Poll: Favourite elite spec?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What is your favourite Elite Specialization so far?

Greetings champions, good to see you.

So, s'been a week since Path of Fire, and I'm going to ask you: What is your favourite Elite Spec so far? Of all the elite specs (Including the ones from HoT!)

Mine is still the Daredevil. Mobile, fun, good sustain, great damage and great AoE.

And yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Scourge
    Reaper
    Tempest
    Spellbreaker
    Druid
    Holosmith
    Mirage
    Chrono

Pretty much in that order.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I only have played one, personally I think it's too early to ask players this question.

Mirage feels quite different but losing my dodge-rolll isn't worth it for me. Chronomancer is still my first choice as a Mesmer.

I always liked Mesmer, but it was a lot of work for things that were much easier for other classes. Mirage really brought something different to the class, still illusions and stuff, but gameplay is just more fun. So I voted that. Chronomancer was also fun, but not as defining.

Reaper is great, but Necro was always kind of fine on it's own, so it didn't change things.
    Firebrand is also fun, and I'm not a guardian fan. Dragonslayer was also cool. Neither really broke my world though.

Thief/ Deadeye/ Daredevil, Warrior/ Spellbreaker/ Berserker, tweaks to gameplay for classes that were fine, nothing earth shattering.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I only have played one, personally I think it's too early to ask players this question.

Mirage feels quite different but losing my dodge-rolll isn't worth it for me. Chronomancer is still my first choice as a Mesmer.
    Yeah, I had the same problem Mirage. I just don't understand why they did that and how it fits into your gameplay. The control/ activation on it seems a little wonky too.

I am hoping that they reconsider (or they get enough flak from the community) to re-institute the dodge.

I will still use chrono as my second weap combo, but I am still GS all the way.

For Mirage though, those axe abilities hit like a truck, so I hope they get that spec together somehow.

I wish they would let you use two elite specs though. Or have a mastery line that opens the ability to use two elite specs. Would be cool to give chrono/ mirage a whirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because the spec is fresh but mirage can really throw players off in pvp so much that you dont have to worry about constantly dodging, instead you use your clones and make them swing at the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    In open world I've been enjoying running around on Dragonhunter and Reaper.

In sPvP, I wanted to try out some of the new elites. Tried firebrand, got my face absolutely smashed in (found myself facing scourges). Prompted me to try scourge in PvP. I'm absolutely 100% hooked right now, until they balance this, it's the most fun I think I've had. I'm not very good (so the people I'm facing aren't very good either), but I basically changed to scourge and went on a nine game win streak and went from mid-high silver straight to gold, and it can melt an entire team before they even know what's happened at that rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    In open world I've been enjoying running around on Dragonhunter and Reaper.

In sPvP, I wanted to try out some of the new elites. Tried firebrand, got my face absolutely smashed in (found myself facing scourges). Prompted me to try scourge in PvP. I'm absolutely 100% hooked right now, until they balance this, it's the most fun I think I've had. I'm not very good (so the people I'm facing aren't very good either), but I basically changed to scourge and went on a nine game win streak and went from mid-high silver straight to gold, and it can melt an entire team before they even know what's happened at that rank.
    The funny thing scourge was already nerfed

Twice
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The funny thing scourge was already nerfed

Twice
    I didn't even know that. o.O

It's absolutely insane, but it's definitely killable. I can see it being less powerful against people who know what they're doing because it's killable when focused by #1 more than one person and #2 with some cc so it can't use it's sand shade abilities to shield itself.

That being said...I just had a Legacy of the Foefire map where I broke down the door to the enemy keep, took out the guardian attacking me by myself, proceeded to the enemy NPCs, killed ALL of them AND the guardian who came back and attacked me again, then stomped the lord. By myself. Before the guardian returned with a mesmer, and I killed them both and left.

It's gotta be getting nerfed again, right?

I didn't even know that. o.O

It's absolutely insane, but it's definitely killable. I can see it being less powerful against people who know what they're doing because it's killable when focused by #1 more than one person and #2 with some cc so it can't use it's sand shade abilities to shield itself.

That being said...I just had a Legacy of the Foefire map where I broke down the door to the enemy keep, took out the guardian attacking me by myself, proceeded to the enemy NPCs, killed ALL of them AND the guardian who came back and attacked me again, then stomped the lord. By myself. Before the guardian returned with a mesmer, and I killed them both and left.

It's gotta be getting nerfed again, right?
    doubt it. If anything is gonna be nerfed seriously it'll be firebrand. Scourge will excel in 1vs1 and 1 vs 2 but if focused down there isn't anything he can do. The funny thing the community was up in arms during the test weekend saying barriers were weak like lol it's literally a Disc priest it's so good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    doubt it. If anything is gonna be nerfed seriously it'll be firebrand. Scourge will excel in 1vs1 and 1 vs 2 but if focused down there isn't anything he can do. The funny thing the community was up in arms during the test weekend saying barriers were weak like lol it's literally a Disc priest it's so good
    Scourge will excel in a team fight too if the other team doesn't focus it right away, it'll literally wipe out the entire team. That being said, after the few extremely frustrating matches I tried on firebrand I haven't even actually noticed any of them on enemy teams. Are people actually playing them? The guardians I do see fall over dead almost immediately, the few that didn't looked to be playing the dragonhunter spec I was fond of before the expansion launched.

Scourge will excel in a team fight too if the other team doesn't focus it right away, it'll literally wipe out the entire team. That being said, after the few extremely frustrating matches I tried on firebrand I haven't even actually noticed any of them on enemy teams. Are people actually playing them? The guardians I do see fall over dead almost immediately, the few that didn't looked to be playing the dragonhunter spec I was fond of before the expansion launched.
    firebrands are glass cannons. Their burst is the most OP thing this game has seen yet. Idk if they have been nerfed yet or not (not watching guardians) but they are pretty crazy

Deadeye looks interesting from what I've watched.

Deleted
    Voted chrono.

As for the scourge and firebrand debate, I can kill scourges easily, most annoying thing is the passive condi transfer.
    As for firebrand I don't even come close to them, the amount of condi cleanse is insane, only matched by the amount of resistance of spellbreaker, only chance against them is a moa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    Voted chrono.

As for the scourge and firebrand debate, I can kill scourges easily, most annoying thing is the passive condi transfer.
    As for firebrand I don't even come close to them, the amount of condi cleanse is insane, only matched by the amount of resistance of spellbreaker, only chance against them is a moa.
    Aa scourge that can manage their life force should have more sustain than a firebrand in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Aa scourge that can manage their life force should have more sustain than a firebrand in pvp.
    I play condi chrono/mirage, scourge is easy as long as you engage, condi bomb and disengage.
    As soon as a firebrand gets condis he just removes them, without moa is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    I play condi chrono/mirage, scourge is easy as long as you engage, condi bomb and disengage.
    As soon as a firebrand gets condis he just removes them, without moa is pointless.
    i do believer that a mirage can run over most classes, it has a very high learning curve and skill cap though.

Reaper is life. Reaper is death.

Firebrand is tons of fun to play. But I’m not sure what builds people are facing in spvp but firebrand is considered low tier there unless playing a support role like Mantra Bunker. Which I don’t think is dishing out the damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the Ranger elite specs like? Mainly the Dagger, as I have Ascended Daggers.

Looking to use my 80 boost on something and can't decide.