Want to start PvP - Which character is best?

Hey guys,

Never really PvP'd seriously before but getting a bit bored of just levelling new chars and doing the same PvE crap over and over. Thinking I might give some PvP a go. Which character do you think will be more enjoyable to play with?

Outlaw Rogue
    Arms Warrior
    Frost Mage
    Ret Paladin

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't go wrong with a warrior. Pretty straight forward PvP and it can be alot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by birchhh View Post
    Hey guys,

Never really PvP'd seriously before but getting a bit bored of just levelling new chars and doing the same PvE crap over and over. Thinking I might give some PvP a go. Which character do you think will be more enjoyable to play with?

Outlaw Rogue
    Arms Warrior
    Frost Mage
    Ret Paladin

Cheers!
    We can't decide for you (it's even in the rules..) because opinions are personal and my opinion that a Ret is just cancer to play might be completely different to someone who loves playing them.

Play them all and see for yourself.

Deleted
    Play frost dk, simple and easy. Use this guide: keep your friends close but your enemies closer, which means: sit on the enemy healer

Hey guys,

Outlaw Rogue
    Arms Warrior
    Frost Mage
    Ret Paladin

Cheers!
    Arms warrior is by far the strongest of the ones you listed.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior or Mage seems like the best bet.

Arms is perhaps the strongest right now, but frost has never been bad pvp, and is probably better in the long run.

Playing a caster in the current meta probably takes more player skill overall compared to the tunnelmode playstyle melee has.

Are you willing to get tunneled/focused in every match but can make for some great CC and setups for kills? Go with the frost mage.
    Do you want to be the one who does the tunneling every match with little to no need to worry about your current target? Go with arms warrior.

Pretty straight forward

Hey guys,

Outlaw Rogue
    Arms Warrior
    Frost Mage
    Ret Paladin

Cheers!
    Each class/spec has a different way of getting 'away.' Find out which one you like the most. Rogue will cloak and vanish (CD) .. Warrior will leap away -twice? Mages will snare, root and blink and Ret can bubble, steed with freedom.

How and when and who to engage as well as when to 'hightail it outta dodge' is a critical part of any build.

Also consider how the build bursts, they are all able to open a burst window .. So consider the setup. I hate how frost sets up its burst window, while others love it. Same applies for all the builds you listed, I can't stand how Rogue sets up a burst window either. In any case, without a detailed write up Ill just say try them out.
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-09-28 at 05:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go Warrior or Frostmage.

Outlaw isn't amazing in PvP, Combat Rogues never were either, it's that spec's curse really...

Ret is in a horrible place right now, PvP wise, one offensive dispel and you are completely useless... All your mobility hinges on Blessing of Freedom, if that gets dispelled you are going nowhere... You can't catch anyone, and you can't get away, which means you die. All a Mage, Priest, or Shaman has to do it look at you funny and you become dead weight in a fight.

To be honest though, PvP in it's entirety is in a bad place right now... If you want to PvP, I'd recommend just playing a different game or waiting until the next expansion, because Legion doesn't deliver a good experience.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Everyone's already pitched in, but I'll offer my opinion:

- Outlaw Rogue is fairly weak right now. They have Vanish, but outside of that they don't have many ways to escape. If you wanted a class that can escape often, Subtlety would be the spec to go for. Outlaw also suffers from low damage outside of cooldowns.

- Arms Warrior would be the easiest of the bunch. They do a lot of damage and are tanky, but they have very little healing. Best played with a pocket healer.

- Frost Mage is able to produce immense burst damage, provide a lot of CC and have good mobility. Their main downside is that they are very easy to kill if you get locked down.

- Ret Paladin also does lots of damage, especially during Avenging Wrath. They have decent off healing, have good support tools for your allies, and are fairly tanky. However, they suffer from poor mobility since they are vulnerable to slows and roots. Slightly offset by the Law and Order honor talent.

Aside from that, pick a class that has off specs that you also don't mind playing. If you ended up playing Arms Warrior for Arms alone, but hated Fury and Protection, you might just reroll again if you get bored of Arms.
    Last edited by Lightbull; 2017-09-28 at 05:20 AM.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'll give Arms Warrior a crack first, it was my latest character to level and the one I've been playing most lately anyway. I also enjoy Fury so can always mix it up too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Outlaw isn't amazing in PvP, Combat Rogues never were either, it's that spec's curse really...
    Clearly you don't remember when Combat first got Killing Spree!

Birchhh, yeah. Try it out. Do a lot of BGs, world quests to get Honor and then see how you like it.

Melee and Ranged have very different play styles, as said. I'd prefer to say they have different mindsets.