Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No cause I haven't played it and probably won't until it goes on steam.

New FF games haven't excited me for a while though, I'm unsure why they keep trying to reinvent the wheel with combat systems every new game instead of just spicing up the tried and true. All the games gotta do is tell a decent story in a fantasy universe with some fun and tested mechanics and it'll please the audience.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2017-09-26 at 02:06 AM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I know it will be nothing new but I personally found it lacking compared to previous titles.

I found myself enamoured and engaged with the stories and struggles of the characters in 7, 8, 9, 12 and even 10.

I mean sure the stories were weird but they knew what they were as games. And for this type of RPG that the FF series has been the story is basically 90% of the final grade.

15 struck me as trying too hard to get me to like features I couldn't care less about if I tried.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2017-09-26 at 03:38 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The main bodyguard guy was an ass
    noctis was a whiner
    The photographer pissed me off so much I honestly kept letting him die in battles and I was more annoyed at his big revel that he was actually a monster.
    I was okay with the chef guy before he got blinded

Deleted
    I was pretty hyped about FFXV to the point where I was planning to finally buy a PS4 just to be able to do it. Incredible graphics and cool fantasy-sci-fi art style, plus lack of any other solid RPGs last year.

But since Mass Effect 3 I have been much more careful before buying a game, I swore to never again buy a game with shitty/bad ending, so i did some googling and youtube-ing, and oh boy, am I glad I dodged that bullet.
    I would be so fucking mad if I wasted tons of money and time into FFXV to be "rewarded" with that.

Even the Kingslaive movie has crappy ending, but hey thats just 2 hours wasted, no big deal.

Yes.

I feel like the game had a lot of potential but they dropped the ball hard when it came to executing it. They also used the open world portion for the more bland areas of the game and left the more 'Final Fantasy' looking areas for the more linear portions.

There's a lot of weirdness in terms of decisions, too. Why is there a silly crossover with Assassins Creed, of all things? Why is Vivienne Westwood advertising in the game itself?

At this point I just want them to focus on giving FFXIV more funding and to create more side story titles of a similar quality and depth to Final Fantasy Tactics. In addition to working on FF16, of course. Which hopefully won't be 'modern' as that seems to be code for blatant real world advertisements these days...

10+ Year Old Account
    I want more FANTASY in my Final Fantasy. Enough with this Sci-Fi bullshit. FF7 was the only technology based FF game I actually enjoyed, and that's just because the story blew it out of the water. Ten was much closer, but X-2 was more overkill.

I have completed every FF game that has been released in the states up to 13-1. I barely started 13-2, and I have never played anything beyond that (besides the 14 MMO, but that doesn't count). I'm just so tired of all the extreme sci-fi technology bullshit. Magitek doesn't need to be THAT mainstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Wish I could be a consultant for square enix and tell them to stop wasting their massive budget on trying to be the "biggest and prettiest" game in the market.

Its not the 90s anymore where technology advancements can carry weaker parts of the story or game.

Id down scale the world and make the towns more robust with characters and secrets with chat options that advances with the plot like the old games tried to do.

Spend more of that money on getting better quality writers and going to work making a rich and exciting world that isnt just big open roads and large fields of nothing.

They aim too big and fall awkwardly short instead of a smaller more tighter story that has replay ability. Story and combat system > awe and wonder.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    S-E: WHAT DO OUR CUSTOMERS WANT?!
    Customers: Just give us a pretty Turn Based RPG with good story and gameplay like you used to.
    S-E: YES BUT WHAT DO YOU WANT?
    Customer: WE just told you...
    S-E: NO WORRIES FAM HERE'S AN ACTION RPG WITH MEDIOCRE STORY AS REQUESTED!!
    Customer: B-but...uggh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I want more FANTASY in my Final Fantasy. Enough with this Sci-Fi bullshit. FF7 was the only technology based FF game I actually enjoyed, and that's just because the story blew it out of the water. Ten was much closer, but X-2 was more overkill.

I have completed every FF game that has been released in the states up to 13-1. I barely started 13-2, and I have never played anything beyond that (besides the 14 MMO, but that doesn't count). I'm just so tired of all the extreme sci-fi technology bullshit. Magitek doesn't need to be THAT mainstream.
    Final Fantasy has always had a lot of industrial tech/steampunk type things in it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    S-E: WHAT DO OUR CUSTOMERS WANT?!
    Customers: Just give us a pretty Turn Based RPG with good story and gameplay like you used to.
    S-E: YES BUT WHAT DO YOU WANT?
    Customer: WE just told you...
    S-E: NO WORRIES FAM HERE'S AN ACTION RPG WITH MEDIOCRE STORY AS REQUESTED!!
    Customer: B-but...uggh...

- - - Updated - - -

Final Fantasy has always had a lot of industrial tech/steampunk type things in it though.
    No, it hasn't. Not anywhere NEAR the extent that, say, 15 has in it. Did you just cherry pick through my post or bother reading through it? I want my mages in mage robes. I want my knights and paladins and such in plate armor. I want ninjas to look like freaking ninjas. I don't want a bunch of Japanese punk rock band members in yuppie clothing. Or driving fucking cars. What the hell. Airships I can deal with, because yeah, those have been a thing for quite a while now, but not the alien looking ones in 13. I don't want my summons to turn into fucking vehicles. I don't want towns looking futuristic like they do in 13 and 15. Does that get my point across better? I can't really think of any other way of putting it. More Lord of the Rings and less Blade Runner.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Nope I'm not at all sick of FFXV yet. I still play it when I have time and I actually would like them to do even more story content. Waiting until Dec for Ingis Episode is killing me though

I remember seeing a clip of the game play...and it was the 3 amigos riding around in a convertible. Being that I started the series with FF4 and 6, and sampled other Square/SE offerings of that era (Chrono Trigger in particular), I had the tilted head "dafuq is this?" expression going on.

Completely agree with you. I'm okay with certain aspects of sci-fi in the game if it helps the story along well. I thought it was something FF12 did pretty well. But since 13, it's just become the norm and to me, just doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy at all anymore.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, it hasn't. Not anywhere NEAR the extent that, say, 15 has in it. Did you just cherry pick through my post or bother reading through it? I want my mages in mage robes. I want my knights and paladins and such in plate armor. I want ninjas to look like freaking ninjas. I don't want a bunch of Japanese punk rock band members in yuppie clothing. Or driving fucking cars. What the hell. Airships I can deal with, because yeah, those have been a thing for quite a while now, but not the alien looking ones in 13. I don't want my summons to turn into fucking vehicles. I don't want towns looking futuristic like they do in 13 and 15. Does that get my point across better? I can't really think of any other way of putting it. More Lord of the Rings and less Blade Runner.
    The amount of Final Fantasy games with Steampunk/Industrial type Tech is greater than "knights and Wizards" type Final Fantasy.

The amount of Final Fantasy games with Steampunk/Industrial type Tech is greater than "knights and Wizards" type Final Fantasy.
    Mech =/= Korean boy band

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm having a hard time saying what I mean. steampunk/industrial is fine, but to a limit. None of the older FF games had technology to the extent that it is in 15 - lemme try this. In older games, tech was more rare. It was usually more the bad guys that had it than it was commonplace. And by older, I'm referring to pre-FF7. FF6 had the Magitek stuff, and that was the most heavily tech'd out game up until that point. Six is arguably one of the better games (I was never a fan), but it was sort of the precursor to tech being common in the FF worlds.

What I have a major issue with is with the high sci-fi that FF has become. I can't put my finger one where it started, but 12, 13, and 15 are all way too high tech.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm having a hard time saying what I mean. steampunk/industrial is fine, but to a limit. None of the older FF games had technology to the extent that it is in 15 - lemme try this. In older games, tech was more rare. It was usually more the bad guys that had it than it was commonplace. And by older, I'm referring to pre-FF7. FF6 had the Magitek stuff, and that was the most heavily tech'd out game up until that point. Six is arguably one of the better games (I was never a fan), but it was sort of the precursor to tech being common in the FF worlds.

What I have a major issue with is with the high sci-fi that FF has become. I can't put my finger one where it started, but 12, 13, and 15 are all way too high tech.
    12 is extremely close to the older types of FF like 1-6.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for another crystal chronicles only way I'll play another final fantasy.

I just wish they went back to their turn based tactics roots really... its what made them the name they are, not random spawning Rumahs that look awesome.

Divinity 2 is a huge success no reason final fantasy couldnt do better.

OI beat the game within a week of buying it and uninstalled the files from my PS4. I enjoyed the game well enough i guess, but have absolutely no desire to go back into it and play more. The game play was pretty lack luster, the story was average and the ending was a downer. The graphics were great though.

Yes I am over FFXV. I personally think they are milking it. I finished the main game and it's full of holes and unless you're really paying attention you can miss major events going on because it's stuff that happens in the background and not actually shown it directly. I can't remember what chapter it was but I did not realise the demon chasing me and slaughtering me was meant to be the old emperor dude from Kingsglaive, and even when they got to the throne and they showed his robes on the chair I didn't realise he had died. When I was running around in that section I thought I was in some kind of factory below the city I didn't realise I was actually in the enemy capital.... Not to mention I completely missed that the enemy capital had been demonised and nobody was left alive, apparently you find out from listening to the radio?? but still such a main plot point shouldn't be glossed over so much that you can completely miss it. So to make up with the fact that the story turned to poo at the end of the game they are releasing DLC content to fill the holes? said content should have been included in the main game to begin with not something you pay for and have to wait for them to release

Then we have a VR fishing game... I mean seriously? Why? Why did it specifically have to be a FFXV fishing game? Fishing was never a main focus of other than that Noctis liked it. FFXV Pocket Edition is just totally trying to milk the game. To re-release the whole thing again for mobile and dumb it down and make it far uglier makes no sense to me. I can't imagine too many people were actually asking for this. A PC version I can understand, a Switch Version I can understand (assuming it looks normal and it isn't using those stupid ugly graphics the mobile version is getting). The mobile port? uh... no

I would like Square to stop focussing on flogging FFXV which was average to begin with and focus on other projects.
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2017-09-28 at 02:55 AM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3