Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Is "The Desolation" the new "Tangled Depths" of Guild Wars 2?

I mean no offense if you like this area, but my freaking god, why did they design such an annoying map? The other ones were super cool and easy to navigate, but just like TD, they just had to fuck everything up, right?!

/rant off.

Did you ever play GW1?

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Did you ever play GW1?
    Unfortunately not, but I'm talking about the area in GW2, no matter how good or bad the area was in the first game. I don't like it, and apparently a lot of people dislike it as well (I've seen people bitch about it in the map chat a bunch of times already).

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    I mean no offense if you like this area, but my freaking god, why did they design such an annoying map? The other ones were super cool and easy to navigate, but just like TD, they just had to fuck everything up, right?!

/rant off.
    I don't find it confusing/ difficult to navigate, just the mob density is a problem. I haven't tried the meta thing, but the stupid hidden chests are just HORRIBLE! The one achievement requires 10 of the pieces you get from them, it took like an hour to get 3 chests and none had the item! It's like the Silverwastes shovels, but the chest you ding might be on the other side of the huge ass map.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I 100% the map in a couple of hours. Its cakewalk compared to TD. Mob density is a bit high though and with waypoints being fewer dying can feel very punishing in some areas.

Deleted
    I 100% agree: this map is really annoying. My favorite map is by far first one...

10+ Year Old Account
    I concur with razael, the map is not confusing at all, it's somewhat annoying with WP's being too far appart and having big areas with crevases, but overall it was really fast to 100%
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Desolation and it hazards make sense. TD is well designed on paper but not player friendly at all.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Well Desolation is still easier to navigate & less messy than TD at least... I hated verticality in HoT