Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

do we need to farm AP daily to get 75 artifact level @Antorus launch?

edit: @JohnRoads fixed math

Im not that into math but since many said we can just chill at Artifact level 66 , I decided to double check it.

Assuming that 7.3.5 aka antorus is released at 14. November:

from artifact level 66 to 75 we need 875b-ish AP

if we farm 27.4b this week and 27.4*1,3 the following weeks (aka next week 35,6b, the week after 46,28b... etc), we'll be at 877b on heroic antorus launch.
    We will get about 32b total from weekly chest. (forgot what difficulty was necessary to get 1b ap in this weeks chest but it was +10-12 range)
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2017-09-25 at 02:00 PM.

Yes to get 75 you really have to try hard it, it's not a passive or automatic thing you'll get. Think I'm getting about 5b a day with current AK from doing all WQ's + invasions + daily heroic. Then ofc do all the usual content like m0s, raiding, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    Im not that into math but since many said we can just chill at Artifact level 66 , I decided to double check it.

Assuming that 7.3.5 aka antorus is released at 14. November:

from artifact level 66 to 75 we need 1137.4billion ap

if we farm 30b this week and 30*1,3 the following weeks (aka next week 39b, the week after 50,7b... etc), we'll get about 960.45b.
    We will get 32b from weekly chest. (forgot what difficulty was necessary to get 1b ap in this weeks chest)

so we're at 992.45b, still missing 144,95b

question is: how much ap can we farm each day realistically w/o extra effort? (worldquests, invasions etc)
    we basically need to figure it out for this week and multiply it by 1,3 all following weeks

so yea, as it seems we will only get 75 in one specc if we go all in and farm daily until 14th november
    First off you're claiming to know the date of when Antorus is coming out when nobody is sure. So you shouldn't do that.

Secondly, you'll get 75 very easily by just WQing every day before November if you actually put the time into your artifact.

I cancelled my sub until something new other than AP grinding comes out. (M+ and Raids got boring at this point)

ap is a joke. the system should've been scrapped long before implementation

Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    ap is a joke. the system should've been scrapped long before implementation
    AP is a huge success, keeps the average player playing. Nobody cares about 0,1% mythic raiders that want everything at once ASAP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    First off you're claiming to know the date of when Antorus is coming out when nobody is sure. So you shouldn't do that.
    well so far it was always 77 days inbetween major patches in legion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ed_exactly_77/

it's prob the safest date to go by if u wanna do calculations

well so far it was always 77 days inbetween major patches in legion
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ed_exactly_77/

it's prob the safest date to go by if u wanna do calculations
    They're never going to release a raid/mythic race so close to a major holiday, they're all going to be out of the office and the raid will be buggy like raids always are. The 77 day will not apply this time around, guaranteed. So no, it isn't the "safest date", especially considering Mythic would open the WEEK OF the holiday.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2017-09-25 at 12:12 PM.

I never farmed AP.. so no, you don't "need" to do this. Unless you are in a mythic progression guild... but hey, that is your choice.

They're never going to release a raid/mythic race so close to a major holiday, they're all going to be out of the office and the raid will be buggy like raids always are. The 77 day will not apply this time around, guaranteed.
    Saving for later

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I never farmed AP.. so no, you don't "need" to do this. Unless you are in a mythic progression guild... but hey, that is your choice.
    He obviously isn't aiming the question at people like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I speculate that antorous Normal will be "tuned" for 66 points and Heroic for 69 points. Mythic will open weeks after that and you'll have enough time to farm more if the crucible and extra concordance procs are the only thing keeping you from kill.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    Need to do? Yeah, if you want to. Otherwise you can also play the game the way you like and get it at some later point.

Secondly, you'll get 75 very easily by just WQing every day before November if you actually put the time into your artifact.
    First off, you're assuming authority and assuming moral standing when you have neither. So you shouldn't do that. He is obviously just trying to set a sort of expected estimated date of the release of the raid for his overal point of how slow or grindy it is to gain AP before the raid comes out.

Secondly, that is way, way way too many WQ's. It's mind numbing for me, personally.

TL;DR if consistently doing the basic content, so a ToS clear, weekly chest, the big ap world quests and a few things here and there, you get about 1.5 traits a week,
    If you're doing that, you'd be like 64 now, and should hit around 74 by antorus assuming pretty low effort being put in.

So spend a few days putting above minimum effort, and you should be 75 in 1 spec easy by then.

- - - Updated - - -

First off you're claiming to know the date of when Antorus is coming out when nobody is sure. So you shouldn't do that..
    I mean, why shouldn't he? Nothing wrong with estimating when a patch arrives, and it's quite a safe bet, 77 days after the prior, like previous have been, and shortly after Blizzcon.

There's typically some interesting thing that comes out in the week/weeks after Blizzcon, "Suprise, patch is next week" "Hype, expansion in blah weeks" "New game in blah weeks" "Hearthstone expansion next week!" like it's just a blizz thing to have big things show after Blizzcon.

No harm in using a relatively safe estimated date as a way to work out ap needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Secondly, that is way, way way too many WQ's. It's mind numbing for me, personally.
    Doesn't end up being many wqs, instead of doing all of them, just do the big ones (100mil+ if you're bored, but typically atm 170mil+) and clear ToS once a week, do a weekly m+, easy, minimum effort and not too much time spent in wqs.

Deleted
    They're never going to release a raid/mythic race so close to a major holiday [...]

They're never going to release a raid/mythic race so close to a major holiday,
    The 14th of November, you have decided is too close? Lmao..

WoTLK release - November 13, 2008
    Cata release - December 7, 2010 <--- <--- <---
    Patch 4.3.0 - November 29th, 2011
    Patch 5.1.0 - November 27th, 2012
    Warlords release - November 13, 2014
    Highmaul opened - December 2nd, 2014 <--- <--- <---

But no mate, please tell us more about how November 14th is too early.

Yeah i think its around 5-6 months for raids? It should be around end of Nov. I just hit 66 and it seems to be about 1 lvl a week. But really havent been "farming" as much as before since I am not chasing legendaries anymore. Should get close to 75 by raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    TL;DR if consistently doing the basic content, so a ToS clear, weekly chest, the big ap world quests and a few things here and there, you get about 1.5 traits a week,
    If you're doing that, you'd be like 64 now, and should hit around 74 by antorus assuming pretty low effort being put in.

So spend a few days putting above minimum effort, and you should be 75 in 1 spec easy by then.
    THis isn't really how it works, because both AP and AK increase by 30%ish per trait and week respectively everyone will plateau to about a trait per week assuming there base AP collection is relatively consistent.

To answer OPs question I'd say if your not farming AP somewhat aggressively you will probably end up getting 75 after Antorus opens though probably not too long after. I assumed the same release date of Nov 14th and I expect to just about get 75 in time for release. I sweep up all the high AP WQs each day(anything over 100m), run maybe 5-6 15 ish M+ keys, bonus all the AP missions and run ToS each week. I'm about 5-6 highest AP collector in my raid group with that but there are people who literally get more than double the AP I do in a given week.

I don't think its something to give too much concern to though, if 75 is really a necessity for Antorus blizzard might give a helping hand with faster AK or raid might come a bit later, but realistically I don't think the 1 extra base trait is going to be a difference maker except in cutting edge mythic which comes a week later anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    To answer OPs question I'd say if your not farming AP somewhat aggressively you will probably end up getting 75 after Antorus opens
    A big part of this, is what is peoples idea of "aggressively" Some people find the fact they have to do anything they wouldn't normally do for non-ap reasons, aggressive, some find doing more than tos+weekly+wqs aggressive, some find that up until m+ farming, it's not aggressive

Can't be arsed. Heroic is unlikely to be tuned for level 75 artifacts.

If you're a week 1 Mythic raider, you're probably as far ahead as most of your competition. The last few weeks is where any important grinding will be done.