Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Battle.Net App Patch, Netherlight Crucible, Mythic Dungeon Invitational, WoW History

Community Highlights: Rhykker's PTR Update, Diablo 3 Commercial, Necro Fan Art, & Curse Hiring

Why You Standing There? U Can't Touch This! The Glorious Immunity Card Design Competition

Battle.Net Patch 1.9 Build 9397 - Now With Emoji Support
    The Battle.Net App was updated today to group your favorites, sort your friends by activity, additional emoji support, and more!

Netherlight Crucible Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Hey guys!

We’ve been seeing a lot of discussion going back and forth on the Crucible lately, so we’ve had some conversations with the development team and I wanted to pop in and share a few points that came out of it.

Regarding comparisons to Reforging – Reforging was always a simple, mechanical choice. Players were, at the end of the day, simply replacing their worst stats with best stats on every item that didn’t already have your best stats up to a mechanical limit. The Crucible, by comparison, is only affecting a small subset of items and presents much more varied situations than say “change 30 Hit Chance into Haste”.

We’ve also seen a bit of discussion around players desiring the ability to respec the Traits that are locked on the second and third tiers of relics. We feel that the ability to respect Traits would lead to players picking traits based on perfect optimization for any given situation, which could lead to players leaving a raid to change to AoE-centric traits for the next fight during raid progression. While we feel that’s a nuisance in itself, this would also make the system feel like a watered-down version of talent rows, and would undermine the choice that is made when selecting your Relic Traits.

That being said, Relics are items and will be replaced; we do expect players to make choices and experiment with this system. Since there is still new content ahead of us in Antorus, better Relics will be available and players who make choices they may not like now will have the opportunity to get new Relics before long with a potentially new set of Trait choices.

As a note, we are also fine with the current state that Relics Soulbind on inspection in the Crucible. We believe the alternative of everyone porting in and out of the raid to pass the relic around and see who it’s best for is far, far worse. Players are smart and will be able to make educated decisions based on the information that’s available to them. As I said, we do expect experimentation however.

A final note: I saw the post on Reddit laying out three choices for Relics, asking players which one they would pick -
    Relic A : 930 Ilvl BiS main trait, 3rd BiS bonus trait, but forces worst tier 2 crucible trait
    Relic B : 915 ilvl BiS main and bonus trait and 2nd BiS crucible tier 2 trait
    Relic C : 940 ilvl 2nd and 4th BiS traits and BiS crucible tier 2 trait.The poster responded by saying the only way to know is to sim it. If you’re generally a player who simulates gear upgrades to make decisions, you’re probably going to do that anyway, and that’s fine. If you’re a player going off basic guidelines such as “I play a fire mage so I want Critical Strike” you will get by as you always do in this situation and pick what you think is best for your particular class or spec.

Thanks for all the feedback on the topic so far, I’ll be on the lookout for future discussions, as always.

The Mythic Dungeon Invitational Weekend 2 This Saturday and Sunday!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The competition has begun and with weekend one behind us, we’re looking forward to weekend 2 with teams from Europe and the Americas teams taking their shot this weekend.

Weekend 2: Europe and The Americas
    Europe: Saturday, September 23 at 5:00 a.m. PDT
    The Americas: Sunday, September 24 at 9:00 a.m PDT

We’ve chosen 32 teams who have pushed themselves to the limit and proven they are ready for their next challenge in the Mythic Dungeon Invitational. Eight teams from China, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the Americas will compete over the span of three weekends to see who will make it to the top 8 before moving on to the semi-finals and finals.

Check out the teams in the official post!

So, What's Next?
    Each team will compete over three weekends head-to-head within the Mythic Dungeons. Two teams will advance from each region during a single-elimination, best-of-3 format. These teams will need to balance speed, skill, and strategy to claim their victory over their opponents. Keystone levels and affixes will be determined by Blizzard and all competition will take place on special tournament realms in which all players compete on an even playing field.

Check out the list of Keystone Affixes that we’ll be putting into play during the competition:

Affix 1
    • Sanguine
    • Teeming
    • Bolstering
    • Raging
    • Explosive

Affix 2
    • Quaking
    • Volcanic
    • Explosive
    • Grievous
    • Volcanic

Affix 3
    • Tyrannical
    • Tyrannical
    • Fortified
    • Fortified
    • Teeming

Event Schedule
    The competition all begins this weekend on Twitch Friday, September 15 and Saturday, September 16 when the top teams in China begin their bid to make it to the Global top 8.

Here’s the full schedule of events:

Weekend 1: China and Asia-Pacific
    China: Friday, September 15 at 9:00 p.m. PDT
    Asia-Pacific: Saturday, September 16 at 9:00 p.m. PDT

Weekend 2: Europe and The Americas
    Saturday, September 23 at 5:00 a.m. PDT
    Sunday, September 24 at 9:00 a.m. PDT

Weekend 3: Global Top 8, Semi-Finals, and Finals
    Saturday, September 30 at 9:00 a.m. PDT
    Sunday, October 1 at 9:00 a.m. PDT

Where to Watch
    You can catch all the action in English on the official Warcraft Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft. Hosts Adrian "Healingstat" Archer-Lock, Daniel "AutomaticJak" Anzenberger, Martin "Treckie" Meiner, Richard Campbell, Robert Wing and Ted "Sloot" Bacinschi will be on hand to provide commentary and expertise on all the action.

We’re also working to provide additional language support for this event, so check back soon for more listings. You won’t want to miss a thing!

Learn more about the Mythic Dungeon Invitational in our previous announcement or head over to the official World of Warcraft Esports site.

Play Overwatch Free September 22–25 on PC, PlayStation® 4, and Xbox One
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Attention, recruits! If you haven't already had the opportunity to suit up and save the world as one of the heroes of Overwatch, now's your chance.

From September 22–25, we're calling on all prospective agents: assemble your team and dive in during the Overwatch Free Weekend on PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One!

For this free weekend, we're making Overwatch's full roster of 25 heroes and 16 maps available for play in a variety of modes, including Quick Play, Custom Games, and the Arcade. Players will also have the ability to level up, earn Loot Boxes, and unlock a variety of different customization options.

Plus, if you decide to purchase Overwatch after test driving the game, you'll get to keep any progress that you made during the weekend—just be sure to use the same Blizzard, Sony Entertainment, or Xbox Live account that you played on.

For more details and to learn how you can participate, read on below!

Deployment Schedule
    The Overwatch Free Weekend will run from September 22–25. PlayStation 4 owners with a PlayStation Plus membership, Xbox One owners with an Xbox Live Gold membership, and Windows PC users with a Battle.net account will be able to download and play Overwatch for FREE during this period—no special keys or sign-up codes needed!

The free period will begin on September 22 at 11am PT and end on September 25 at 11:59pm PT in all participating regions across all platforms. If you'd like to see when the weekend will go live in your region, check out the guides below. For additional time zone assistance, please visit timezoneconverter.com.

The Overwatch Free Weekend may not be available on all platforms in all regions. See our FAQ for details.

This Week in WoW History
    We're taking a look back at old MMO-Champion posts and World of Warcraft news that occurred during this time in previous years.

Legion Max Level Content Unlocked
    Legion allowed players to take their time leveling, delaying most of the max level content that people had previously rushed to level for until a few weeks after release. During this week, Normal and Heroic Emerald Nightmare unlocked, World Bosses started spawning, Mythic+ Dungeons opened, and the first PvP season started.

BlizzCon 2015 In-Game Goodies Round-Up
    BlizzCon 2017 is rapidly approaching and we've already seen the new Horde and Alliance mounts that we will get this year. Looking back to 2015 we see the final in-game goodies roundup that included the incredibly cute and dangerous Murkidan, a Nexus Battle Beast Mount in Heroes, Hearthstone card back, Starcraft II Portraits, and a Pennant, Pet, and Portrait for Diablo III players.

Warlords of Draenor In-Game Cinematics
    During Warlords of Draenor Beta, Blizzard released all of the cinematics from the initial Warlords of Draenor campaign at once. This was done because the team was aware that some players enjoy spoilers and would seek out the cinematics on fansites. These included the iconic scene with Garrosh and Thrall, Yrel, Velen, the Warlords, and more.

Mists of Pandaria Zone Previews
    As more and more of Mists of Pandaria was being revealed, players finally got a chance to check out what some of the zones would look like. The previews included Krasarang Wilds, Dread Wastes, and Townlong Steppes. These offered some different environments and creatures than players had ever before scene, introducing the Klaxxi, Yaungol, and more Sha. Krasarang Wilds was a vibrant forest-like area teeming with all kinds of flora and fauna, Townlong Steppes housed the Shado-pan Garrison, and the Dread Wastes was an ashen and torn environment being overrun by Klaxxi.

Appear Offline Coming "Soon"
    It may not seem like it, but it now has been five years since the Appear Offline "Coming Soon" notice was posted! Questions about the status of the feature is a favorite among BlizzCon Q&A topics. In the years since, we got an update about adding Appear Offline to Overwatch in 2016, another update in 2017, and strings that refer to appearing offline were added to Hearthstone this year. For now, the Appear Offline feature appears to still be coming "Soon".

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Please no emojis, we have enough of that filth outside of battle.net.

@Bjora . look at top mods and you'll see twitch and discord emoji's have been on a steady climb as they gain momentum. We are in an age where people want to spam chat with emojis, not words

Emojis faggotry has come to Blizzard... oh God.

Glad to see they're focusing on the important stuff.

Seriously though, who asked for emojis in bnet? Who benefits from it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Die emoji's die!

Not like emojis take a lot to develop, guess someone just decided to throw them in... on a side note, wonder how big the b.net launcher team is

Deleted
    Are the emojis only on bnet chat or ingame group/raid chat too? That would imo be very horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not like emojis take a lot to develop, guess someone just decided to throw them in... on a side note, wonder how big the b.net launcher team is
    Probably just one person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    AKA "we're Blizzard and we like this RNG we forced upon you, so get fucked."
    jup, yet again completely ignoring what players are experiencing. The cruscible system sucks donkey balls in it's current form. Take a wrong turn on the extra trait on a freshly high TF relic does not feel very nice at all. They say it's not the same as reforging and that's incorrect, it's a simplified and worse system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure its not random what emoji u get while typing? Wouldt been suprised if it was.

give us emoji but still no way to go offline from the friendlist when playing even though it was promised years ago.
    Typical blizzard

No offline/invisible mode yet... So i guess i'll continue without adding people to my list.

- - - Updated - - -

No offline/invisible mode yet... So i guess i'll continue without adding people to my list

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanaynae View Post
    jup, yet again completely ignoring what players are experiencing. The cruscible system sucks donkey balls in it's current form. Take a wrong turn on the extra trait on a freshly high TF relic does not feel very nice at all. They say it's not the same as reforging and that's incorrect, it's a simplified and worse system.
    Looking up the answer to everything doesnt feel good either. RNG is good, they should also make all their dmg equations less accessable aswell, making it more of a gut feeling and more rpg what stat you wanna go for. The more experienced person will make the better choices. And F all this "competitive" thing. Perfect balance is ruining the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Sure its not random what emoji u get while typing? Wouldt been suprised if it was.
    maybe they titanforge to Gifs and stickers

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    adding functions that assist stalkers would be a bad thing i hope blizzard never do it
    Don't understand people's fascination with it... i have almost a full list, 75% are active in multiple games, and no one ever bothers me. If people have that clingy of friends maybe they need to re-evaluate their friendships and not wait for blizz to solve their problem for them.

Plus, it would only make it easier for people stealing accounts, we've informed people earlier then they would have known that their account was compromised JUST because we could see it on when we knew they couldn't be.

5+ Year Old Account
    Appear Offline lovely! Just make it for certain people we chose on friend list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Appear Offline lovely! Just make it for certain people we chose on friend list.
    If you have specific friends you need to hide from then maybe they shouldn't be on that list in the first place?

5+ Year Old Account
    Yea I got a quite problem with that

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yea I got a quite problem with that
    Then you should probably split with them.

Not trying to be an ass but I have friends who spam me sometimes in WoW. I tell them I just want to be on my own tonight and they completely understand. They are sometimes miffed because they did want to play with me but if you have to actively hide from them then that's not what a friend is imo.