Deleted

Potential New Druid Main

Hey i may have a few questions regarding druids as a whole class. Im currently maining a hpala which is all fine but i dont like the other 2 specs as much. I dont play alts, i just want a main that fills out my time with several aspects. My hpala is around 940 and i was quite lucky from the beginning for BiS leggos. Im not quite decided for druid if im heading towards resto or any other spec. My questions would be which druid spec is least gear/legendary dependend. Its just that i dont want to feel lacking smth and im not a huge fan of forced item grinding. Any responses are appreciated

I also play both Holy Paladin main and played Druid alt for about half the length of my Wow gaming days.

I must admit from a personal endeavour of being a Holy Paladin for 8 years, I can't really handle Resto Healing. It might just be that, I am so use to Holy and Paladin's way of doing things that I can't get my head around Resto, it could also be that I am not giving myself time to get into Resto. However, when I was trying there was a difference in that Holy you can be actively doing something all the time. Whether healing or using several cooldowns that they have in their toolkit. Resto on the other hand felt like I had periods of waiting or just constantly spamming my HOTs which felt very odd to me, but with Resto the movement is much more enjoyment and easier to not get caught by things... And Tranquillity is just great, even better with being able to move too!
    I actually persisted with Balance this expansion and in the end, wasn't so keen on it. I played Balance from the early days of how they DPS'd including the several changes they use their resource piles and although I prefer the current way in which they deal with their resources... I just can't seem to get the numbers up and be an efficient, decent DPS. With a guild member being a superb Balance, I sort her help and followed her but I honestly don't know how she pulls the 1m+ damage she does in raids. Even when I follow her advice or a few guides around the net I just can't do it. I guess I am a dub for it as the max I can do is 600-700k both ST and AOE
    But I absolutely love Feral druid. I find myself wanting to log on and play my Druid to the point that she is 923 with a bit of love from Argus. She can easily do 900-1m ST dps and sometimes 2m+ as AOE and I am actually using 1 Balance legendary and 1 Feral legendary. All I have done is looked at another Feral druid and a few guides so I was pleased with the reward in researching yielded a great output on DPS.
    Tanking is another choice, it's quite a responsible job so being a healer is not going to be too much of a stretch but you will have to learn every fight anew since it's a completely different ball game. They are also very strong and have a balanced way of health, cooldowns and such to help with bosses.
    Being a healer, dps or tank is up to you.

Personally, I would aim for Feral as from personal experience legendaries help it but the gateway and learning curve doesn't seem so bad, if it is there are a few guidews to overlook and follow loosely without hiccups.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-09-20 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by radiosilence View Post
    My questions would be which druid spec is least gear/legendary dependend.
    That would depend on your main type of content. The harder the content you want to do, the more important it is to get the gear. For me, as a filthy casual, I've picked Guardian as main spec because in the content that I do, it's very easy to be good without gear. That's just how bears are. Bears are also really good for soloing the rare elites. Booms kill faster, but die faster too. I've never been able to grasp Feral, so I don't play that. And trees are better at healing than killing, so that's no fun for me.

Deleted
    Thanks for the quick responses so far, that gives me some insight. I may be wrong here, but from what ive seen tanks are least legendary dependend since the legs just lets you choose between dps/heal, which makes them less dependend from my view. While dps and heal are having more spec defining leggos. When it comes to type of content you can call me a casual too, since im not mythic raiding, mostly due to time issues, though i play quite alot. Im running alot higher keys and im currently parsing in the eu 1%ish. Becoming a druid has alot benefits like instant mounting, high mobility in general and probably one of the highest utility toolkit. So thats why im getting interested in the class.

Druids are pretty good when it comes to bad luck with or lack of legendaries. For example the chest has triple stats and is by default useful or the moonkin shoulders can be used very effectively by a guardian. The one outlier I'd say is Luffas which are bracers that can very substantially increase guardian dps.