Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I am exalted with argussian reach on 3 alts already, but Army of the Light token WQ pop very, very rarely, I think I've seen three of those WQ since release.
    I would love to know how you're exalted with them on 3 characters already.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-09-29 at 04:19 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Most likely many characters doing the rep token WQ, and in turn, the snowball effect of 1000 rep order hall missions becoming BoA in the process.

I used 8 characters and got 4000 BoA argussian rep each time a WQ was up, with 12 characters and not missing any, it'd go even faster, or as human etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I have 14 chars, the rep tokens are account bound so every time a WQ with the token pops I get 7k reputation for 30 minutes work.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    The Lightforged one is not account wide, so even if players get it for their main (I did, yesterday), they'll still need defiled runes for their alts.
    TBH if a person is doing a raid on their alts on a difficulty that they want to use runes, then they are probably exalted on that character as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    TBH if a person is doing a raid on their alts on a difficulty that they want to use runes, then they are probably exalted on that character as well.
    I don't know about "probably"; I don't have statistics on others and can only speak for myself. I do more on my main than my alts. I am moderately competitive on my main, and he has been exalted for maybe 10 days now (don't remember exactly). I play three alts who are all geared for raiding - 938, 936, and 932 - none of them are exalted yet. I don't raid on my alts regularly, so I don't really mind one way or the other. But I'm guessing there are many where I'm at.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also true, of course, that many players (most?) don't bother with augment runes unless pressured by their peers, and that the benefits of 325 to main stats feels less significant as the expansion wears on. I'm the type of player who takes every easy edge he can get, to make up for my lack of mad skills and I find gold to buy runes from AH to be very easy. Having the Lightforged Rune, for me, is mostly about the convenience of having one less thing on my pre-raid checklist.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    I don't know about "probably"; I don't have statistics on others and can only speak for myself. I do more on my main than my alts. I am moderately competitive on my main, and he has been exalted for maybe 10 days now (don't remember exactly). I play three alts who are all geared for raiding - 938, 936, and 932 - none of them are exalted yet. I don't raid on my alts regularly, so I don't really mind one way or the other. But I'm guessing there are many where I'm at.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also true, of course, that many players (most?) don't bother with augment runes unless pressured by their peers, and that the benefits of 325 to main stats feels less significant as the expansion wears on. I'm the type of player who takes every easy edge he can get, to make up for my lack of mad skills and I find gold to buy runes from AH to be very easy. Having the Lightforged Rune, for me, is mostly about the convenience of having one less thing on my pre-raid checklist.
    But if you did raid on them competitively I assume you'd use them.

I also have geared alts 920+ but do not raid on them at all and their rep is relatively low simply because I don't need them to be, but if I were to raid on them I'd almost assuredly have them repped up and ready to go. That being said most people don't use runes unless they are being pressured like you said or if they are on progression kills.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-09-29 at 06:56 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So at 925 order hall missions I seem to get 3+6 augment runes as reward options, probably more at 950.

Still means you could buy many more runes with mission gold on most realms. (missions giving like 1100+1500g at 925, 1750 bonus at 950)

That only makes the 40000g permanent rune less and less valuable (250-400 runes to break even)

But overall I suppose more options for players is good, and more consistent ways to get direct-access to more then like 2 runes per mission since 7.3.

Antorus probably might rise the AH pricing on runes a bit, but I doubt it'd be much, I think most hardcore raiders will have the perma-rune or simply the extra influx of rune-misisons will keep the price potentially as low as current. (<100-150ish)

Right now I also don't expect a mass rise of Rune supply yet, as most people who are serious about their order hall are busy leveling their itemlevel/follower gear, and the rest probably mostly does gold missions
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-08 at 10:28 PM.

You can't really compare the cost of runes you would actually buy and use if the perma rune wasn't available with the 40,000g for the permanent rune. Even if the math doesn't 100% work out, having the perma rune still means you can just use it on every farm and early progression, etc. pull and gives you a stat buff to use when doing world quests, 5 mans, etc., etc. It ends up being well worth it, since 40k gold is a pretty trivial amount at this point for most people. It would be perfectly reasonable for guilds to just expect you to be runed for every pull at this point, since getting Exalted is something everyone should easily be at this point (I think I had it 2-3 weeks ago? and even then not doing every WQ and not using alts for rep tokens).

Deleted
    exactly, the point is that you can use even for daily farm and stuff, so you cant compare, plus the permanent rune gives you the additional point to dont have to take care about go out of runes etc.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So at 950, missions give 4+8 runes, price on my server dropped under 100 gold each, so for 40k you'd have to use over 550 runes to break even.

Getting to 950 also got easier with extra missions that award the upgrade tokens added in 7.3.2.

Sure 40k gold is still easy, only about 15 gold missions (1200+1750 gold or so maximum) so after less then a month you'd still break even, it's just up the player if they get it on all their alts or not (480k for a full roster of 12)

Fel focuser from Broken Isles is an awesome investment also however, 7500 nethershard for a permanent 500 str/int/agi + 750 buff. (counts as elixirs, in raids you'd use flasks obviously)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-26 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    So at 950, missions give 4+8 runes, price on my server dropped under 100 gold each, so for 40k you'd have to use over 550 runes to break even.

Getting to 950 also got easier with extra missions that award the upgrade tokens added in 7.3.2.
    You are also paying for the convenience of having:
    Unlimited uses in a single slot
    Unlimited uses without having to get more
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    You are also paying for the convenience of having:
    Unlimited uses in a single slot
    Unlimited uses without having to get more
    Of course, it allows you to focus on gold missions and whatnot and skip the rune missions completely. For raiders it's a no-brainer.

Right now I sit at 100+ runes still, and will use those on my alts first.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Of course, it allows you to focus on gold missions and whatnot and skip the rune missions completely. For raiders it's a no-brainer.

Right now I sit at 100+ runes still, and will use those on my alts first.
    Also helpful in other areas. Like I wouldn't previously used a Rune for quests or whatnot, whereas the unlimited one I pop like candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Also helpful in other areas. Like I wouldn't previously used a Rune for quests or whatnot, whereas the unlimited one I pop like candy.
    pretty much the case for me... and any actual runes i have can go to my alts or guildies.

I did not know you could that. More you know.