Thread: Holy Questions

Holy Questions

Hi,

I just did my first raid last night as a holy paladin. I used wow analyzer to get some feedback, and feel like CD usage is the biggest thing that I am missing the ball on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...Z#type=healing

We 3 healed with 13 people, so obviously overhealing was a factor, but even so, I am finding it difficult to determine when to use HA, AW and AM.

HA and AW last for a decent chunk of time, and it seems that most fights tend to have only short burst windows of damage that makes me feel like using the CD is a waste.

Would some more experienced mythic raiders mind giving some feedback on how you approach using these cooldowns, especially in ToS?

Thanks

Deleted
    Use them as often as you can without overhealing yourself or sniping. Rarely want them to be on cooldown for longer than 1 minute at a time.

Deleted
    Heroic doesn't have enough damage really to justify 3 healing a 13 player group apart from Desolate Host (2 spirit, 1 corporeal)

As a spot healer this reflects on hpallys the most. Unless other healers die early on you can't expect great throughput in HC with your setup.

For a comparison, we heal HC KJ also with 3 healers, but our group is between 18 and 21.

Hpally starts shining in mythic where there's enough single target damage we excel at.

Regarding CD usage, poster above me was spot on, nothing really to add.