Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If using slice and dice, the 4 piece still gives you a roll the bones buff according to Blizzard.

This expansion has been a huge bummer for my rogue. I really don't like Subtlety. Assassination has always been my favorite. I really enjoyed Outlaw, much better than old combat imo, but they have not treated it well.

Luckily it's looking like Antorus might be a light in the darkness that is rogue
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Deleted
    I will cry if i see something small like "+5% aura damage buff for outlaw" and others classes having more than us (while we are the very last currently : https://i.imgur.com/OmpdHsC.png )

I freely admit i haven't read this post for post, but what if RtB was a passive talent and worked like convention of elements from d3. 1x buff at a time rotating between all 6, with an activation on 2m cd for all 6?

Deleted
    @Humbao: Interesting approach. But it is very passive in nature (rotation wise it would be just a CD) apart delivering fun buffs to play around. Would you have SnD alongside it (also kinda passive) or some other mechanic to make it more engaging? Also, would the rotation be deterministic or in a random order?

Quote Originally Posted by Kijubei View Post
    @Humbao: Interesting approach. But it is very passive in nature (rotation wise it would be just a CD) apart delivering fun buffs to play around. Would you have SnD alongside it (also kinda passive) or some other mechanic to make it more engaging? Also, would the rotation be deterministic or in a random order?
    I think it would work best in a determined order with the better buffs leap frogging the less desired ones. That way you could have anywhere from 30-40 seconds to prepare for the good buffs. And with a set rotation you could pre pot tack on AR Or artifact and burst. You would also have the activation providing all 6 for priority target. Would remove some RNG but keep the awesome sound and overall theme intact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbao View Post
    I think it would work best in a determined order with the better buffs leap frogging the less desired ones. That way you could have anywhere from 30-40 seconds to prepare for the good buffs. And with a set rotation you could pre pot tack on AR Or artifact and burst. You would also have the activation providing all 6 for priority target. Would remove some RNG but keep the awesome sound and overall theme intact.
    Thought it would be better to log into my PC and just type out a sample:

Roll the Bones: Tier 100 Talent

Roll the Bones (no animation like Chi Orbit)
    Passive
    Roll the Bones no longer uses combo points and is instead an activation on a 2m CD. Activating provides all 6 buffs for 15sec. While Roll the bones is not activated all buffs will rotate providing you with each for (6-8sec? which works best). Rotation would be something like:

1. True Bearing Finishers reduce the remaining cooldown on many of your abilities by 2 sec per combo point.
    2. Jolly Roger Saber Slash has an additional 40% chance of striking an additional time.
    3. Grand Melee Attack speed increased by 40%. Leech increased by 20%.
    4. Shark Infested Waters Critical Strike chance increased by 40%.
    5. Buried Treasure Increases Energy regeneration by 40%.
    6. Broadsides Your combo-generating abilities generate 1 additional combo point.

This order will indefinitely repeat in and out of combat keeping the same order until another talent was selected.

Deleted
    Would really like to see how that plays. Hope RtB stays in some form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Generical View Post
    Shit like this highlights why the AP system being on a per weapon basis is so dumb. Now Outlaw gets buffs and the majority of people who were playing Sub/Sin and want to swap will now have to dump a metric shit ton of AP to get the spec up to any meaningful level. I'm so ready to be done with artifact weapons.
    AP is hardly an issue for anyone who actually plays. Hell, I just dinged 110 on a warlock less than 24 hours ago and he's already at 67 weapon level with me NOT going out of my way to get AP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    I will cry if i see something small like "+5% aura damage buff for outlaw" and others classes having more than us (while we are the very last currently

Rogue
    Outlaw
    All damage abilities increased by 4%.

Im sending you a tissue

I will cry if i see something small like "+5% aura damage buff for outlaw" and others classes having more than us (while we are the very last currently : https://i.imgur.com/OmpdHsC.png )
    I know that using memes are not very "adultish", but here you have it:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Outlaw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I know that using memes are not very "adultish", but here you have it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillis View Post
    Rogue
    Outlaw

Im sending you a tissue
    Thanks my Rogue buddies <3

Dirty Casual Wishlist to Make Outlaw Great Again:

1. Keep RtB. Flippin' love that spell, man. So fluffy. Make it not cost anything to roll a single buff for the 1cp duration while in stealth, though.
    2. Moar guns. Cannonball Barragio goes baseline to start. Maybe even add a badass double pistol skill.
    3. Some flippin' jugs of booze, man. That crimson vial skill feels right for a pirate chugging while fighting. Don't go overboard or the brewmasters will whine.
    4. SEA SHANTIES
    5. Maybe throw a bone to the other people who think outlet shouldn't just be pirate shit. They're confused, but it's a nice gesture to include them. SnD baseline, but overwrites RtB buffs.

MOGA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    Dirty Casual Wishlist to Make Outlaw Great Again:

1. Keep RtB. Flippin' love that spell, man. So fluffy. Make it not cost anything to roll a single buff for the 1cp duration while in stealth, though.
    2. Moar guns. Cannonball Barragio goes baseline to start. Maybe even add a badass double pistol skill.
    3. Some flippin' jugs of booze, man. That crimson vial skill feels right for a pirate chugging while fighting. Don't go overboard or the brewmasters will whine.
    4. SEA SHANTIES
    5. Maybe throw a bone to the other people who think outlet shouldn't just be pirate shit. They're confused, but it's a nice gesture to include them. SnD baseline, but overwrites RtB buffs.

MOGA
    Great idea, as a DoT it would be awesome !

Sea Shanties : A ghostly pirate haunts the target, causing up to [(150% of Attack power) * 6] Physical damage over 18 sec and increasing your damage dealt to the target by 15%.

Edit : I thought "Shanties" means "Song" in English, but the idea of a Sea Songs DoT spell would still be nice
    Last edited by mmoce75d07e829; 2017-12-13 at 12:30 AM.

Deleted

Sea Shanties : A ghostly pirate haunts the target, causing up to [(150% of Attack power) * 6] Physical damage over 18 sec and increasing your damage dealt to the target by 15%.

Edit : I thought "Shanties" means "Song" in English, but the idea of a Sea Songs DoT spell would still be nice
    so its basically exactly like nightblade?

Yeah, I totally meant a song.

Maybe act like a group buff like a bard. A pirate bard. Singin' about treasure. Would be flippin' fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    Yeah, I totally meant a song.

Maybe act like a group buff like a bard. A pirate bard. Singin' about treasure. Would be flippin' fun.
    Brave Sir Robin ran away.

Bravely ran away away.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Outlaw should have armor pen skill or talent.

Or another ranged finsiher that causes a bleed DOT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Brave Sir Robin ran away.

Bravely ran away away.
    You made my day ^^

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Yeap indeed :P and if possible even older than Revealing Strike. I liked the simplicity of rogue, (Keep SnD up, Eviscerate, Killing Spree / Adrenaline Rush and Blade Flurry manage)
    Oddly enough I miss the white damage spec. With enchants, trinkets and all that going on I found it quite dynamic TBH. I am not a fan of the "tekken/streetfighter" frenetic playstyle that has pretty much become baseline for all melee specs while making sure your white damage is a mere fraction of your overall damage. I think my pally has 3.0% from autoattack. TBC rogue was around 60% and the spec felt great to play.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Oddly enough I miss the white damage spec. With enchants, trinkets and all that going on I found it quite dynamic TBH. I am not a fan of the "tekken/streetfighter" frenetic playstyle that has pretty much become baseline for all melee specs while making sure your white damage is a mere fraction of your overall damage. I think my pally has 3.0% from autoattack. TBC rogue was around 60% and the spec felt great to play.
    At the same time that was one of the complains combat always had. You had your skills, but they felt really lackluster since most of your dmg was auto-attacks. That's not too cool in terms of gameplay or fantasy. Now, having said that, I personally never had a problem with it. As long as the spec performed and I liked the playstyle, I couldn't care less where the dmg was coming from. Last time I played in a semi-hardcore guild and really went ham was back in Cata and I enjoyed raiding as combat, come to think of it, all 3 specs were enjoyable ( assassination is niche but execute phase was nice ).

As far as "Outlaw" goes, tekken or not, the spec would feel way better if it actually did some dmg outside cleave situations and if they would rework roll the bones. Outlaw is basically one giant RNG fest.