Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    So how can you even act like you have superior moral high ground? At least I gave something for the flag, you did not. Yet you want to cry about being " real American"?
    I plegded. You did not. End game.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    First of, it's not stupid. Any self-respecting american will pledge his allegiance to the flag. The younger this paramount value gets taught, the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Any self-respecting american cares.
    So, you support mindless brainwashing to pledge fealty to a flag? Isn't that was dictatorships do?

Why do you hate freedom and the United States Constitution so much?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hold on now, is all of this just one sentence?!?
    Posting from a phone forgot a few dots big whoop.

I plegded. You did not. End game.
    Man, that's really giving back to your country. I bet you're one of those that claimed you helped victims of either hurricane, but in reality all you did was say a prayer. Your participation trophy is over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you support mindless brainwashing to pledge fealty to a flag? Isn't that was dictatorships do?

Why do you hate freedom and the United States Constitution so much?
    Why do you hate our great nation so much?

If the teacher got physical with him, or tried to coerce him in any manner, then he should never be allowed to teach in public schools again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't think making a kid stand up is assault
    ""The teacher consultant comes up behind me and snatches me out of my chair violently,"

Man, that's really giving back to your country. I bet you're one of those that claimed you helped victims of either hurricane, but in reality all you did was say a prayer. Your participation trophy is over there.
    What did you do for them? And I'm asking the person behind the internet persona.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I never understood about the pledge, is why it has to be repeated daily.

How about I just sign a piece of paper that says I read and understand, and move on with my life? Why does it need to be repeated every day during your formative years......(I know the answer to that, but i'll let you think it up for yourselves.)
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Why do you hate our great nation so much?

I don't hate our country. Blind loyalty does not display love, it demonstrates ignorance. I'll go ahead and stick with freedom and the United States Constitution. It's a shame that you hate those things so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-of-allegiance

There is so little respect nowadays in school that I don't feel bad when a disrespectful runt gets what he deserves for spitting in the face of my nation!
    First of all, the teacher violated the law.

In the 1943 case West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, the Supreme Court ruled that mandatory participation violates the Free Speech rights of students under the First Amendment of the US Constitution. This means students cannot be forced to stand or leave the room, and that they should not be harassed, questioned, disciplined, or pressured in any way for their decision to opt out. Teachers and public schools violating this right are subject to lawsuits under 42 U.S.C. § 1983, where they may be liable for damages and attorney fees.

Furthermore, what you are suggesting is nothing short of Nationalism. If you were an actual patriot, you would understand that the whole point of being a US citizen is that we do not have compulsory pledges.

10+ Year Old Account
    literally brainwashing children

What did you do for them? And I'm asking the person behind the internet persona.
    So I'm right, you haven't actually contributed to anything, you just want to piss and moan about people expressing a freedom in which YOU did nothing to establish those freedoms. Carry on
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    First of all, the teacher violated the law.

In the 1943 case West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, the Supreme Court ruled that mandatory participation violates the Free Speech rights of students under the First Amendment of the US Constitution.
    Who was president in 1943? Roosevelt. A democrat, who are known to violate anything and everything that the USA stands for. I do not recognize this ruling.

This means students cannot be forced to stand or leave the room, and that they should not be harassed, questioned, disciplined, or pressured in any way for their decision to opt out. Teachers and public schools violating this right are subject to lawsuits under 42 U.S.C. § 1983, where they may be liable for damages and attorney fees.
    This means nothing under a democrat rule.

Furthermore, what you are suggesting is nothing short of Nationalism.
    Which is exactly what we need in this country!

If you were an actual patriot, you would understand that the whole point of being a US citizen is that we do not have compulsory pledges.
    Keep your "True Scotsman" to yourself!

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm right, you haven't actually contributed to anything, you just want to piss and moan about people expressing a freedom in which YOU did nothing to establish those freedoms. Carry on
    Actually, I was right, and YOU did nothing. You failed to answer a simple question. To which the answer would've been easy... IF you actually served.

So you didn't serve, AND didn't pledge. You disgust me!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I was right, and YOU did nothing. You failed to answer a simple question. To which the answer would've been easy... IF you actually served.

7+ Year Old Account
    The land of the free doesn't seem so free anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The land of the free doesn't seem so free anymore.
    I have no idea why you'd insinuate such a thing.

I asked if you served, you never answered. So you failed to answer the simple question right off the bat.

Nah cupcake, I DID serve, for 12 years. Did several TDYs to Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia. You believing me or not, really has no bearing on a pathetic attempt to call me out. I really don't care what an individual has to say about what people should do or not do with their freedoms, if the person making the argument hasn't even served in the military. You have given nothing to this country, your community, or this thread. All you're capable of is childish temper tantrums because in the scheme of things, you're a freedom hating nationalist who still lives at home.

And here I was expecting it to be someone trying to drum up outrage over the "assault" part of the story. At least you're living up to your username with this particular dumbass spin on the incident. >.>

Deleted
    Reminds me of USSR times, but it wasn't that bad even then. Students pledges only once when accepted to pioneers (USSR version of boy scouts) and once when accepted to comsomol (same thing, but more grown up version) and that was it.

That nonsense is stupid beyond belief. Mentioning God makes it cringe worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who was president in 1943? Roosevelt. A democrat, who are known to violate anything and everything that the USA stands for. I do not recognize this ruling.

This means nothing under a democrat rule.

Which is exactly what we need in this country!

Keep your "True Scotsman" to yourself!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You do NOT get to pick and choose which rulings to recognize. Just like you do not get to pick and chose what you probably want to follow from the bible but do anyways.

You disgust ME.