Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The PS Vita was long lived, but I thought they would have moved toward unifying their game catalog with Android and iOS, the Xperia Play was an interesting device. Nintendo released an upgraded handheld it seems every year or two. All sony has to do is create a new handheld with modern specs and theyd be fine. The Vita still has a growing catalog. Sony also does drm much better than Nintendo. A waste of easily available resources that could easily be turned into a profitable, and fanatic device.

Phones are becoming evermore increasingly powerful. The fact both companies don't utilize the play store and app store to their fullest is nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope hasn't been for a couple years now.
    Doesn't sound very supported then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Doesn't sound very supported then.
    From Sony no it hasn't been, From 3rd party company's and indies it has had great support.

Example:
    http://www.ign.com/upcoming/games/vita
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Phones are becoming evermore increasingly powerful. The fact both companies don't utilize the play store and app store to their fullest is nonsensical.
    The problem is that people don't pay for games on phones.

Sure, whales are happy to sink hundreds of dollars into the microtransaction paywalls the Free to Pay mobile games have, but even a few dollars of frontloaded pay for a proper game is a death sentence in mobile space.

Phones can never have proper games. App and Playstore customers just don't want that.

Same thing that happened with PSP. Sony stopped supporting, but indie and 3rd party kept putting out titles for years. From what I understand, some really great JRPGs came out after PSP was officially dead with Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Same thing that happened with PSP. Sony stopped supporting, but indie and 3rd party kept putting out titles for years. From what I understand, some really great JRPGs came out after PSP was officially dead with Sony.
    Yep, Its money on the table for 3rd party and indie company's. There games are not super demanding so they can make a vita and ps4 version without much work.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I don't see the Vita losing that support anytime soon to be honest because those games also get a PS4 port. They are not demanding at all and hell there is even more set to come out soon.

Its still getting indie support as well.
    It certainly means the end of physical vita carts. The console has been entirely supported by Namco Bandai, Atlus, NIS and Arksys and thats about it for like 80% of the library this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It certainly means the end of physical vita carts. The console has been entirely supported by Namco Bandai, Atlus, NIS and Arksys and thats about it for like 80% of the library this year.
    I don't really see the Physical carts ending soon and you still get limited runs of physical copy's from indies.

Salt and sanctuary gets one later this year. Maybe in 2 years but right now I say its fine and to be honest that isn't bad since the system will be 8 years old then.

Even if they went full digital tomorrow that is still amazing support.

How is dancing all night? I was going to grab it with the Vita skin but it turns out Gamestop just had the box and no game lol.
    It was decent, I just felt like it had a lackluster amount of songs personally. And it always felt a bit lame that you're forced to use certain characters for certain songs.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    If you want some recommendations, I'd say if you enjoyed P4G and P4DAN I highly recommend the P3P and both Persona 2 (EP, IS) PSP-Ports. If you also enjoyed Disgaea 3, I highly recommend getting "Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited", "Disgaea Infinite", "Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness".

If Steins Gate is your thing, get the Zero Escape-Series (999, Virtue's Last Reward: Complete Collection, Zero Time Dilemma). All of those Games get on sales, so keep your eyes open for it . The Operation Abyss New Tokyo Series, Danganronpa Series (My fav: Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls) might also sound like something that could be of interest to you.
    I actually do have P3P, it's just since it's not technically a Vita game, I didn't count it (PSP game). And I didn't get Disgaea 4 yet because I beat it already on the PS3, so I was in no big rush to get it again.

Danganronpa v3 is something I have to pick up soon though, apparently it's the best installment in the series (I borrowed the first two from a friend).

Even if they went full digital tomorrow that is still amazing support.
    For how long? a fair few sequels are going PS4 only and culling the Vita versions. There is always cross play and in rare cases cross buy sure but if Bamco is starting to give up on the Vita thats that really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The PS Vita was long lived, but I thought they would have moved toward unifying their game catalog with Android and iOS, the Xperia Play was an interesting device. Nintendo released an upgraded handheld it seems every year or two. All sony has to do is create a new handheld with modern specs and theyd be fine. The Vita still has a growing catalog. Sony also does drm much better than Nintendo. A waste of easily available resources that could easily be turned into a profitable, and fanatic device.

People don't pay for games on mobile in the same manner as handheld users. This directly results in mobile not really getting a vast amount of the kind of games that would require an up front price tag to be viable.

It's a bit like the difference between playing web games on facebook, and downloading steam to buy games.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    For how long? a fair few sequels are going PS4 only and culling the Vita versions. There is always cross play and in rare cases cross buy sure but if Bamco is starting to give up on the Vita thats that really.
    Who knows but if they pull the plug next year that means the Vita had 7 years of life, That isn't nothing to sneeze at. The vita has a huge library of games.

They killed it with overpriced proprietary memory cards that were a f*cking rip-off. Vita actually has more good games coming out now than it did a few years ago. It just got Ys 8 for christ's sake, but PS4 version and eventual PC version would make me pause getting for Vita. It was always doomed in the west with mem card prices + absolutely zero advertising. Problem also being 3DS just got Metroid... gg. I literally can see Reggie doing the jig all the way to the bank (I bought a N3DSXL + Metroid + ALL the Metroid Amiibos - and I literally don't give a sh!t about any other Nintendo property or system, unless it has a Metroid game lol). That game alone netted them over $350 for one game from me... Prime 4 will end the same way

Vita basically has squashed versions of PS4 games going for it and remote play. I honestly thought Sony HAD killed the Vita years ago but yet new games continue to trickle out... and mem card prices continue to suck.