Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Looks like they changed Enraged Maim on the PTR (build 25135). Notes cited on front page MMO-C suggests that Enraged Maim will now have a 5 sec duration, still be an incapacitate, have a 10 sec CD but will NOT cost any combo points.

That seems more reasonable to me.

Now, the problem is that we will have to live with an over-nerf for quite some time. Why the hell can’t they just revert it with a hot fix, when they apparently have concluded that they overdid it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    Looks like they changed Enraged Maim on the PTR (build 25135). Notes cited on front page MMO-C suggests that Enraged Maim will now have a 5 sec duration, still be an incapacitate, have a 10 sec CD but will NOT cost any combo points.

That seems more reasonable to me.

Now, the problem is that we will have to live with an over-nerf for quite some time. Why the hell can’t they just revert it with a hot fix, when they apparently have concluded that they overdid it?
    Looks a bit much like the old version, which they considered too strong, would expect to see a larger cd on it if it were to come back like that.

Feral has never been allowed to remain competitive for longer than a month or two. Remember when ferals first got decent damage at the very start of TBC? Bad warriors and rogues bawled their eyes out about how they couldn't simply tunnelvision bears down anymore, so Blizzard cut their damage in half and removed all scaling from bear abilities, crippling ferals for the rest of the expansion. Same story again when Blizz removed root-breaking from shape-shifting, etc. No other spec gets such drastic nerfs for no good reason all the time.

Even with the damage buffs ferals were still less dangerous than warriors, deathknights, demon hunters and perhaps ret paladins. In anything larger than 2v2 they were still a super risky glass cannon. The solution would be to merge feral and guardian into one spec again and make a true hybrid.

I also believe Feral was over-nerfed with these changes - and I still think that Enraged Maim should be changed yet again, so we won’t use CP on it (the reduced duration and extended CD can remain).

But when looking at the current EU 3v3 ladder (as of yesterday), Druids are heavily represented. 22 of the top 100 are Druids. Of those 22, several were Feral. In fact, it was a fairly even split between Feral, Balance and Resto.

Now, I have been following the top 100 3v3 stats for quite some time. Druids are, as of this moment, incredibly strong if measured by representation in 3v3. What I would like is for Feral to have some added survivability, so we could do better in large-scale PvP. But right now, we are doing pretty good in 3v3.

Deleted
    Feral was a lot better before they took cat and bear apart