Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Ivalice is amazing. Create another FFT. Continue the original story, the portable games's story were horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I would just like a return to turn based combat. Even if it's just a 3ds game or something.

FF 6, 4, 5 and 7 are my favorite in that order so that's probably why I want turn based again.
    Bravely Default series, World of Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy Dimensions are all turn-based.

As long as it has good gameplay and a good story I don't really care about fantasy vs sci fi. Though if I had to choose I would prefer fantasy over sci-fi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    Yep they completed killed FF7. it's very sad.
    Completely agree, I bought a PS4 based entirely on the FF7 remake. I'm now planning on selling it since to me its not a remake its a completely new game riding on the coat tails of FF7s game.

FF6 was objectively the best and it was a mix.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I have never been into JRPGs but I decided to pick up FFIX and I am loving the characters, story, cinematics, and music!

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...state-violence

I think FFIX is a masterpiece! I can't wait to play FFVII and FFVIII!

I have heard about the new Final Fantasy and the all male group.

Do you think the Final Fantasy franchise should go back to medieval kingdoms and airships?

Should they return to a multi gendered multi species band of heroes?

Skip 8. Play 6.

- - - Updated - - -

World of Final Fantasy is a good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    How about something thats not a car-riding boy band or a nonstop 1 way hallway that spawns sequels noone asked for? I seriously wonder if SE is TRYING to bankrupt themselves
    *agreement intensifies*

FFIX is my favorite game of all time, incredible story and best score composed by my nigga nobuo uematsu, when music was actually good in this series and made your imagination run wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    Skip 8
    How dare you.

Wasn't a fan of IX but I'm trying to give it a run soon as I have more free time. Back ot though, I wish they would go back to FFIII(US) or a FFVII setting. More III than VII(even though VII is my fav) since I really loved the aesthetics, the whole magitek/magic/technology conflict, and the esper story.

Do you think the Final Fantasy franchise should go back to medieval kingdoms and airships?
    You have to go back a long time.

FF4 was about medieval fantasy kingdoms with airships and stuff [I]being threatened by futuristic moon men[/I].
    FF6 was about science unlocking a post-apocalyptic hellscape due to a mad emperor and a madder advisor.
    FF7 was really all about science vs environmentalism in a world where science was already far ahead.
    FF8 was a hightek setting featuring a timetravelling witch.
    FF9 was about a hi-tech arms dealer trying to revive his world by dumping bioengineered weapons on another.
    FF10 was about the postapocalyptic fallout following the great war a thousand years ago.
    FF12 was about a modern warfare featuring drones, armies and liberal dosages of guns.
    FF13 was about a group of adventurers trying to take out an advanced and high-tek civilization.
    FF15 was about the fall of a dynasty that had already evolved the world to have cars and other modern amenities.

That leaves FF1-3 which kind are too old to have much of a world design - and FF5, which admittedly is pure fantasy. Every other Final Fantasy has featured a serious dosage of high-tech influence. Some even made it their focal point. I would say this is a large part of what separated the Final Fantasy and the Dragon Quest games, is just how the final fantasy games have interleaved the balance of hi-tech and fantasy elements.

If you liked FF15, FFX is probably your best game to play next.
    If Square ever makes that FF7 remake it is also a great choice, but as of right now the game is rather dated in many ways. Still the best final fantasy game though
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How dare you.
    Man, did I hate Squall. He made cloud look like the captain of a pep squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    As long as it has good gameplay and a good story I don't really care about fantasy vs sci fi. Though if I had to choose I would prefer fantasy over sci-fi.

- - - Updated - - -

Completely agree, I bought a PS4 based entirely on the FF7 remake. I'm now planning on selling it since to me its not a remake its a completely new game riding on the coat tails of FF7s game.
    A remake isn't just the same game though. If it was the same game then it would be a Remaster.

Remakes usually do a few things differently. I mean if they pull some shit like "Keep Aeris alive DLC" then I will probably be a bit pissed. If they do something like make Cloud's backstory a bit more coherent then fine.

However if they cut the Honey Bee Inn part then HELL NO

I don't agree with the separate parts bullshit but I'll give the modern combat system a chance.

No. Fantasy is dead.

Deleted
    They should go back to fantasy, overworld, airships and ATB-based combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    You have to go back a long time.
    You have to go back a long time to get to any good final fantasy anyway. And FF9 definitely had medieval influences.

Final Fantasy usually felt rather steampunkish to me to be honest.

Taking Final Fantasy 9 as an example given how it was my first and is my favorite, we have clear fantasy elements like magic and swordfighting and the likes, but we also have many technical elements like air ships. I mean, just look at Lindblum, that city was basicly all about technological advancement.

The same goes for 6, 3, 10 (even though this one goes pretty much back and forth here between the main story line and Zanarkand).

I actually enjoy it for that quite a bit.

The more future/scifi approaches to Final Fantasy can work just as if not even better potencially just as fantasy/steampunk based final fantasies have the potencial to fail. At the end of the day, how good a Final Fantasy game is doing for itself relies on the quality of the story and the characters.

Final Fantasy 13 failed on multiple levels over the course of multiple games, sadly even though it did got some things right. Music overall was amazing (except FF13s battle theme, I always hated that while others loved it) and Caius who was an amazing antagonist.

FF7 is more PresentTime/SciFi oriented as well and is a fan favorite for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    You have to go back a long time to get to any good final fantasy anyway. And FF9 definitely had medieval influences.
    Re-quoted for brutal, uncensored truth. I have a secret hope that Square will make a good, finished, Final Fantasy game one of these years. I am not holding my breath. At least FFXV was a major step up from the disaster that was FF13.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Bravely Default series, World of Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy Dimensions are all turn-based.
    WoFF is the only one of those I have heard of. I will have to give them a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Re-quoted for brutal, uncensored truth. I have a secret hope that Square will make a good, finished, Final Fantasy game one of these years. I am not holding my breath. At least FFXV was a major step up from the disaster that was FF13.
    But FF15 is PART of the disaster that is FF13. It started off as a side-story and there was going to be all this interconnected bullshit. Rewriting that mess is a part of why development took so long.

I have never been into JRPGs but I decided to pick up FFIX and I am loving the characters, story, cinematics, and music!

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...state-violence

I think FFIX is a masterpiece! I can't wait to play FFVII and FFVIII!

I have heard about the new Final Fantasy and the all male group.

Should they return to a multi gendered multi species band of heroes?

FF XIV says hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    Skip 8. Play 6.

- - - Updated - - -

World of Final Fantasy is a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    FF XIV says hi
    Just saying, but if I was a mod, quoting huge posts with like 5 large images only to add a couple of lines would be a bannable offence.

To those that quoted me:

That is true, but I was merely highlighting that the person I quoted said there were no complaints about FFX2 having a full female roster, when in fact there WERE many, many complaints about the cast of that game.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    See, the two MMOs have just about the right amount of tech in them. They're still mostly medieval fantasy. 14 at times goes a bit overboard, I think 11 probably has the mix just about right. But 13 was overkill with tech, 15 is too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.