Is Aidan's Armor set good for someone just ding 80?

New to the game.
    See Aidan's Armor set in AH really cheap.

Is it good?
    If not, how do I get gear?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    New to the game.
    See Aidan's Armor set in AH really cheap.

Is it good?
    If not, how do I get gear?
    ...Need a lot more information to give you a solid answer. What class are you playing? What's your build? Aidan's probably does not have the most efficient stat setup for your class/build. As for getting gear, you can craft it, or you can get a relatively cheap exotic gear set from the AH to start with, but picking the right stat setup goes a long way.

My class is Ranger.
    Aidan armor stats are Precision, Power and Condition Damage which are useful.
    It also has set gear bonus.

The suggested gear is either Power/Prec/Ferocity or Power/Prec/Condition/Expertise.
    They don't have set gear bonus.
    Why are they good?

10+ Year Old Account
    My class is Ranger.

The suggested gear is either Power/Prec/Ferocity or Power/Prec/Condition/Expertise.
    Why are they good?
    The "set bonus" is just the runes that come in the armor, those can be changed later.

The stats are ideal but I wouldnt worry about that being a new lvl 80. You will want to use your condition oriented weapons with those stats, so shortbow, axe, torch, dagger and condition oriented skills, traps, sharpening stone.

What game modes to you like (open world, fractals, raids, pvp, wvw, a.little bit of everything)? Do you want to do power damage or condition damage? Do you have either xpax? I could give you some pointers to gear up.

- - - Updated - - -

My class is Ranger.

Why are they good?
    Power/prec/ferocity is the best set for doing power damage.

The second set is ideal for MOST condi builds because expertise extends the duration of you conditions...the longer your conditions tick the more you can stack and the more damage they do.

Resident Cosplay Progressive