willink tweeted last week.

While the proposal itself is fantastical and far-fetched, Yun Sun, an expert on North Korea at the Stimson Center, says the core concept could work.

"Kim Jong Un understands that as soon as society is open and North Korean people realize what they're missing, Kim's regime is unsustainable, and it's going to be overthrown," Sun told Business Insider.

Its too early in the morning for more idiotic north korean rockets, god damnit kim, go back to sleep and eat a snickers bar.

Deleted
    So why are you not just deleting this source of danger?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    What do you suggest the world should do if NK fires an actual nuke and hits something like Japan?
    Retaliate with force and over whelming force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    And they didn't shoot it down? Don't they have their own missile defenses?

I don't have a great deal of respect for the leader of that country.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    What do you suggest the world should do if NK fires an actual nuke and hits something like Japan?
    North Korea is currently not capable of launching a successful attack. And it wouldn't fire at Japan first (probably fire it at Busan in SK). If NK fires a nuke obviously the retaliation is the go to. But its a yuge if.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Retaliate with force and over whelming force.
    So hundreds of thousands of innocents die on both sides then. Unless you mean to physically invade and not just bomb it to rubble.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    Yeah, many of us will gladly accept North Korean quality of life over our current situation. But hey, at least we are democratized peoples? Thanks, United States.

I never knew imperialism, slavery, and Christianity could invigorate me and my people to this level of success.
    you're Welcome 10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I just don't see how that could be done without them having enough time to react (although I'm not particularly well versed in warfare so maybe I'm missing something). Even evacuation could tip them off, as they undoubtedly have spies in the South.
    Priorities first evacuation of possible targets from NK might be enough in and of itself to get them to second guess or recalculat. Then scout scan for munitions using advanced technologies and isolate the weapons facilities directly related to any offensive possibilities. Then contact allies for help in a humanitarian effort alone even if it means breaking NK up temporarily.

Target all of Kim's defensives pin point where he and his top lieutenants will be and take him. I don't know if it can all be done or not but I'd rather that than nuke people.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-14 at 11:52 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Priorities first evacuation of possible targets from NK might be enough in and of itself to get them to second guess or recalculat. Then scout scan for munitions using advanced technologies and isolate the weapons facilities directly related to any offensive possibilities. Then contact allies for help in a humanitarian effort alone even if it means breaking NK up temporarily.

Target all of Kim's defensive points pin point where he and his top lieutenants will be and take him. I don't know if it can all be done or not but I'd rather that than nuke people.
    And then what, in your imaginary perfect scenario, what does then next day look like? NK cheering at thier savior. Cmon Baghdad wasn't even that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    And they didn't shoot it down? Don't they have their own missile defenses?
    that's what I always ask.

If it were up to me, I'd tell NK that I'd blow anything out of the sky that flies faster than mach 1

as soon as war breaks out seoul is getting wiped off the map and millions of south koreans are going to die. thats the only reason north korea hasnt been fucked yet.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    And then what, in your imaginary perfect scenario, what does then next day look like? NK cheering at thier savior. Cmon Baghdad wasn't even that long ago.
    True but Baghdad wasn't threatening to nuke people. As I said you reach in with good humanitarian aid from around the world with food liberation of prison camps. Get medicine and medical teams to help treat any wounded. Meet with other leaders in NK negotiate a temporary government.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    as soon as war breaks out seoul is getting wiped off the map and millions of south koreans are going to die. thats the only reason north korea hasnt been fucked yet.
    Pretty much this.

The humanitarian crisis would make the east and west German unification look like a trip to Disney land

Target all of Kim's defensives pin point where he and his top lieutenants will be and take him. I don't know if it can all be done or not but I'd rather that than nuke people.
    Evacuating Seoul (which would be their main target) would take some amount of time though. Plus aren't a lot of their artillery in HARTS. Some of them might be easy enough to spot and take out but the ones in caves/mountains and heavily fortified positions would be almost impossible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating nuking or anything.

True but Baghdad wasn't threatening to nuke people. As I said you reach in with good humanitarian aid from around the world with food liberation of prison camps. Get medicine and medical teams to help treat any wounded. Meet with other leaders in NK negotiate a temporary government.
    I think you are underestimating the level of indoctrination that the average nk citizen has been put through