Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Apocalypse 9/23/2017

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I made it through the apocalypse today unharmed. Everyone else ok? Did anyone catch the news to make sure all our celebrities, politicians, and religious folk are still fine?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure this isn't heaven or that other place?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    They never invite me to these events :/

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What was this? Some kind of music event?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we got disconnected.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

yeah, of course, another fool disproven.

i don't understand why anyone would risk their reputation on this level. i guess they're legitimately mentally ill.

these end of the world prophecies are all total bs, especially if its anyone from a faith that reads the bible because it says right in revelation that no one knows when the end will come, not mankind, not the angels, not even Jesus - only god knows. So perhaps if these morons even bothered to read their own book they'd know that.

besides

if the world does end for whatever reason then wtf are we supposed to do about it? Jack shit that's what, we'll all die, that's it
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

religion trying to prove something = 10/10 LUL's

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well the Scion of the Dark Order did appear but realized he misstimed the prophecy and returned to the netherworld. I was a little let down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I got stuck in a traffic jam for 10 minutes on the way home from dinner. Clearly it was the apocalypse.

Planet X must have gotten lost

Deleted
    I just returned after a black man guided my to the throne of azathoth.

"No man knows the day nor the hour"

But I do though, I figured it out, God wasn't talking about me, because I'm smarter than him or something...

People need to check their Bibles before believing these claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, we were supposed to have another one of those again?...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    No way the apocalypse gonna be on my birthday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who was claiming the apocalypse now?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another end of the world event and I didn't hear about it? What is it, another one of those nutter preachers claiming it's the end of the world?

EDIT: Holy crap, I just read about it. Apparently some mysterious "planet X" was supposed to "enter the solar system" on the date of the eclipse (Aug 21). Crossing the entire solar system in a month is pretty damn quick, especially for a massive object like a planet, considering it takes LIGHT between 13-14 hours to do it. Some quick napkin math...the termination shock of the heliosphere (often defined as the edge of the solar system) is 94 AU (Earth's orbit being 1 AU). Light travels a little over 7 AU per hour. This is a rough guesstimate versus a detailed calculation, so my math may be off a wee bit but it's not that far off.

So apparently we were supposed to believe that a previously undiscovered planet was hurtling toward us at over 1% of the speed of light, and somehow noone would notice until it was too late. Hint: that's 100 times faster than Earth's orbit around the sun. These people need to get back on their meds.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-09-24 at 02:08 AM.

I wasn't aware of this prediction, so I looked it up:

Nibiru/Planet X will again collide with Earth, this time according to David Meade and Steve Jobs.[71]
    Plus a rare constellation alignment will start the Rapture[72]

Copied from https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_o...d#21st_century
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I wasn't aware of this prediction, so I looked it up:

Nibiru/Planet X will again collide with Earth, this time according to David Meade and Steve Jobs.[71]
    Plus a rare constellation alignment will start the Rapture[72]

Copied from https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_o...d#21st_century
    Nah Steve Jobs wouldn’t have wasted his time making ipads if he knew the world was coming to and end this soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Doomsday Prophecy? It was the Jehovah's Witnesses again? Or some other evangelical, pentecostist or whateverist self-proclaimed preacher?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    "No man knows the day nor the hour"

But I do though, I figured it out, God wasn't talking about me, because I'm smarter than him or something...

People need to check their Bibles before believing these claims.
    The irony of that statement is hilarious...