Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

For those wondering if you need Heart of Thorns to play Path of Fire...

...You don't! First things first - each xpac is a standalone experience, so you *can* play Path without HoT. But if you're wondering if Path of Fire still needs gliding or stuff like that to enjoy, the response is also negative.

The areas have being designed with mounts in mind, so, if you're still reluctant because of that, don't worry.

Gliding is still useful, ofc, but it's not necessary, and I've rarely used it so far. The only thing from HoT that I'm still using is my Daredevil.

Game on, champions!

Should also note that PoF has a gliding mount.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say you do, for the glider.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Actually my friend was able to complete the entirety of POF with me without having HOT, and we were able to do basically everything. I didn't once feel "we need the glider to do X" through the entire play-through of the story.

Would it have made getting some mastery points easier, earlier? Sure - but it is by no means required, and we weren't really at that much of a disadvantage because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Considering 2 mounts can pretty much glide not really no.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    The glider is awesome, that's the sole reason you need it.

Didn't mean you NEED it to do content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that it matters to me, but can you play HoT elite specializations?

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Not that it matters to me, but can you play HoT elite specializations?
    Nope... if you want to use any of the HoT specializations you need to get HoT. I'm not sure if you can play Revenant without HoT... I think you can but just use the Herald spec. Not for sure on that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Nope... if you want to use any of the HoT specializations you need to get HoT. I'm not sure if you can play Revenant without HoT... I think you can but just use the Herald spec. Not for sure on that one though.
    You don't heed HOT in order to play Revenant. I bought HOT for my friend and they could access the class without HOT, just not the elite specialization. Which.. honestly I'm glad they allowed anyone picking up POF to also have the revenant class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    You don't heed HOT in order to play Revenant. I bought HOT for my friend and they could access the class without HOT, just not the elite specialization. Which.. honestly I'm glad they allowed anyone picking up POF to also have the revenant class.
    Ah thanks that's good to know and yea it's really good they did that. Would have been kind of crappy to have to get HoT to play Revenant at all.

How about mastery "Fractal Attunements", Agonized Essence, Infusion Extraction Device?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    How about mastery "Fractal Attunements", Agonized Essence, Infusion Extraction Device?
    Those have no use outside of fractals and arent mandatory.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It's tied to Central Tyria mastery track, you can unlock it with Path of Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though