Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Can you please remove Pawn and simply use the Raid bots top gear function and check yourself?

Stat weights are useless now that, that site exists, just keep using top gear and wear the top ones if you cant understand the class yourself, not an insult, just an advice to make things easier for you.

The simming counts the melandrus 10%, you dont have to do anything apart from using "Top Gear" tool to determine your upgrades.

Also in the end its up to you and how well you understand the class.

Example for me:

Gearset 1 and 25% crit but 38% mastery = 1.452K DPS.
    Gearset 2 with different ring and 21% crit and 45% mastery = 1.450K DPS

I wont lose so much % of Mastery from my burst phase in AoE fights because it sims 2kDPS more in single target out of 1.450.000 million while it will make me lose DPS on every other situation.
    Other people in this thread say pawn isn't useless.

I've got the correct weights in pawn but top gear on raidbots is differing from pawn on both a chest I have and the rings.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know which I should trust. You say just trust top gear. Plenty of other people are saying trust pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post

I've got the correct weights in pawn but top gear on raidbots is differing from pawn on both a chest I have and the rings.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know which I should trust. You say just trust top gear. Plenty of other people are saying trust pawn.
    You need to trust yourself in the ability to play the class, and from your words its obvious you dont, again not insulting, its hard for some to understand how certain things work.

Simulation gives you an average of a Single target fight after 600 seconds.

Most fights do not last that long.

You will not play perfectly.

There arent that many actual Single Target only fights in the game.

Therefor Simcraft is good, and useless at the same time, you must learn when to do what if you want results, and as i explained myself in the previous post.

Losing 400K DPS in AoE burst from the % of mastery, isnt worth the 2k DPS i lose from Single Target if i choose to go with more crit than mastery.

Fury Warrior in its certain form works with "Cheesing burst phases" because of Battle Cry mostly and how some trinkets scale with it.

It doesnt matter what you Sim, if you dont know when to use what efficiently.

The simulations you provide are below 1% difference, aka no actual difference, 1% can be within margin of error, therefor ignored.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-09-27 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You need to trust yourself in the ability to play the class, and from your words its obvious you dont, again not insulting, its hard for some to understand how certain things work.

Simulation gives you an average of a Single target fight after 600 seconds.

Most fights do not last that long.

You will not play perfectly.

There arent that many actual Single Target only fights in the game.

Therefor Simcraft is good, and useless at the same time, you must learn when to do what if you want results, and as i explained myself.
    I know how to play fury, for the most part. That's separate from understanding stats. I'm not good with math related things. That's not knowing 'how to play the class'.

I understand that if I don't play perfectly then sims don't matter, that's irrelevant though. If I CAN pick the best items through simming then I should. It can only help. What I need help with, and am improving at through this thread, is understanding the stats and how the simming works.

From my perspective pawn is telling me one thing and raidbots an other.

I know how to play fury, for the most part. That's separate from understanding stats. I'm not good with math related things. That's not knowing 'how to play the class'.

I understand that if I don't play perfectly then sims don't matter, that's irrelevant though. If I CAN pick the best items through simming then I should. It can only help. What I need help with, and am improving at through this thread, is understanding the stats and how the simming works.

Explained above as i wasnt done cause editing :3

The lesson people are ultimately trying to give you is that Pawn can be useful provided you understand how stat weights work and the limitations associated with them.

And if you are ever in doubt as to who to trust, then you trust the Theorycrafters like Archimtiros. These are people who know what they are talking about and have a greater understanding than 99.8% of the playerbase.

And to quote Archimtiros on this very subject from his own FAQ:

""Should I just sim my own stat weights?"

"Yes, it's important to understand the general relationship between stats, but when presented with multiple stats with very similar values, stat weights can often be misleading, since a strong weight may not always stay strong. It's arguably more important to understand the trends that stats follow - in Fury's case, Haste tends to be the strongest stat, followed closely by Mastery, unless using the Soul of the Battlelord, in which case Mastery is valued more.

This is why "sim your own stat weights to find out which is best for you" is horrible advice - stat weights only show a snapshot in time, and may not project far enough ahead to give an accurate assessment of long-term growth, nor do they account for trading one stat for another. " "

Read it carefully. Several times if you need to until you comprehend what he has said.

Now that you have understood this you should see why a simulation that compares gear is going to be more accurate than an addon like Pawn which is, in essence, a simple calculator.

- - - Updated - - -

And you should always follow SimC or Raidbots over Pawn as SimC is the source of values used by Pawn. You tell Pawn bad information which is easy enough to do then Pawn will return an incorrect result everytime. You tell SimC incorrect information and it will still give a better guideline than Pawn will.

SimC/Raidbots are models, Pawn is a calculator.

And do not get to worked up over fight lengths etc since this can vary a lot depending on the group and how they perform on the day.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2017-09-28 at 02:48 AM.