Class similar to holosmith

Ive been playing holosmith in PoF and I like it quite a lot. However, I dont like the fact that engis as a profession are tied to kits and dont enjoy having to switch kits constantly in combat. Although no dps benchmarks really exist yet, I get the feeling that to make the most of holosmith you'll have to incorporate kit play into the rotation. Which other profession is most similar to holosmith, but without the complexity and keyboard dancing? The class will mostly be for sPVP and high fractals

What I like about the holosmith:

- Big burst damage, so probably looking for some power class

- Easy access to CC in photon forge

- Some mobility via holo leap so you can stay on targets fairly well

- pewpew from photon blitz is very satisfying

- I like that engineers in general have a lot of options. I just dont like that max dps is tied to kit switching

Obviously I could just play holosmith however I want and not use kits, but I'd like to be able to do competitive dps and Im not sure that can be achieved with kitless play. Maybe this will change through balance patches, but the elite spec is still tied to a profession that revolves around kits, so theres always the future concern that kit play becomes meta (again) at some point

Which other profession is most similar to the holosmith-only playstyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Nem2k View Post
    Ive been playing holosmith in PoF and I like it quite a lot. However, I dont like the fact that engis as a profession are tied to kits and dont enjoy having to switch kits constantly in combat. Although no dps benchmarks really exist yet, I get the feeling that to make the most of holosmith you'll have to incorporate kit play into the rotation. Which other profession is most similar to holosmith, but without the complexity and keyboard dancing? The class will mostly be for sPVP and high fractals

What I like about the holosmith:

- Big burst damage, so probably looking for some power class

- Easy access to CC in photon forge

- Some mobility via holo leap so you can stay on targets fairly well

- pewpew from photon blitz is very satisfying

- I like that engineers in general have a lot of options. I just dont like that max dps is tied to kit switching

Obviously I could just play holosmith however I want and not use kits, but I'd like to be able to do competitive dps and Im not sure that can be achieved with kitless play. Maybe this will change through balance patches, but the elite spec is still tied to a profession that revolves around kits, so theres always the future concern that kit play becomes meta (again) at some point

Which other profession is most similar to the holosmith-only playstyle?
    I am not sure of the latest benchmarks but Dagger Dagger thief is really easy to play. Viper will probably be the meta but I am running around with Zerk gear and it has a lot of burst and damage, you have gap closers. There are more complex rotations with other specs. Engineer is really complex to get top damage. I would say that your best bet is to try them out with PVP. If you are serious about DPS then maybe wait for the benchmarks. There are some serious balance issues that will definitely get fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should like thief according to the things you said you like about holo. Its not as flashy, holo is one of the exceptions when it comes to being flashy, but it does all the stull you listed.

Actually melee deadeye in particular minus the leap unless you thief blinks and heartseeker.

Resident Cosplay Progressive