Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My theory is that Aurene will absorb the power and become some neutral god power thing that sacrificed herself to power the world.

Of course, that leaves what enemies will be next after that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay. I am dumb as I must have missed it for some reason, but why I am suddenly told we can not kill Elder Dragons anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Okay. I am dumb as I must have missed it for some reason, but why I am suddenly told we can not kill Elder Dragons anymore?
    Oh you missed a lot then...To begin the elder dragons are forces of nature like tides and earthquakes. They are in essence giant magic batteries that absorb magic when theres too much of it and leak magic when they sleep. The problem is that they have no regard for lesser beings during their feeding cycles, thus causing destruction where they go.

When Zhaitan was killed we saw Tequatl get stronger but did not understand why that happened.

Mordremoth wakes up and considerably stronger than Zhaitan for some unknown reason. Hey maybe he just lifts more right? But some other stuff didnt add up like aspects of Zhaitans magic showing up in the jungle (less so in other regions).

So we kill Mordremoth and everything is good right? Wrong! Killing Mordremoth released a ton of dragon magic into the world. Luckily Aurene was close buy to absorb some of it but a lot of it ended up being absorbed into the deep reaches of the jungle (connected to the raids and Balthazar) or by the other dragons.

In LS3 we saw how quickly the problem was getting out of hand. Primos and Jormags minions were not only exponentially stronger but clearly displaying powers they absorbed from the two slain dragons. On top of that the actual elder dragons received a huge bump and power, once awake but docile, they were now actively feeding and on the move like Zhaitan and Mordremoth were.

So at the end of LS3 we confirmed the theory thay killing a dragon only gives the others more power (along with releasing chaotic dragon magic). We also learned that Balthazar was exploiting the nature of the dragons to absorb their engery for his agenda...so instead of killing Jormag and Primo we put them to sleep to at least contain their energy within them.

POF comes, Balthazar runs off to the desert to kill Kalk so he can absorb Kalks energy. Well we now know thats a trash idea. At the the same time Kalk, who was already one of the stronger dragons, is supercharged by the deaths of Zhaitan and Mordremoth. He is probably getting more "food" due to Jormag and Primo being asleep as well.

We kill Balthazar...well it turns out that the human gods expel their power kind of like dragons so now Kalk has the power of 2 dead dragons and a dead god...and an impressionable scion in his captivity.

I wouldnt be surprised if they dont write off the water dragon during LS4 (which is coming sooner than the other seasons did) with Kalk just one shotting it on its way to Cantha.

Thats my theory form xpax 3 btw. LS4 deals with fighting the now free Joko and chasing down Kalk. Kalk kills "Steve" (or the commander subdues it) then chase Kalk to Cantha. We kill Kalk and have Aurene absorb his energy, thus becoming the domesticated elder dragon.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    *Snip*
    Thanks for explanation.

I just came back for PoE and was wondering if I wasn't paying attention or something as there was no explanation given in the moment. I didn't play most of Living Story, but from the bits in PoE I realised who and what might be important and could at least get vague idea of story before that.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    and an impressionable scion in his captivity.
    Do we know that she's in Kralk's custody? She's in some Branded area it seems, but then half of Elona is Branded, right?

I wouldnt be surprised if they dont write off the water dragon during LS4 (which is coming sooner than the other seasons did) with Kalk just one shotting it on its way to Cantha.
    I doubt Kralk will go to Cantha, but if we imprison him in Elona, then Cantha and the water dragon would be the next logical expac. Or, even better, we take care of Kralk, and "feel" the release of the Water magic as "something" just killed it and absorbed most of it's magic.

Thats my theory form xpax 3 btw. LS4 deals with fighting the now free Joko and chasing down Kalk. Kalk kills "Steve" (or the commander subdues it) then chase Kalk to Cantha. We kill Kalk and have Aurene absorb his energy, thus becoming the domesticated elder dragon.
    I think Aurene will sacrifice herself to become an unliving energy modulator, rather than some benevolent personality.

I'd prefer if the Asura just came forward and said "uh, guys, we did some calculations and the Eternal Alchemy was right, you humans were really overcomplicating stuff, and we just made the waypoints into regulators..."

10+ Year Old Account
    If Aurene is in the new Brand (I dont know what else to call to call it but the stuff in core Tyria and Elona are very different) then she is she is pretty much Kalks captive.

Im really hoping we have to actually confront Kalk, he is too powerful and has too much lore for him to go out like Jormag and Primo.

I'd think Primordus and Jormag have a lot more lore than Kralk, aside from Promordus being around so long and tied to the Asura's history, Jormag is pretty central.

And the problem with that cutscene is that the Brand effect is over so much, but obviously in the actual game that areas not Brand, so... where actually did it happen? What did it change?

I don't think Kralk can Brand Aurene, has to straight up kill her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'd think Primordus and Jormag have a lot more lore than Kralk, aside from Promordus being around so long and tied to the Asura's history, Jormag is pretty central.

And the problem with that cutscene is that the Brand effect is over so much, but obviously in the actual game that areas not Brand, so... where actually did it happen? What did it change?

I don't think Kralk can Brand Aurene, has to straight up kill her.
    In GW1 they have a lot of lore. 80% of GW2s story can be traced to Kalk.

Thr core story is trying to get Destinys Edge back together to help kill Zhaitan. DE is in shambles because of their lost against Kalk.

The Charr wont let you forget the Brand.

LS2 - HOT was partically spent chasing down his kid(?) grandkid(?), he was also the next target before Mordremoth woke up.

Balthazar started a war with Kalk. Jormag and Primo didnt do much in GW2. R

Jormag has driven the Norn more than Kralk has driven the Charr. Primordus hasn't done much lately, but has a much bigger history of things. Kralk really hasn't done much of anything in GW2 between the prequel story of Destiny's Edge and PoF. Zhaitan's main impact was the flooding with the rise of Orr.

I believe it was both the rise of Orr and the actions of the water dragon that cut off Cantha.

So yeah, Kralk is important because he's our current focus, but I wouldn't place too much emphasis on his continued role.

Deleted
    I'm the only one to cried at the Departure mission ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellofrag View Post
    I'm the only one to cried at the Departure mission ?
    Yup, just you. :-p

I liked the mission well enough, but the mechanics of both big fights ruined it for me. Plus the instance dropping a few times and having to redo.