10+ Year Old Account

Just how great are these Mounts!

So cute, I love their abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts done right. I never realized that the "terrain gates" with mounts could be so damn awesome. I only have the Raptor and Rabbit right now, but I have the raptor upgraded to do super long jumps, and I went back to all the places in the 2nd map that had long jumps and found all kinds of sweet shit, I even found the path to get the Rabbit mount. Reminds me of Metroid games.

This is the best mounts have been done in an MMORPG ever. Having a lot of fun with these mounts.

I agree, it just feels different then WoW mounts. The animations, the steering, the abilities which add a lot to exploration. Each one feels unique.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They're indeed great. The bunny is my favourite - jumping is easy, fun, and rewards intelligence. Can't wait to try them in Vanilla Tyria!

10+ Year Old Account
    currently sitting on 3/5 for the hidden mount !
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Can't wait to try them in Vanilla Tyria!
    I haven't played much of the expansion yet but I spent a bit of time in Tyria and they are a godsend. No more runes for speed or talents for speed just to get around. From a QoL point of view they are the best thing since sliced bread. Amazing.

I really wish the dye channels were more extensive, but it's okay. Otherwise I'm enjoying everything but the skimmer really. Bunny is fun, but slower than raptor, and jackal is very neat, though more of a "this area is jackal only" way vibe to some of it. It was funny zipping around portals in the one place in the first zone, doing this, trying that. When I had to return for the egg, I realised how much easier the entire thing is with a Springer though. Just hop up and glide on over. Silly.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I've only really seen the ray/raptor, but hot damn did the animation team fucking nail it with the handful of idle animations I've seen for those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished the hidden mount last night and i must say it feels so nice having such mobility, but man raptor is just so good with its dash
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Pretty cool so far, though I've only unlocked the raptor at this point. Slow speed manuevers take some adjustment, as these mounts have weight / momentum feel to them. Outside of the occasional oddball animation, they're excellent.

What this game lacks in combat and actual open worldliness, it makes up for in how players interact with the environments, I'll give it that.

I'd honestly prefer it if they made the movement more fluid. Overall they are a great addition to the game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont remember GW2 looking that good.

I didn't expect to have so much fun with the skimmer.

Feels like Starfox

What I love about mounts in GW2: you can mount up while running through the map. No more standing still and losing valuable seconds. It's so fluid.

Last edited by Maarius; 2017-09-30 at 08:19 AM.