Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking Banned...while not even subscribed?

Ok, this one takes the cake. So about 8 months ago, maybe more, I made a post on here about my account getting banned for third-party software and couldn't figure out why the fuck that was happening. The suspension got lifted, I played for one month...and then got hit again for the same exact thing. I was thinking it was that Auction addon I was using (I forget the name now), but people confirmed they were using it just fine. So I just gave up. I finally quit WoW.

So this past Monday, a friend talks me into playing SC2 with him doing some Co-Op games. So while it's installing, I decide to click over to WoW to see how much longer I have left on my 6 month ban. It should've been up something like August 15th, if I remember correctly. What does it say? July 21st of 2018 lol. Now I have no idea what happened in the time between, like ether they just bumped the 6 month up to a year (or more?), or if it came off the ban, stayed unsubbed for a while, and then got hit again. I don't know. I never received an email about it this time. I don't care, as I said, I'm not playing WoW anymore, I just couldn't help but laughing at this, and decided to share it with you guys.

I'm apparently so bad that my account gets banned even when I'm not actively subbed! I deserve an achievement for that, methinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

That'll show you!

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    dont use hacks simple?
    Please make real posts, pal.

Could also be that your account has been compromised in the past and the person that did it continues to have access to your information. If you used third-party software that got you banned, that's the type of software that is notorious for stealing account information. It may be worth actually verifying your identity over the phone with Blizzard to get the ban rescinded. It could be a rolling ban, i.e. until you contact them in person the ban will continue to be extended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    What exactly isn't 'real' about what he said... its pretty plain and clear... what part didn't you understand or do you take exception with?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

6 months ban first, then 18 - that`s the way Blizz rolls. Either you have memory issues, or someone else played on your account while cheating also.

rest in piss

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What exactly isn't 'real' about what he said... its pretty plain and clear... what part didn't you understand or do you take exception with?
    Why haven't I ignored you already lol. Does anyone on this forum ever read your posts or does literally everyone have you on ignore.

Infracted
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-09-23 at 08:45 AM.

It's simple as that. If you cheat, you'll get banned. Don't cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    But he didn't cheat. Did you not read his post?

Why haven't I ignored you already lol. Does anyone on this forum ever read your posts or does literally everyone have you on ignore.
    he's not wrong...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Yeah, the most likely case is the OP actually was botting/cheating in some way and got caught.

While it is possible they are innocent, I'd say 99% of the time people make these threads they were actually botting but posted anyway for some amount of sympathy. At least that has been the case since I've been using the internet.

They did. They just don't believe him.

I'm of the opinion that his account is compromised and while he wasn't using bot software the compromiser was and thus he has the ban.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ya because you can totally trust random post comply when you have no way to know if hes giving you the full story.

Deleted
    My American wow account was banned for "suspicious activity" in 2011. I hadn't used that account since 2006 after I started playing on European realms. I think I tried investigating the issue in 2015 but found out that I'd need to call American blizzard support in order to get in unlocked or something so I decided just funk it. Not like I had plans to open an American subscription anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why haven't you ignored me? I dont know, why dont you ask one of your 'experts' to diagnose you for that. I dont know anyone that has me on ignore, if they did I'd take it as a badge of courage. I might even be kind enough to add them to my sig.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Your account may have bern hacked just contact support instead

OP - remember that reality these days is defined by the popular decision.

Either the most common or the most supported position is defined to be reality - leaving a few percent of people who are entirely innocent out in the cold.

That is now the way the world works.

I got banned from Reddit because of a popular delusion ... and it sucks.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt' matter if he 'cheated' or not, even if every single one of us on MMOC believed him that he was innocent, Blizzard would still have the right to ban the account because it was compromised. My personal advice to OP would be contact support and ask them what is going on and how to return the account to an uncompromised state.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Yeah, the most likely case is the OP actually was botting/cheating in some way and got caught.

While it is possible they are innocent, I'd say 99% of the time people make these threads they were actually botting but posted anyway for some amount of sympathy. At least that has been the case since I've been using the internet.
    His post literally says he doesn't even care about the game and doesn't want it back, and is just trying to figure out if something changed that would have caused this.

Reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.