Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Comic: "Searching" (featuring Zarya!)

http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching

Interesting little drop at the end there, with Sombra's name finally being revealed

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, they hated Sombra enough to kill her off.

No animated version?

Quote Originally Posted by JuKe View Post
    No animated version?
    No, their comics and their shorts are two different ways of telling the story.

They don't make comics into shorts, nor shorts into comics.

Sorry, i meant motion comic version. From Madefire

Zarya face at the end...spooky.
    So we now know Sombra's real name. It also looks like Zarya let her escape.

Orisa and Alejandra ! <3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Zarya solo ulted a Sombra? What a noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orisa and Efi!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This deal with Sombra and her intentions is like the only interesting thing going on in the current timeline. Eventually, we might get to Overwatch reactivation stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    My conspiracy theory on this:

Sombra knew they were coming for her since Numbani.
    Zarya and Lynx were going house to house for days before Alejandra 'just happened' to show up at the bakery.
    She met them in a warehouse rigged to explode.

Clearly Sombra set the meeting up, and keeps her leverage over Katya because Zarya no longer trusts her.

I'm guessing when she hacked Lynx, she also made some 'alterations'.

Her "real name" isn't perhaps her real name, the 'thing no one else had' was just the picture of her from Volskaya industries that they were showing around Dorado.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this comic sucked. No real insight into Zarya's character, and they did nothing with
    it that was particularly engaging. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I thought this comic sucked. No real insight into Zarya's character, and they did nothing with
    They do a pretty good job of showing how much she hates omnics, and starts to question her decisions on them at the end as Lynx wasn't as bad as she believed all omnics to be.

Which goes hand in hand with her conversations in game with Zenyatta, "You had better watch your back Omnic." Zenyatta, "And I will watch yours as well."
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

sounds like you expected it to be something its not.

also this is the first ever comic depicting someone who has good reason to be prejudiced against omnics dealing with an intellectual omnic as well as depicting a overwatch character traveling the world.

first of its kind, in the overwatch universe at least
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    They do a pretty good job of showing how much she hates omnics, and starts to question her decisions on them at the end as Lynx wasn't as bad as she believed all omnics to be.
    Yeah but is that all to her character? From what I gathered of that comic all she does is hate on Omnics. So
    does Torbjorn and Junkrat, but they have something else in their personality aside from that.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    sounds like you expected it to be something its not.
    I was expecting what every comic does, show you another side of their personality. Her being racist
    towards omnics isn't new, show me something else about her. How do the Russian people see her,
    what motivates her aside from whatever mission she's on?

also this is the first ever comic depicting someone who has good reason to be prejudiced against omnics dealing with an intellectual omnic as well as depicting a overwatch character traveling the world.
    Quick cuts aren't engaging.

its showing that she's starting to realize theres more to the situation than omnics vs humans and that omnics arent just machines.

also its her first taste of something going on in the background which is manipulating international affairs.

Also her prejudice totally ruined a potential lead right in the 1st page. That dude knew something and changed his mind when she insulted a member of his family in front of his kids

Yeah but is that all to her character? From what I gathered of that comic all she does is hate on Omnics. So
    does Torbjorn and Junkrat, but they have something else in their personality aside from that.

I was expecting what every comic does, show you another side of their personality. Her being racist
    towards omnics isn't new, show me something else about her. How do the Russian people see her,
    what motivates her aside from whatever mission she's on?

Quick cuts aren't engaging.
    She also learned that her leader was not the great person she thought she was, and that most of her ability to judge other peoples character was pretty much shit. I don't know what all you want from a comic that is 1/3rd the size of a regular comic. I get the feeling no matter what they did you wouldn't be happy.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't know what all you want from a comic that is 1/3rd the size of a regular comic.
    I wanted them to further expand either on her personal history, or another aspect of her
    personality that we don't really see much of in-game. So far, the comics have done that,
    more or less. This one didn't really do much with her imo.

I get the feeling no matter what they did you wouldn't be happy.
    And you care why? I mean god forbid someone doesn't like something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    its showing that she's starting to realize theres more to the situation than omnics vs humans and that omnics arent just machines.

also its her first taste of something going on in the background which is manipulating international affairs.

Also her prejudice totally ruined a potential lead right in the 1st page. That dude knew something and changed his mind when she insulted a member of his family in front of his kids
    A good catch actually, missed that the first time.

Don't think it was a member of his family though, looks like a Ramen restaurant/shop. Probably just a dude who's fed up with Omnic hate, he's definitely angry after that.

I wanted them to further expand either on her personal history, or another aspect of her
    personality that we don't really see much of in-game. So far, the comics have done that,
    more or less. This one didn't really do much with her imo.

And you care why? I mean god forbid someone doesn't like something.
    I don't care how you feel, nor does anyone else. This is however a discussion forum and if you make a statement someone will invariably make a response of what they think. That is the entire purpose of this website in its most basic form. If you can't handle responses from people who disagree with you then maybe you should avoid the internet entirely and just write messages to yourself in word.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Wow, they hated Sombra enough to kill her off.
    No it just cut away so we wouldn't get to see Zarya fucking her brains out before they both escaped.

Or so the fan art tells me.

It's not one of their strongest. Trouble is they're touching on some central mysteries that there's no way Blizzard is going to let them reveal in a webcomic so it's all tease no cock.

Also the idea of Zarya in her combat harness lugging around that cannon while engaged in espionage is pretty hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.