Playstation 4 and Xbox 1 may have its first Cross-Play Game. (Fortnite)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...players-report
    Cross-platform play between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One shouldn't be possible, but players of Fortnite, Epic's co-op survival game, are insisting the feature has been quietly switched on.
    Fortnite reddit users first noticed something was going on when they spotted players with Xbox gamertags popping up in PS4 matches.

Suspicion was raised by redditor PRE_-CISION-_, after they spotted a Gamertag with a space in it. PS4 does not allow spaces in PSN names.

A quick search of Xbox Live later, and yes - the player with that tag only played on Xbox.

The Fortnite community was quick to point out Microsoft and Sony's own stance on cross-network play - that it is absolutely, definitely not allowed.

Some suggested the player with an Xbox gamertag was gaming on PC, but then video and screenshots of him playing the Xbox version surfaced, debunking that idea.

As evidence mounted, another example of an Xbox gamertag in a PS4 game popped up.

And then yet another - as a Dad and son played together: Dad on Xbox One, son on PS4.

Back at E3, Eurogamer interviewed both Microsoft and Sony about cross-network play, following the announcement Minecraft and Rocket League would link up on PC, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

The company which didn't want to play ball? Sony. Currently, there are no plans for PlayStation owners to be able to play with those on other consoles.

And yet developers have said that switching on PS4-Xbox One cross-play would be relatively simple. Wildcard, the developer of hit dino survival game Ark, stated it would "not take more than a few days" to get up and running.

We've asked Epic how PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners are playing together in Fortnite, and whether this feature is intended.

Regardless of the answer, it's another sign that PS4 and Xbox One cross-network play could happen right now - if only everyone agreed to it.
    Cool, maybe this will be the start of Cross-Play between the two platforms.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...players-report

Cool, maybe this will be the start of Cross-Play between the two platforms.
    Assuming Sony doesn't put a stop to it.

Considering they didn't want it in the first place, that would seem to be a likely outcome. Shit there might even be legal ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Assuming Sony doesn't put a stop to it.

Considering they didn't want it in the first place, that would seem to be a likely outcome. Shit there might even be legal ramifications.
    Who knows, just got to wait and see what happens. But based on what has been said Fornite did it and maybe that is what it has to take. A developer just outright doing it without asking.

IMO this will be interesting to fallow.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

its been a long time coming, but it also makes me wonder if they did it on the downlow to pad the games plummeting numbers. Also what theres a few games like destiny people like being separate so they can have 6 characters instead of 3 so how do you deal with that?

Still the closer we get to FFXIV on the xbone is a good thing, those folks that played FFXI on 360 and were just told 'nope' to XIV have been missing out.

Are you sure it isn't going to be locked behind a hidden super awesome gold mega founder's bundle in fortnite to play cross platform?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you didn't care about cross-play because Sony doesn't need it in your "honest" opinion.

Was an accident sadly. As someone who supports cross play its sad to hear https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/909847537380708353

Would seem Phil Spencer wishes they would leave it on https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/909907901765922816

I wish they would too. I don't play fortnight, but cross play is a good thing, pro consumer, adds competition, thus adds a new fun factor.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-09-19 at 11:39 AM.