Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Teacher assaults kid that refuses to stand during the pledge of allegiance

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-of-allegiance

There is so little respect nowadays in school that I don't feel bad when a disrespectful runt gets what he deserves for spitting in the face of my nation!

dude... you arent even trying.... cmon.....

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-of-allegiance

There is so little respect nowadays in school that I don't feel bad when a disrespectful runt gets what he deserves for spitting in the face of my nation!
    The pledge is a stupid thing to have and has no place in schools if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    The irony of the pledge is how so many religious people are big on it, despite being little more than "flag worship".

As a child I was a Jehova's Witness. I would stand out of respect for my classmates but I wouldn't hold my hand over my heart nor recite the pledge. No one ever got pissy with me though, much to their credit. Which is saying something considering I live in Texas.

So he's sitting...who cares?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

First of, it's not stupid. Any self-respecting american will pledge his allegiance to the flag. The younger this paramount value gets taught, the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    So he's sitting...who cares?
    Any self-respecting american cares.

First of, it's not stupid. Any self-respecting american will pledge his allegiance to the flag. The younger this paramount value gets taught, the better.
    ...Your name. ITS A TRAP!

10+ Year Old Account
    So someone got mad that a kid didn't show respect for an American symbol made in a Chinese sweat shop? The horror!!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    ...Your name. ITS A TRAP!
    Yeah, sure, attack the name rather than the argument. Typical.

Yeah, sure, attack the name rather than the argument. Typical.
    You have no argument. Pledging allegiance to a flag is dumb, also in the name of God makes it cringe worthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

No it's stupid pledging allegiance to any one or any thing is stupid you should follow people based on there moral action not because you pledged to them if the country is doing moral things you should not have to have a pledge Allegiance to them.

I served in the USAF, and I give no fucks. Try again. Have you ever served?
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    So you served, and you give no fucks? You're a disgrace!

Not a fan of droning the pledge. I'd rather see the kids sing the national anthem. At least that would wake them up.

Reminds me of the scene in Ozark where Jonah puts his new teacher in place as she's attempting to have the kids sign a BS contract where they'll swear off drugs and alcohol...

Can't believe it's actually a thing in 'Murican schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    The name man. The naaaaaame.

So you served, and you give no fucks? You're a disgrace!
    So how can you even act like you have superior moral high ground? At least I gave something for the flag, you did not. Yet you want to cry about being " real American"?

No it's stupid pledging allegiance to any one or any thing is stupid you should follow people based on there moral action not because you pledged to them if the country is doing moral things you should not have to have a pledge Allegiance to them.
    Hold on now, is all of this just one sentence?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    The name man. The naaaaaame.
    What about it?