15+ Year Old Account

Consoles are truly B grade compared to PC gaming

People are most likely going to slam me for this but this is my opinion after being 20 years on PC and suddenly switching to console.
    I sold my PC in July. It was a 4k gaming machine with 1080Ti and water cooling which cost me €1500 (the total cost for it was above €5000)
    I figured that I'm losing too much money on it the older it gets and I'm only playing indie games on it.
    So why not just swap to PS4 and try some of the exclusives? I actually already had PS4 Pro which I bought in January 2017 to play Horizon and Destiny 2 (later got announced for PC as well lol).

I even went as far to buy XIM 4. Which is a fantastic (although too expensive imo) thingy which makes me able to play PS4 games like Overwatch and Destiny 2 with a keyboard and mouse, a much better combo than gamepad.

Aaaand here's the thing.

PS store sucks.
    I mean, really, sucks balls.
    - First of all the reviews are non existant. You only see ratings out of 5. Dafuq?
    - The game description is so vague you more often than not have no idea what it's about. Is it a RPG? Or adventure? Or something in between? The "features" list on games like on Steam are usually not there, unless the game is multiplatform and it's already on Steam or something.
    - The download speed! Oh boy! Steam can max out my 250mbit connection and I can download things at 35mb/sec. PS4 doesn't show the download speed, but it's maybe 50mbit/s, that's slooooooooooooow.

The games are obviously uglier and lack depth PC games have. Destiny 2 is primarily a console game. And as a console game, it's great. But as a PC game, it's nothing special.
    I clocked about 500+ hours in Rocket League on Steam, playing with Xbox controller. When I switched to PS4 Pro, I was like "why is everything so ugly?", even the PS4 controller is inferiour to XBOX one (my finger always seem to slide away from the sticks on PS4, never happened with XBOX).
    But I really shouldn't complain about visual quality here. I'm comparing a €400 console to €5000 PC. Destiny looks great (for a console game), Horizon looks great (for a console game).

Game developers do their best (most of the time) when it comes to console games. But Sony should be ashamed because their store is an absolute garbage!
    Shame on you Sony!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    But Sony should be ashamed because their store is an absolute garbage!
    Shame on you Sony!!!
    You should never look at the XBOX store or XBOX UI, then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    You should never look at the XBOX store or XBOX UI, then.
    Well maybe so, I have never seen XBOX UI or their store, but I never really bothered with XBOX as Microsoft usually release XBOX exclusives on PC.
    And about PS UI, yeah it's pretty and fluid, I like it (although I would like more customization like a second or third row of games).

First off: PC Vs Console threads are not allowed.

Second: you compared a $5000 PC (You claim you have) to a Console....

Third: you then proceed to shit on the PS Store because it doesn't have a better review system and more detail's of games. You do realize there is a drop down menu on each game in the store so you can read details on it right?

Forth: Horizon looks great (for a console game) please give me a list of games that looks better then Horizon that is PC exclusive. Because graphic wise it can stand toe to toe with most if not all games.

Finally: This thread just screams console bashing for the sake of console bashing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    (although I would like more customization like a second or third row of games).
    You can make folder's and put games in them, allowing you to catalogues them.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Finally: This thread just screams console bashing for the sake of console bashing.
    Because they deserve to be bashed for being so inferior. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nintendo's the only half-decent console-maker because they have tons of exclusives, plus you can't beat that Switch portability. Best idea from a console since... well, since ever really.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but how are you going to play Red Dead Redemption 2 without a PS4?!

Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Nintendo's the only half-decent console because they have tons of exclusives, plus you can't beat that Switch portability.
    I'm happy with my 2DS when it comes to portability. Smash, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and all my DS titles that are backwards compatible for when my normal DS is on charge. I still do Brain Training every so often because it's something relaxing.

As for consoles I'm more than happy with my PS4/XB1. I have my AAA titles and Indie stuff on there whereas my PC is mostly MMOS/Indie games. Neither of the 3 systems has done me any wrong and I thoroughly enjoy playing on them just as much as I do on my retro stuff.

Never understood these whole "pc master race" people. Load of elitist bullshit if you ask me over something as simple as gaming.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-25 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm happy with my 2DS when it comes to portability.
    Nyeh. I haven't been a fan of the DS/3DS personally, especially when the DS was in its horrible transition similar from SNES to N64, everything being weird and janky 3D or the awkward 2.5D they love to do a lot as well.

That said, being able to go from playing a game to going to a friend's house and not even having to turn off the console is just awesome and I really hope future generations of consoles go down this route.

As for consoles I'm more than happy with my PS4/XB1. I have my AAA titles and Indie stuff on there whereas my PC is mostly MMOS/Indie games. Neither of the 3 systems has done me any wrong and I thoroughly enjoy playing on them just as much as I do on my retro stuff.
    Hey, more power to you if you enjoy using a console. I like customization and a lot of the time, a controller is vastly inferior for some games (pretty much every first-person view game); a mouse & keyboard is the way to go for those. Plus, well, you have a way larger library of games.

If money isn't an issue, you do get the best of both worlds though.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Seeing how nether PC nore Console is 100% better then the other, That means nether is inferior to the other ether.

Both platforms have pro's and cons.

Pro Tip: Don't fanboy something it makes you look like a ass.

- - - Updated - - -

a mouse & keyboard is the way to go for those. Plus, well, you have a way larger library of games.
    Consoles support KB&M and yes PC does have a way larger library of games, That is due to shitty EA/Green Lit games.

Console doesn't have many of those (but does have a couple).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

If money isn't an issue, you do get the best of both worlds though.
    If money weren't an issue I'd be driving a Tesla

I just think it's sad if you feel a need to flaunt your "superiority" because you play on a different system.

Simple as that really. If anything it just makes you look really desperate to be noticed and petulant at best.

I just think it's sad if you feel a need to flaunt your "superiority" because you play on a different system.

Simple as that really. If anything it just makes you look really desperate to be noticed and petulant at best.
    100% agree and those people miss out on great games on both platforms.

Seeing how nether PC nore Console is 100% better then the other, That means nether is inferior to the other ether.
    In certain categories, PC definitely does 100% better than Console at a ton of things. Consoles have their merits but they don't have as many.

Pro Tip: Don't fanboy something it makes you look like a ass.
    It's not really "fanboying something" when it's not a specific product. My computer was built by my own two hands, but okay.

Consoles support KB&M
    Do they support every KB&M or only specially made ones for their consoles? If the latter, that's horribly anti-consumer.

and yes PC does have a way larger library of games, That is due to shitty EA/Green Lit games.

Console doesn't have many of those (but does have a couple).
    No it's because there's so much more you can do with a PC due to the assumption that everyone using a PC has a KB&M, plus some games simply can't run on a console. It has nothing to do with a shitty publisher (who actually tends to make deals with console-makers to have exclusives or timed-exclusives, so you can blame publishers for that bullshit)

100% agree and those people miss out on great games on both platforms.
    Oh I couldn't give two shits what people buy. Their money and their decision.

Just boring to see this whole "hurr durr pc master race" circlejerk. It's just sad that you have to shit on someone for playing on a different system.

Yeah, PC vs. Console threads don't go well and are against the rules, and that's essentially what this thread is. Closing.