Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Older bear models (mounts, etc) need updating more than Goblins do. You're covered in higher polygon count armor anyway.
    They did update most bear npcs, but I don't think blizz will revamp mounts that easily as it'd outrage more then a npc change.

Race model change at least can be forced, as in "we can't make goblin/worgen monks without new models" or something...

Now obviously this excuse would be hard to accept, as monks for most races existed pre-WoD I suppose.

And people in hell want ice water.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    My green scum is not worth his shekels. I want fancy animations, better legs, and everything better overall. Schlomo deserves it and so do I. Blizzard fucks are taking their sweet lazy time and like real corrupted fucks are waiting for new expansion to make it a selling point. Worgens should get new models too, I allow it.
    At least you're not acting like a petulant child about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    goblins and worgen were made with old tech. they are trash, but it is less visible because of their short legs and hands. still, they are plastic not bombastic
    The playable goblins are made with the newer setups.

@Eleccybubb showed a lovely picture of the old ones.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Actually no. Goblins were made with newer tech.

Old model. Looks nothing like the Goblin player model at all.
    No, they were not. The first race made with new tech were Pandaren which Blizzard said themselves. Goblins pre cata were just shit but it does not mean they were made with different tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The playable goblins are made with the newer setups.

@Eleccybubb showed a lovely picture of the old ones.
    Nope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    At least you're not acting like a petulant child about it.
    Yes. I'm glad you have noticd it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    You allow it? Thank you for your permission! LOL.

Yes, lazy blizzard artists... Argus must've taken them a weekend, its heresay!
    You are welcome.

Goblins pre-Cata had way funnier voices.

That is all.

No, they were not. The first race made with new tech were Pandaren which Blizzard said themselves. Goblins pre cata were just shit but it does not mean they were made with different tech.

Nope.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I'm glad you have noticd it.

- - - Updated - - -

You are welcome.
    Considering the goblins have things like hands that don't look they were super glued like some of the old racial models did then yes they were made with new tech. Try harder next time.

It might not have been Pandaren tech but it was most certainly newer than what any old model used. You really want to claim the Goblin player model tech is the same used to create those old models that used 2004 assets?

You really want to sit there and say those 2 models use the exact same tech? Because that is laughable at best and shows you have no idea how model design even works.

At this point all your thread consists of is ranting because you aren't getting what you want.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-25 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Considering the goblins have things like hands that don't look they were super glued then yes they were made with new tech. Try harder next time.

It might not have been Pandaren tech but it was most certainly newer than what any old model used. You really want to claim the Goblin player model tech is the same used to create those old models that used 2004 assets?

You really want to sit there and say those 2 models use the exact same tech? Because that is laughable at best and shows you have no idea how model design even works.
    You appear to be lost. 'New tech' refers to Pandaren+ models only as that is when Blizz used that phrase 'new technology'. Of course that goblins have new models, just like Blood/High Elves received new models in TBC.

Try harder next time.

You appear to be lost. 'New tech' refers to Pandaren+ models only as that is when Blizz used that phrase 'new technology'. Of course that goblins have new models, just like Blood/High Elves received new models in TBC.

Try harder next time.
    Only one who appears to be lost is you here. If you really want to claim Goblin and Worgen are using the same assets/tech that are from 2004 go for it. Shows you have no idea about how model design worked as I said.

Worgen do actually use their old model but with serious revamps. Because it's easier in that situation to use an already existing model and touch it up to a 2010 standard. Goblins though were built from scratch for this model although it's rumoured that they use a Dwarf Skeleton as the base.

When you want to have an actual discussion though I'm happy to. Right now it just seems to be you throwing your toys out of the pram over something as insignificant as a model that is 7 years old and compared to the old racial models has held up quite well except for clipping issues on Worgen which will never be fixed.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-25 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Only one who appears to be lost is you here. If you really want to claim Goblin and Worgen are using the same assets/tech that are from 2004 go for it. Shows you have no idea about how model design worked as I said.

Worgen do actually use their old model but with serious revamps. Because it's easier in that situation to use an already existing model and touch it up to a 2010 standard. Goblins though were built from scratch for this model although it's rumoured that they use a Dwarf Skeleton as the base.

When you want to have an actual discussion though I'm happy to.
    Ok. You are lost. confirmed. Sad. I did not say such thing, but I'm glad you go out your way with your narration to make yourself look less like a fool. Giggles

New tech refers to pandaren+ models only, because of the drastic change in polygon counts and animation fidelity. When you educate yourself, then please, do not hesitate to come back.

Ok. You are lost. confirmed. Sad. I did not say such thing, but I'm glad you go out your way with your narration to make yourself look less like a fool. Giggles

New tech refers to pandaren+ models only, because of the drastic change in polygon counts and animation fidelity. When you educate yourself, then please, do not hesitate to come back.
    Says the guy throwing a tantrum because he doesn't understand how model design works.

Deleted
    Says the guy throwing a tantrum because he doesn't understand how model design works.
    New tech in this context refers specifically to pandaren+. I'm sorry that you are lost and desperately seek for confirmation. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest a test; log on - emote with a goblin. If the various parts of its facial structure are moving --- that is the "new tech", which is just engineer speak for new models with more rigpoints.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.
    I am pretty sure the Goblins and Worgen was made with a newer model setup, than the old. I wasn't talking tech.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

When you want to have an actual discussion though I'm happy to. Right now it just seems to be you throwing your toys out of the pram over something as insignificant as a model that is 7 years old and compared to the old racial models has held up quite well except for clipping issues on Worgen which will never be fixed.
    No one is talking about how well they hold up though. They aren't up to the same standard of the latest models, which use higher res textures and use more bones in their skeletons than classic models. While the Worgen and Goblin models are newer than vanilla, they were still based on the same character model standard that existed prior to MoP's introduction of Pandarens. So while you can argue that it's newer than 2004, it's not on par with the current standard for character models that had been set by MoP Pandarens. That is where the line of new and old tech is drawn, and we even saw this being developed during MoP with Garrosh's new model with full facial anims and updated textures that map the head separately from the bodies. Worgen and Goblins still use the old standard for models and animations.

While Goblins had a facelift with new model and textures, they weren't upgraded with the latest standard of tech for characters. They didn't get a true technical improvement, they got an aesthetic improvement with minor techincal upgrades based on Player Character standards (ie extra bones to support transfer of Player Character animations). Sure this is semantics, but in context of discussion, minor technical improvements isn't what the OP was referring to as 'newer tech'.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-09-25 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey atleast they don't have as bad as models as Worgen. Created the same time still superior. Sad for the wolfmen.

But yes they do need an upgrade!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am pretty sure the Goblins and Worgen was made with a newer model setup, than the old. I wasn't talking tech.
    Well, of course these were newer models than vanilla ones. They came out laters, but still caveman quality. What Thimagryn said below you is cool.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Unbreakable View Post
    i want a tauren rogue and tauren demon hunter while we are listing what we want
    They'd rather make Jaina a lich or dreadlord than make all race/class combos equal and balanced.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I want one billion dollars

You will probably wont see much of a diference.

The updated models in Cata are pretty good actually, the difference will be extreme slightly. Is not the same update as Cata vs Vanilla.

Just as this one.

Vanilla vs Cata

Cata vs Legion
    OBEY THE PUG!