Sept 29 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Tweets, Mythic Dungeon Invitational, Overwatch Comic

PTR Patch 2.6.1 - v2.6.1.47517

The Mana Crystals are Super Awesome Card Design Competition

Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 29
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Argus
    • Characters who were unable to access the Netherlight Crucible after performing an account transfer can once again access it.
    • Shadowcaster Voruun on Mac'Aree should now respawn more often when he is up.

Classes

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Argus World Quests on Alts
    We've been seeing the feedback on it for the other zones and I'll see if I can get some additional clarification on why just one zone's World Quests are unlocked. The current expectation is to unlock them all so you can complete the Emissary quests, but I get that's frustrating to go through the campaign multiple times.

We had previously talked about it before and it was due to a lot of the World Quests being locked behind the story quests that unlock each area and characters in that area.

And , to be blunt. what we are asking for is what was stated in the Q and A. Blizzard set the expectation, has not delivered on that expectation and as yet, we are still to receive any communication as to what the hell is going on.
    I understand your frustration here. I get it from the having alts perspective, however spreading misinformation is not helpful. It was never actually said all of the world quests would be account wide. In the Q&A Ion elaborated on what would and what wouldn't and stated the intentions behind it. He specifically noted that World Quests may be account wide, however the vast majority would not be as it didn't make sense to have something account wide for a character that couldn't access the area or quests yet. He called out that characters still needed to go through the story to unlock those.

Luckily this doesn't take too much effort in Argus and its quite quick to unlock all of the World Quests. Compared to previous patches and expansions this is actually very doable on alts, much easier than previous campaigns.

That being said, I understand that doing it multiple times is still an issue. We'll see if we can get some more insight to this and pass along some more of the feedback we're seeing here. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Sim Accuracy
    Sims are super useful to give you an idea of a perfect world scenario based on the proc percentages. However that perfect world just simply never happens no matter the class/spec.

What Midguard said is pretty true regarding how a player thinks versus a sim. Sims can only think in logical If-Or scenarios but players can be predictive and respond to scenarios more efficiently and know how to set themselves up more effectively. You see this especially with how sims use cooldowns. Most simply just use them on a time interval that is it's cooldown because it can't actively predict fight mechanics.

Fire is kind of the same way. I've simmed Fire I can't tell you how many times and it almost never lines up with what I actually do. Occasionally I fall slightly under (~1-2% ish) but the majority I blow it out of the water because I have more Hot Streaks than the sim predicted and a more efficient Combustion usage than just "everytime its up".

Sims aren't perfect, and they're certainly not meant to perfectly reflect raid encounters, but they're very useful for figuring out what you should be doing under static conditions, and applying those findings to dynamic encounters.
    That's the point I was roughly making as well. Thanks for the informative clarification on simulation vs formulation.

*When games become more about math than having fun*
    Figuring out the math and optimizations can be pretty fun if you're into the methodology. I totally recognize its not for everyone. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Game Developer Tweets
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    That’s interesting to hear, what were some things Kaplan taught you
    Notice how he always takes the blame for anything that goes wrong, while deflecting any praise to the team? He never throws his title around. He’s just “Jeff from the Overwatch team.”

That behavior existed internally too. He’d always call out a team when they delivered something great. I think some leaders are worried about the perception of being too soft or they’re just uncomfortable lavishing praise, even when it’s earned. But a little of that goes a really long way. It makes a big difference. But it’s also weirdly rare. (Source)

Mythic Dungeon Invitational Group Stage Recap
    The Mythic Dungeon Invitational is a three stage event organized to allow the top players from each region to face off against each other in a tournament format. In the first round, eight teams from each region qualified to compete in the Regional Group Stage. Over the past two weeks, these teams battled amongst themselves for a chance to compete at the Global Group Stage. The two best teams from each region will face off in a single elimination, best of three bracket to prove who the best team and region is.

The Story So Far
    Over the last weekend we watched the EU and NA regions battle for their spots in the Global Group Stage. Raider.IO got a bye on their first round, however in the later games proved that they are the most dominant team of the European region. After sweeping Wheezing Harsies and Team Bigpull with a perfect record, they are looking like a top contender for the Grand Final. This group of players demonstrated very efficient strategies, and were able to execute difficult pulls effectively. Team Bigpull also put up a good show, with a few flex picks they were able to play for specific affix and dungeon combinations, such as the double Rogue or double Warrior, they were able to secure the second place in the Eurpean Grand Finals.

Premonition had a very exciting series against Team Deplete, where they narrowly lost the first game due to a bolstered mob wiping their group, after which they showed a dominant performance during the next two games securing their spot in the final. Friends With Affixes defeated Lethal in a reverse sweep, utilizing an interesting strategy to defeat the four kings of Halls of Valor. During the grand finals we saw another clever use of class abilities during Premonition’s fight against Dargrul in Neltharion’s Lair, winning them the Americas Grand Final.

The Global Group Stage
    Teams were seeded into an eight team bracket based on their performance in their Regional Group Stage. The first place from each region will be playing against the second place seed from a different region. Same rules apply as in the previous Stage, the teams will be playing on special Blizzard Tournament realms, where their gear will be scaled to 935 ilvl, and their Artifact Weapons to 965. Blizzard will be selecting the affixes, and the first map, after which the losing team has a chance to select the second map. The last team standing will be taking home the Grand Prize of $50,000.

Schedule
    The Global Group Stage started on Saturday, September 30 at 18:00 (CEST)/ 9:00 a.m. PDT. The Grand Final will be live on Sunday, October 1 at 18:00 (CEST)/ 9:00 a.m. PDT on the Warcraft Twitch.

Overwatch - Searching Comic
    Another Overwatch comic has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2017-09-30 at 11:32 PM.

That's so cute that you changed the Ghostcrawler section to merely "Game Developer Tweets" like anyone wouldn't notice when they hovered over the source link.

Deleted
    Account-wide access to World Quests and treasures in Antoran Wastes is now allowed once "The Assault Begins" chapter of the Argus campaign has been completed.
    Account-wide access to Invasion Points and Greater Invasion Points is now allowed once the "Dark Awakenings" chapter of the Argus campaign has been completed.

These were the patch notes that have since been removed, from what i can tell.

Now he tells us " It was never actually said all of the world quests would be account wide. In the Q&A Ion elaborated on what would and what wouldn't and stated the intentions behind it. He specifically noted that World Quests may be account wide, however the vast majority would not be as it didn't make sense to have something account wide for a character that couldn't access the area or quests yet. He called out that characters still needed to go through the story to unlock those."

Yet when i go on my alts i have zero, ZERO WQs and i CAN'T access the invasions....

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they always use Mages and (Fire) as the specc in examples regarding blues ?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It must be nice to have such a sheltered life without issues or worries where simply seeing Ghostcrawler's name is something to get so monumentally upset about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Why do they always use Mages and (Fire) as the specc in examples regarding blues ?
    I thought it was common knowledge that Mage is the class that Blizzard messes with the least because they actively use it as a baseline for nerfing everything else. E.g. if something is doing better than a Mage nerf it into the ground next expansion.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

That mythic dungeon thing sounds pretty cool--think I'll check it out tomorrow. Anyone know what they did at Dargrul?

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    He specifically noted that World Quests may be account wide, however the vast majority would not be as it didn't make sense to have something account wide for a character that couldn't access the area or quests yet. He called out that characters still needed to go through the story to unlock those."
    But... you don't have to go through the story to unlock the zones. The Argus teleport system is unlocked account wide. As soon as a new character of mine reaches Argus, is can teleport to Mac'Aree. So yeah, that's really not an argument on his side.

I never liked leaders that criticized everyone because you lack a frame of reference. It becomes impossible to tell when the criticism is deserved or not. But just as bad are leaders to lavish praise on everyone and deflect all criticism to themselves, for the EXACT same reason. There is AGAIN no frame of reference. You can't tell if the praise is deserved or not. Most people in leadership roles unfortunately fall into one of those 2 categories. What you REALLY want is a guy who can both criticize AND praise, which is extremely rare, but when you get it you realize that you now have a frame of reference for what they are saying.

"Luckily this doesn't take too much effort in Argus and its quite quick to unlock all of the World Quests."

doesnt take too much effort to just make it account wide either. it's quite quick to unlock this.