Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Think the last (and probably the only thing) I ever pirated was the X-Com game because the demo was running horribly on my computer and I thought it was poorly optimized. Turns out it was my computer (was stock before I built my current one).

I used to pirate games when i was younger because i had no patience and couldn't manage my money well. Once in a while i would buy the original game, like i did with Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2, but now i just wait for a sale in six or twelve months.
    I have no excuse to download a pirated game now originals go as low as 2€ (cough, Mass Effect 1) and i can buy the legit copies for many of my beloved games, like the full classic Tomb Raider series for less than 10€.

So yeah, i buy games i pirated and loved, or even mediocre games like RE6.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

That is what I did with Shadow of Mordor and Tales of Symphonia PC, but I usually don't pirate.
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2017-09-27 at 05:08 PM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_...f_file_sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    File sharing is the practice of distributing or providing access to digital media, such as computer programs, multimedia (audio, images and video), documents or electronic books.
    "File sharing" sounds so nice. Sharing, that's such a positive thing. So, big money people somewhere decide, "it's called 'piracy' now!" Because, you know, benefits them to rebrand it and call it piracy. ARRRRRR! PIRACY! PIRATE! ARR!

It has never been "piracy". It has always been filesharing. People who call it "piracy" are people who have never even been inside the warez scene in any way or form, so why are they even talking about it. But, arrrr matey! Pieraytes! Scariee!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I pirate everything for 2 reasons:

1)Nothing can hold me for more than 2 hours before i get the sense "Same old same old, fuck this" therefor even though i pirate them, i uninstall and delete them in less than 2-5 hours after i download them.

2)No laws to stop me from doing so or if they exist, they arent being used from the ISPs.

I do buy games i think are worth it or want to play with friends, bought Grim Dawn when it was on sale few months ago, etc etc.

And the only single player game that held my interest in the last 8 years is Divinity 2 which i just finished, i would have paid for it if i knew!
    Scumbag mentality in perfection dude. No offense, nothing personal, just had to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Scumbag mentality in perfection dude. No offense, nothing personal, just had to be said.
    Scumbag companies produce scumbag results

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I pirate everything and i dont buy games on realise day any more.
    Reason i do this is to test them like a demo (suprise, hardly exists any more) and if i like them i will buy them (usualy some special box on amazon). I hate digital.
    If game is bad, this means i usualy stop playing it anyway and delete it. I simply refuse to give money to any1 without some demos, because i got burned way to many times.
    Uh...what?

We have more demos in today's age than ever before. I'm not sure what you're talking about honestly. It is, by far, easier to get information about games now than compared to in the past.

And the only single player game that held my interest in the last 8 years is Divinity 2 which i just finished, i would have paid for it if i knew!
    nothings stopping you from buying it now as a "I enjoyed this"
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-09-27 at 08:53 PM.

Scumbag companies produce scumbag results
    Yet you apparently feel the need to play them for 2 hours.

If you don't like the product, hint hint... don't buy it... don't pirate it... don't waste your time complaining about it on the internet. It's amazing how much time people like you waste of what you consider "shit products".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Uh...what?

We have more demos in today's age than ever before. I'm not sure what you're talking about honestly. It is, by far, easier to get information about games now than compared to in the past.
    Even most games that don't have "demos" still have trial period on PS4 and XB1 where the game prompts you to buy after X amount of time spent. Then there is also that thing called steam refunds which makes every game basically have a demo there...

But yep, excuses always going to be made.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-27 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Even the games that don't have "demos" still have trial period on PS4 and XB1 where the game prompts you to buy after X amount of time spent. Then there is also that thing called steam refunds which makes every game basically have a demo there...

But yep, excuses always going to be made.
    Hell, even Nintendo has demos.
    Steam Refunds is something I keep forgetting exists honestly though because I start up Steam very rarely nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Hello champions, good to see you.

First things first - I'm not promoting piracy!!!!! - I'm pretty sure that some of you, if not most of you, have already pirated a thing or two in your entire life and, to be sincere, no shame in that. Second, I don't work for FBI or CIA, so don't worry, I won't arrest you (hehehe) .

Seriously though:

Yesterday I've read an article that said that piracy helps to sell more games, so that gave me the question:

Do you buy a game after pirating it?

I don't pirate that many games anymore, as I can afford them now, but my response to that question is yes. If I like a game, I'll buy it in no time, and I'll even play it again, if I'm not burned out on it.

And you?
    Can't remember the last time I pirated a game. I just wait for them to be so cheap on steam sales that it's almost stealing.
    It's been proven many times over that piracy doesn't really hurt sales, or at least not enough to justify taking extra mesures to prevent piracy. People who are willing to pirate games are not willing to pay for it, so in the end they will just never play the game if they can't pirate it.
    But HELPING sales? I highly doubt that. In the article they ask a question about an ideal situation, I'm not surprised by their results because it sounds very logical when someone ask you "would you buy more games if you could play them first" and the first thing that comes to your mind is "well yeah I guess so I know what I'm buying". Fact is, if piracy was legal, people wouldn't go out of their way to buy the game once they already legally have it for free.

I strongly believe that all games should provide a free demo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Do people really even pirate stuff any more? That's so incredibly lame and 2002. Everything is so easily available and cheap nowadays. Pirating is for losers.
    Not everyone can afford $50 games several times a month, and not everyone has a big enough asshole to get fucked by every game developer who sells 10% of a game for retail price and releases the rest of the game as paid DLCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Not everyone can afford $50 games several times a month
    The don't buy them? Why are you entitled to play something if you can't afford it? Why are you above waiting on a discounted price that is more in your budget range? I'd love to see you try to use that argument to get out of paying a $200 tab.

and not everyone has a big enough asshole to get fucked by every game developer who sells 10% of a game for retail price and releases the rest of the game as paid DLCs.
    Hyperbole at it's finest. Show me one game that fits your description, let alone the part where cracked versions of games rarely ever support DLC nor will crackers bother cracking the DLC unless it's an incredibly popular release.

Yet you apparently feel the need to play them for 2 hours.

If you don't like the product, hint hint... don't buy it... don't pirate it... don't waste your time complaining about it on the internet. It's amazing how much time people like you waste of what you consider "shit products".
    Here, i will quote myself since you are a selective reader.

I just refuse to buy games that are made for the worthless masses that infested the gaming world the last 7 years, aka any AAA tilte that doesnt have online play and frequent patches etc etc.

I havent even pirated half of them cause i know i wont like them, havent played any CoD since the second, any BF, any AC, anything, i even refuse to pirate them.
    Companies made me like this, not myself.

I bought SimCity, a total scam game cause i thought it would follow the old pattern, nope, mega shit, its around then i stopped buying -anything- pretty much and simply test them out instead, mostly to know their actual PC requirements when i need to build PCs for them, not to play them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Hell, even Nintendo has demos.
    Steam Refunds is something I keep forgetting exists honestly though because I start up Steam very rarely nowadays.
    Nintendo is one of rare companys that still has them. (mostly because they are kinda behind the time, but it can change in future)

As for anything AAA = scam this days. You just cant trust them. Sure i could use steam to download the game to check it and refound if i dont like it, but its a hassle. With piracy you can quicky check the game and thats it.
    And i dont trust reviews, since anything big is usualy paid to increase score or undear threat that will stop doing biznis with you.
    Scores are also retarded:

Only good for marketing, because higher score has a psyhological effect on your brain.
    Source that can be trusted is gameplay of a game like a video (but suprise, companys do a take downs on those -- there have been copy of games coing out to soon and people who used twitch got banned when people seen how bad some games were).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Its part of my pirate code! Every single game Ive enjoyed Ive purchased, If i feel the game sux I uninstall and delete it without beating it. the only exception are japanese games that never made it to the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The don't buy them? Why are you entitled to play something if you can't afford it? Why are you above waiting on a discounted price that is more in your budget range? I'd love to see you try to use that argument to get out of paying a $200 tab.

Hyperbole at it's finest. Show me one game that fits your description, let alone the part where cracked versions of games rarely ever support DLC nor will crackers bother cracking the DLC unless it's an incredibly popular release.
    If i can't pay for a night out I wouldn't go out, but at least when I do go out I know I won't pay full drink price for a glass of ice, and then have to pay separately for the other ingredients. But hey, you're free to do whatever you want, and I'll keep pirating games that are not worth buying.

Most of the time all DLCs, deluxe version content etc. is available. I even heard about a rocket league DLC being cracked where you could access it before normal people could.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    If i can't pay for a night out I wouldn't go out, but at least when I do go out I know I won't pay full drink price for a glass of ice, and then have to pay separately for the other ingredients. But hey, you're free to do whatever you want, and I'll keep pirating games that are not worth buying.

Most of the time all DLCs, deluxe version content etc. is available. I even heard about a rocket league DLC being cracked where you could access it before normal people could.
    I do, do what I want.

And I do so without free loading off of other people's work.

That pirated Rocket League sure must be oodles of fun without online multiplayer

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't pirate games.

Haven't pirated since the middle 90's.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I think Cities Skylines was the last game I pirated, bought that recently though.

Don't pirate anymore, simply because I have a better idea of what games I'd like to play or make use of demos.

Only games I ever pirate are ROMs of games I own physically just don't want to set up my snes/find my old cartridges

Old pokemon games, super nintendo games are pretty much it